Toovey re-signs for two more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
SEA Eagles general manager David Perry has praised the leadership of Geoff Toovey after it was revealed the club stalwart has agreed to a two-year contact extension as head coach.

The announcement of the new deal was greeted with real enthusiasm at the Sea Eagles season's launch at Le Kiosk restaurant last night.

Read More

SEA Eagles general manager David Perry has praised the leadership of Geoff Toovey after it was revealed the club stalwart has agreed to a two-year contact extension as head coach.

The announcement
toovey_accuses_hasler_s_bulldogs_of_cheating_121.jpg
of the new deal was greeted with real enthusiasm at the Sea Eagles season’s launch at Le Kiosk restaurant last night.

“The whole club is proud of the fact that Geoff has agreed to a two-year extension for seasons 2015 and 16,” said Sea Eagles general manager David Perry.

“You wouldn’t find a more passionate and committed leader of the Sea Eagles and this will no doubt rub off on the playing group and the culture of the club.

Toovey was thrust into the head coach role for the 2012 season following the sudden departure of Des Hasler.

He guided the squad which t the preliminary final in his first season and the grand final in 2013.

“Geoff and the rest of the coaching staff have done a great job under what has no doubt been challenging circumstances,” Perry said.

“And the senior playing group are still as competitive as they have ever been.

“We are just looking forward to Geoff’s continued involvement and success with the club.”

Toovey, a Sea Eagles man down to his bootstraps, said it was fantastic the contract extension has been finalised.

“And it will give some continuity to the rest of the staff as well,” Toovey said.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/geoff-toovey-agrees-to-twoyear-contract-extension-at-manly/story-fngr8iii-1226840292919

I read the headline of the article Toovey Resigns .... It should have read - Toovey Re-signs ...

Good piece of journalism that - whoever wrote it.

It gave me a brief scare.

Daddycool08 said:
I read the headline of the article Toovey Resigns .... It should have read - Toovey Re-signs ...

Jon Geddes wrote the actual article which had the headline:

"Geoff Toovey agrees to two-year contract extension at Manly"

but that had been shortened by either him or someone else to:

"Toovey resigns for two more years"

on the Manly Daily Sport news headline listing here:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sport

I have fixed the headline for the article on Silvertails so that it reads "re-signs" to correct any confusion. :)

Awesome news!

Posted 2 hours ago and less than 1000 replies!? Shame :p

I certainly think the best man for the job, has the job.

Happy days.

Jethro said:
Daddycool08 said:

Jon Geddes wrote the actual article which had the headline:

"Geoff Toovey agrees to two-year contract extension at Manly"

but that had been shortened by either him or someone else to:

"Toovey resigns for two more years"

on the Manly Daily Sport news headline listing here:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sport

I have fixed the headline for the article on Silvertails so that it reads "re-signs" to correct any confusion. :)

Sorry mate my post sounded a bit sharp when I re-read it.

I didn't mean anything I just got heart palpitations the first time I read it.

Great news. Toovey deserves a premiership as coach. He is one determined man and that is certainly in his and Manly's favour. All the new kids pulling on Sea Eagle jerseys should watch video footage of what Toovey has done for this club as a player and now as coach. It could not have been easy for Tooves in 2012. Couldn't be happier with our current coach.

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
Awesome news!

Posted 2 hours ago and less than 1000 replies!? Shame :p
We are saving ourselves for the news that Killer has signed for life :heart:

If we can now hear Killer has done the same I'll be happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4