TOOVEY the coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
after seeing Foz,s glowing report on Tooves on Sterlo was good enough for me,he reckons Tooves doesnt get the accolades he deserves

I know it was only the Eels but our attack looks more potent than ever on top of some great defence.

bones said:
COMMANDER said:
Going to Melbourne and losing so badly was diabolical though, and some of that has to lay at the feet of Tooves.

We lost 40-12. The exact same score that we lost to Melbourne in the finals of 2009. Some of that has to lay at the feet of Des?

Why not

Berkeley_Eagle said:
6 losses this season and losing margin

This is what people are forgetting, Look at the margins for the losses... Considering all the injuries/suspensions we have had this season i think that the loss margins show that being 'out coached' is a stupid remark to make. Toovey has the complete backing of the squad and from the improvements on last year is starting to get on top of the roles and responsibilities of a head coach. For Toovey helping Manly win would not only be a Job but a passion which you won't get from bringing in an outside coach. People should be thankful that there was a ready made replacement to take over from Des.

Seriously annoying to read the negativity about a brand new head coach into his second year in the job. You'd think we struggled to make the 8 last season let alone get within a game of the GF in '12 and coming 3rd in '13

Seriously some ppl better prepare themselves for tougher times ahead if Toovey's performance so far is a cause for concern

COMMANDER said:
bones said:
COMMANDER said:
Going to Melbourne and losing so badly was diabolical though, and some of that has to lay at the feet of Tooves.

We lost 40-12. The exact same score that we lost to Melbourne in the finals of 2009. Some of that has to lay at the feet of Des?

Why not

Because in 2009 Glenn Hall lost his unborn baby the night before (or the night before that) the game and not only did he not play but the whole team were shattered. In 2012 there was no such excuse.

and that 12 point loss is misleading. It was against Easts, and both their tries came from errors by us.
That's what I like about Manly this year, you can never count them out. They always give us hope, inclding when they were down against the Dogs and fought back to a draw after 80 minutes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8