Toovey's Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

driftout

Reserve Grader
Good to see that he had a go at the referees tonight. The time to make a point is when you win . The wrestling by the Bulldogs in the ruck was as bad as I've seen this season . The irony wasn't lost on Toovey when DCE got penalised for apparently holding Hodkinson down (in what was a routine ruck ). This "infraction" led to their first try .

Exactly right. A smart coach complains about poor referees when he wins not after a loss. This carries far more weight.

I don't think poor Tooves carries much weight anywhere mate...

Small on the scales and anti-Manly loading keeps him at bantamweight.

Obviously can ''LIFT'' our whole team though!

The lack of policing of the 10m is becoming a joke. Its not they aren't getting back 10 but its how quickly/early the referees are letting teams go. Teams are especially doing it when the opposition is trying to bring the ball out of their own end. We got 1 penalty tonight we should have gotten 10. QLD did it the entire game in Origin 1 and weren't penalised a single time. When the dummy half is passing off the deck to a runner who is getting tackled by multiple defenders before he his the advantage line should be a clue. This is where it needs to be a team performance from the referees, in particular the touchies who should be the ones tipping the main ref that teams are doing this.

What about the other coach saying the player that took out DCE has nothing to worry about there was nothing in the tackle. He was miffed about it even being on report.

driftout said:
Taking out a high profile player equals a longer suspension. It's how the NRL works .

Well if sid is ruled out of soo 2 he may cop a bigger penalty.

But then again im my experience the nrl judiciary seems to only care if its a nsw player. You have to wonder if renoylds wasnt going to miss soo2 if he would have won at the judiciary.

bob dylan said:
What about the other coach saying the player that took out DCE has nothing to worry about there was nothing in the tackle. He was miffed about it even being on report.
A song about the other coach ..........
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
Well, your full of s**t
and you ain't no friend of mine. :D

HappilyManly said:
How good did BJ look - love it when they're all muddy and happy - an honest days work at the office :p

He spoke well too

For those of you who are yet to see the post-match presser, you can view it here:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/06/07/rnd_13_press_conference_v_bulldogs.html

Brissie Kid said:
And still 2013 grand final stegglers Hayne and Cummins haven't had a Brookie game in 2014.

They will probably wheel them out on Grand Final day and stitch us up again.

driftout said:
Taking out a high profile player equals a longer suspension. It's how the NRL works .

So if DCE/Sid didn't jump, Kasiano wouldn't be in as much trouble?

I didn't know Lawrence's nose worked at such an exotic angle. Is that a new modification?

Sid didn't jump - he kicked a football full force and the Newtonian Laws held true. Momentum lifted the backfoot off by mere inches :sleepy:

Its pathetic that they try and excuse it, as the NRL Rule puts the onus of care on the tackler anyway :cool:

[attachment=804]

I reckon that was easily BJ's best game this year. He's not small by any means but he looked deceptively so next to a few overblown bulldogs.

Never stopped all night.

And it's more than ironic that Tooves (rightly) highlighted their stalling tactics in the ruck, when word filters from the Kennel accusing us of watering Brookvale to slow the game and their big boppers down!

Don't let the truth out either, b1tches.

RiverEagle said:
And it's more than ironic that Tooves (rightly) highlighted their stalling tactics in the ruck, when word filters from the Kennel accusing us of watering Brookvale to slow the game and their big boppers down!

Don't let the truth out either, b1tches.

And don't let the truth get in the way of a good story either!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2