Toovey sprays refs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
Manly coach Geoff Toovey again has NRL referees in his crosshairs after a late, off-the-ball tackle on Daly Cherry-Evans went unpunished in the Sea Eagles' 24-16 win over Gold Coast.

Read the full article

I am thinking Toov needs to work on his press conference. I have always thought its a bad look for a coach to bash on the reffs in the media. I'd rather him show a bit more class. Rise above not lower yourself just my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryr7Z03U2Gw

Tooves is right
Half is dumped on his head and video ref sees it differently

Worry about our second half switching off rather than the refs.The refs get it wrong every week, we cannot afford to switch of second half on friday otherwise we'll be punished.

I love how journo's and others are questioning our 2nd halves and lack of putting teams to the sword. These players know what needs to be done. They needed to win their last 6 to make top 4 and they did it. They didn't need to exhaust themselves before the finals and knew when to take the foot off the gas and preserve themselves. We will be primed for this. These guys know what it takes. 3 Grand finals and 2 premierships in the last 5 years how can anyone question their abilities or resolve. When it counts I wouldn't want anyone else in my corner than Snake,Killer,Matai,DCE,Foz,Choc,Gift,King,Kite,Ballin,Joe,George = 1984 games what phenominal experience.

If you're a footy player and you get dumped on your head and the refs do nothing about it you want your coach to go into bat for you. Big vote of confidence in him in my book.

Get into them too. Choc penalized for leaning his arm on the head, but not when a Titans player does it to us. DCE above the lateral or whatever, and nothing done. This goes on every game. The refs are crap and need to be pressured. The Dogs first try was from an obstruction last night, nothing done. Go Toovs.

Did anyone hear choppy Close interviewed at half time? He gave it to the refs big time, I thought he was going to cry. The NRL should fine him for his effort.

Good man. If after witnessing his HB get hit late and dumped on his head Tooves said nothing, then I would be peeved off. The video ref had 5 looks at it and does nothing, someone has to speak up.

manlyfan76 said:
Did anyone hear choppy Close interviewed at half time? He gave it to the refs big time, I thought he was going to cry. The NRL should fine him for his effort.

Except he was saying it because of what was supposedly bad calls from the Ref towards the Titans, not us.

At the ground in the last 10 mins I was basically counting the seconds they were holding us down in the tackle out loud. It was getting to 6 - 7 seconds at times. What a load of crap. There are time choc is holding down for 2 seconds and gets penalised. There needs to be a blanket rule. Max 3 seconds.

Jono said:
manlyfan76 said:

Except he was saying it because of what was supposedly bad calls from the Ref towards the Titans, not us.

At the ground in the last 10 mins I was basically counting the seconds they were holding us down in the tackle out loud. It was getting to 6 - 7 seconds at times. What a load of crap. There are time choc is holding down for 2 seconds and gets penalised. There needs to be a blanket rule. Max 3 seconds.
Well he is an ex Titans player....oh, hang on.....

manlyfan76 said:

He makes that same rant at every Titans home game. I'd be embarrassed to be a Titans supporter with that bloke carrying on the way he does.

Jono said:

This will not happen while Billy is there. It goes completely against his policy which is aimed at ensuring that refs have as much discretion as possible to determine the outcome of matches.

It always sounds like Tooves is reading from a script.

The refereeing was terrible on saturday night, nervous and terrible

robbiea said:
It looked like he was dumped on his back to me,not his head !!

He was only dumped on his back because DCE had the presence of mind to turn his upper body that way. His legs were straight up in the air, should have been a penalty and on report

Yes the refs were disgraceful on saturday, but I think they did us a huge favour! Having so much against you and coming out on top was a perfect pre finals warm up IMO. Teams that win penalty counts during the season are up against in the finals because the refs generally put their whistles away. We know how to tough it out when things are going against you and you have to do it all your self and not rely on the refs to get you home. That will serve us well in the finals.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Worry about our second half switching off rather than the refs.The refs get it wrong every week, we cannot afford to switch of second half on friday otherwise we'll be punished.

We've won how many straight now and we haven't even needed to use 3rd gear yet. We're not dropping off. We're doing what we need to do to win. You cant play at a super intensity every week. The next 3-4 games are where that intensity is needed so what is the point of turning up to them buggered?

We're the most successful team of the decade with the most experience. How can you question this teams performances? We will turn it on when needed. Not before.

Maintain the rage Tooves - all the way to another premiership.

Also, if you don't say anything about DCE being dumped like that they will be stomping on his head in the grand final.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2