Toovey's use of interchange bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not having 3 props available probably cost us but if Gower was only getting 3 minutes tooves could have picked me on the bench or at least smokin joe.

Seriously we needed an extra big bopper coming on in the first half.

Its all hindsight now but I would have played Hiku on the bench instead of Gower. His go forward could have been used, no complaints about what Toovey did, the boys did us proud out there.

Needed hiku, Brett was great setting up two tries with passes, but he couldn't run or change direction. He was on the wing not fullback when jennings scored leaving wolf exposed at fb. Hiku for brett at 60 mins would have helped a lot. No criticism of Brett here, but he was 70% at best, running with 1 stiff leg.

2v can do better.

Looking at gower's 10 meters run + 2 tackles must mean that 2v can utilise the bench better.

SACK TOOVEY!

lol

Mr Buddy Weiser said:
No he wasn't. Wolf raced across field and was out of position. Snake was not playing on the wing

Snake was out of position, Wolfie ran over to cover the fullback spot because Snake was in the line. After Wolf went to fullback, Stewart went to the wing. At least that's how it looked from where I was sitting.

The communication wasn't there. Wolf staying on his wing just won't happen. If you look at the play just before the kick, snake was back at fullback and wolf was on the other side of the posts, only then snake had to move out to cover him.

Snake was trying to shepherd the ball over the line to give us a chance to go 80 metres to score. We were still in it and he was only 2cm of being right in doing so.

Canteen Worker said:
Snake was trying to shepherd the ball over the line to give us a chance to go 80 metres to score. We were still in it and he was only 2cm of being right in doing so.

Stewart assumed Wolfman was going to do what he would at fullback, and make the play to knock it dead. Williams left it late to tell Stewart it was his play and as such, neither could react in time. You can see the confusion clearly in the slow-mo.

Was Gower that much of a risk to only play him 3 minutes? I don't really get that - and I love Tooves.

I don't understand Tooves' use of the bench. We've had a very tough finals campaign, players are playing with needles, we are down on front rowers and yet we have a forward on the bench that plays 5 minutes ??

That was a waste of a bench spot in my opinion. Des had a habit of doing the same thing, and Tooves now seems to have picked up this tactic of playing with only 16 guys. I don't understand that theory myself, maybe someone can explain it.

Gower was the guy who at least showed some glimpses of 2nd phase ball and offloads. With 10 minutes to go was it worth it?

I think Tooves is a great coach but I think he stuffed up the interchange. We were leading and then they started making busts through the ruck - that's plain and simple players being worn out. We needed some fresh blood on the field earlier.

Having Gower play so few minutes just doesn't make sense and also Symonds lack of playing time through out most of playoffs doesn't make sense to me, only ever coming on between 50 and 60 mins into game for the rest of it doesn't make sense to me

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6