Toovey will run the Sea Eagles his way in 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
silvertail said:
Moops, I knew someone would react to my post with something like "don't tell me what to think".

Fair enough, you have every right to form your own opinion regarding our club or other clubs.

But I am interested to know if you have total faith in Toovey and whether you support him to the hilt.

Toovey coached the club this year in 4 "big" games:

1. WCC = Lost
2. Wk 1 Final = Lost
3. Wk2 Final = Won
4. Wk3 Final = Flogged

That isn't the record of a coach who knows how to get the team "up" for the big games.

He is an average coach. He is a work in progress. He is a Manly legend.

Look agree, with sentiments i loved dessie but they way he went well was just heartbreaking, still to this day cannot get over it. Simply put still hurts me to see him in another team box. He showed no class and lost all respect from all die hard eagles fans, if he left and DID NOT try and poach other players and his whole support staff then no issue.
He done his time at the club and maybe time heals all wounds but **** it hurts seeing those pricks in GF and that bloke who is a 4 time title winner 2 as player and coach jump ship like that well is not right.

We are very lucky to have a more passionate man than hasler at the helm, our problem at present is not toovs, it is a forward pack not laying a platform for our dynamic young halfs. Next year is a big transition for our pigs this is our problems for next season.
- Lack of grunt up front Kite and King showing age getting out muscled.
- Buhrer what is his future, does ho bulk up or continue as reserve 9,
has beaver like footwork needs to realise potential.
- Lack of grunt from bench, no impact at all this is where we get stalled
- Gifty crabbing across field, this comes from no platform, this said need
variety in attack everyone knows the gifty to killer play now, further
on this now trex is gone the play down the other edge would have to
be looked at now.
- Choc no doubt injuried all year, would love to see him play wider again
now trex is gone.
- DCE needs to take a leaf out of Foz book and play more direct runs
across field too much gives too late ball at times, he kicking game
superb love to see joey work on his attacking kicks though.

However we can still make the 8, the young kids coming over getting a bit of a heads up.
Chee Kam - asked some raiders fans than are totally pissed tell me
his is a ready made first grader, and will dominate in time.
Sao - conflicting reports, starting season on fire led yards for front rowers all year. Had bad back end of year but regular 9 was injured got **** service. Has a bid of dirt in his game. Expect him to be in first grade toward end of year.
Peta Hiku - Can cover many spots in the backline had good year in 20's named warriors player of the year, expect to see him cover injuries in wingers and centres much like whare and hopoate before him.
Jacob Gagan - Australian schoolboys 2010 big raps on kid played 20's at
17, eels fans dirty about this one remember you are our feeder team.
Clinton Gutherson - Well seems the one earmarked for snake's job longterm will get held back for another year of 20's i would imagine
Jake Trbojevic - Played nsw under 20's, had a big game. Already training with full time team.

Not all doom a gloom, next year will be a transition no the dirty rebuild, have some outstanding young kids there. I see Faaoso will add impact off the bench.

next year's 17

B. Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Williams/Farrar, Foran, Cherry Evans,
G. Stewart, Watmough, Buhrer, King, Ballin, kite(if still here).
bench: chee kam, Rose, Robinson, Faaoso.

Ralphie said:
silvertail said:
Moops, I knew someone would react to my post with something like "don't tell me what to think".

Fair enough, you have every right to form your own opinion regarding our club or other clubs.

But I am interested to know if you have total faith in Toovey and whether you support him to the hilt.

Toovey coached the club this year in 4 "big" games:

1. WCC = Lost
2. Wk 1 Final = Lost
3. Wk2 Final = Won
4. Wk3 Final = Flogged

That isn't the record of a coach who knows how to get the team "up" for the big games.

He is an average coach. He is a work in progress. He is a Manly legend.
2V is a great coach, he got us one win away from the Grand Final . Bennett is an average coach , he could not even make the top 8.

Zorba wrote and I quote: "I can't believe the animosity on the peninsula towards two-time premiership winning coach Des Hasler in Sunday's Bulldogs/Storm grand final."

Give yourself an uppercut Zorba, it is not only fans on the peninsula that have animosity towards Halser, it is Manly fans Australia wide you tosser!!!

great write up Winny! Problem is our million dollar halves were surrounded by a pack that couldn't break the line or kept running across field. Keating is playing a gf solely because of his pack. Foran and DCE are settling in to watch it on tele. Problem is that Bulldogs bench is better than most our pack's performances this year. Tolman, and Graham, two mid 20's props who just steamroll. We have got to get this back as it will stuff up our multi million dollar backline of brett, jamie, matai, foz and dce.

To be fair our whole starting forward pack played injured in finals, apart from Kite.
Cant carry that many busted players in big end if season games and get away with it.
Need some new blood in the team to freshen things up, and for Tooves to apply his on stamp on the team with a new playing style.

Moops said:
And from Arko?! It really makes my skin crawl...

Which just proves that given enough time on the planet, everybody can turn into a silly old duffer.

And thanks to too much time in the sun, you can look more and more like a canetoad.

Let Zorba sit in the dog corner this weekend - but I tell you very few on the penisular and Manly fans in general will be there with him.

What a joke of an article regarding the Bulldogs - like why was it even in the article..

Zorba needs to wake up and see the light when it comes to De$...

Hmm this article in most parts, is just bizarre in my humble opinion....!

I thought Toovey was the head coach this season? Has he not already been coaching his own way?

And as for this - Back De$$ie'$ Dog$ - there is something really wrong with that statement - it is total rubbish....! Do any of De$$ie'$ dog$ back us or any other team, other than their own dog team?

And no I will not ever back De$$ie'$ Dog$, nor any individual that has tried to tear people away from our club. I back the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - "Toovey's Eagles" and that is that.

Not sure about Arko 'cheering for Dessies' Dogs in the grand final, very bizarre IMO. And actually a little sickening..........

"Some might say the drop from one to four is unacceptable but I don't agree", - I don't agree either, I think Toovey and the boys have done an incredible job this year...!

And I do not need to be reminded of Ha$ler'$ magnificent playing and coaching record at Manly, I know this...! Toovey however IMO was a better player than Des and will prove to be a better coach also....!

And just to remind some people, just in case they had forgotten about something that happened last year.................an article in part to 'jog that memory' from The Australian..............

Titled: 'Mercenary' Des Hasler pillaging Manly: Ken Arthurson

by: Brent Read
November 10, 2011 12:00AM

"It just disappoints me for someone to do what Des is doing," Arthurson said.

"Probably the most hurtful thing is when I heard he was leaving I put it on him and said I would be disappointed if he was to induce people or players to leave.

"He gave me his assurance he wouldn't do that. Of course, he's broken his word. Because of that I am really, really disappointed. He's entitled to leave. To do what he has done is beyond the pale.

"Whatever he has got out of the game he has got out of his time with the Manly club. In deference to what the club has done for him, he shouldn't be trying to decimate and pull people away from it."

Earnie the Eagle said:
"I can't believe the animosity on the peninsula towards two-time premiership winning coach Des Hasler in Sunday's Bulldogs/Storm grand final."

It is not only fans on the peninsula that have animosity towards Halser, it is Manly fans Australia wide you tosser!!!

I can't believe that Zorba can't believe the animosity. What an outrage. We haven't forgotten or deny Hasler was a very good player for us, but the timing and way he left us and in doing so "spoilt our party" after the GF is unforgiveable and will never ever be forgotten. Why wouldn't we still have animosity?!

Earnie the Eagle said:
"I can't believe the animosity on the peninsula towards two-time premiership winning coach Des Hasler in Sunday's Bulldogs/Storm grand final."

It is not only fans on the peninsula that have animosity towards Halser, it is Manly fans Australia wide you tosser!!!

Some of Manly's senior figures seem to be suffering from a sporting version of the Stockholm Syndrome. You see it in some of our test cricketers after they lose to England. They're all 'great mates' really. Too bad that they've succeeded in beating you by importing Australia's blueprint for cricketing success. Well that's just sport.

Canterbury tried and succeeded in buying Manly's blueprint for on-field success and didn't mind who they hurt, or what ethical or legal boundaries they broke, in the process. You see similar sorts of characters (to those that run that organisation) making a 'name' for themselves in local politics all around Sydney, just before ICAC comes a knocking!

Maybe Arko thinks by offering an olive branch to Hasler, the latter might be more amenable to returning one day. That train has left the station; I can't imagine that potential CEO Toovey would ever want Hasler back as the 1st grade coach. Nor do I think Hasler would want to come back, unless it was completely on his terms. Football, being as much about egos as anything, means that won't be happening.

Didn't Hasler before he left refer to Zorba as an unprofessional joke who shouldn't be employed by the club (or words to that effect).

sean1976 said:
Didn't Hasler before he left refer to Zorba as an unprofessional joke who shouldn't be employed by the club (or words to that effect).
Yes. But Zorba is living in an alternate universe where none of that was ever stated or ever published.

Or maybe he is the most Machiavellian operator in the history of the game.

Or maybe he is just a silly old fool with a Grecian top.

sean1976 said:

Yes - that came out and was published in the SMH it was in reference to a review De$ had with Graham Lowe.

bones said:
Geoff Toovey recorded the most wins ever (17) by a first year coach at Manly.
Well done bones , this post is for the true believers !!!
Toovey is a champion and will excell as our coach.

Just being pedantic but Bob Fulton won 22 in his first year with Manly, in 1983.

I appreciate that your framing probably only considers the debut coaching year as opposed to just cracking their Manly start.

As a win-rate for first year in the role as head coach, Toovey's record this year (70.8%) is 4th behind Fulton in 1983 (84.6%), Willey in 1970 (second time in the role - 72.7%) and Fulton upon his return in 1993 (72.7%).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2