Top Ten In Our Decade Of Dominance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sick of the negative stuff. Any one want to have a go at picking who have been the 10 most influential players in our decade of dominance.

1 Ben Kennedy
2 Jamie Lyon
3 Steve Menzies
4 Brett Stewart
5 Anthony Watmough
6 Matt Orford
7 Glenn Stewart
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Steve Matai

Honourable mentions to Jason King, Michael Robertson, David Williams, Josh Perry, Steve Bell, Michael Monaghan, Kieren Foran, Daly Cherry Evans and I am gonna add Chris Hicks a personal favourite.

I have probably forgot a few.

Ben Kennedy
Jamie Lyon
Matt Orford
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-evans
Michael Robertson
Brent Kite
Brett Stewart
Glenn Stewart
Anthony Watmough
Steve Beaver Menzies

I know its 11 I just couldnt decide who to drop from this list :(

Impossible to pick a top ten. Had to go the whole hog, and still it was bloody hard.

I went with a mix of speed (wit) and toughness in the backs:

1. Bones
2. Globaleagle
3. Mad Marcus
4. Mick Qld
5. Shoe 1

Brains in the halves is always good:

6. Matabele
7. Fro

A mobile forward pack with size and aggression! SER8 at lock to clean up around the ruck ;)

8. Stevo
9. Jatz Crackers
10. River Eagle

11. DSM5
12. Kiwi Eagle
13. SeaEagleRock 8

Versatile bench with some quality input.

14. Bob Dylan
15. Manlyfan 76
16. Lord Eagleton
17. Mark from Brisbane

Coach - Dan (obviously)

We all need some female perspective from time to time :)

Trainers - Niccipops
Happily Manly
Marga

The rest of us need to lift our game for next year to keep the pressure on the top 17, but we'll be here again to keep you lot honest. :p

mozgrame said:
Impossible to pick a top ten. Had to go the whole hog, and still it was bloody hard.

1. Bones
2. Globaleagle
3. Mad Marcus
4. Mick Qld
5. Shoe 1

6. Matabele
7. Fro

A mobile forward pack with size and aggression! SER8 at lock to clean up around the ruck ;)

8. Stevo
9. Jatz Crackers
10. River Eagle

11. DSM5
12. Kiwi Eagle
13. SeaEagleRock 8

14. Bob Dylan
15. Manlyfan 76
16. Lord Eagleton
17. Mark from Brisbane

Coach - Dan (obviously)

Trainers - Niccipops
Happily Manly
Marga

The rest of us need to lift our game for next year to keep the pressure on the top 17, but we'll be here again to keep you lot honest. :p
Willing to be waterboy.

pffffft, Bones has been a long time servant but his insistence of a 4 year final contract will probably mean he is off to the chookpen or warren next year.

Lucky for us that young'un, ge, is ready to go from #2 to #1.

Upgrade his contract I say!

:p

:angel:

1. Ben Kennedy (influence has been huge)
2. Jamie Lyon (the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle)
3. Brett Stewart (see the years he had bad injuries and where we finished, and the years he played well we won comps)
4. Brent Kite (2008 and 2011 were his best years. Both premiership years)
5. Anthony Watmough (especially around the 2006-2010 seasons, close to the worlds best backrower, the DNA freak he was deemed around then)
6. Steve Menzies (an ever present, tackling, scoring tries)
7. Kieran Foran (a real old school half that just tries to grab the team and lift them up to his standards)
8. DCE (brilliant rookie season, and has kept a high standard)

Now is where I've struggled. The above 8 were easy, but then to get the final 2.

9. Glenn Stewart (almost changed the view of backrowers on the modern game, ball playing on the right edge is just sensational)
10. Steve Matai (I just had to get him in)

Notables:

Robbo (the most underrated player of all time), Ox, Ballin, Kingy,

1- Lyon (took us to a new level and is all class - been here through most of it)
2- Kennedy (taught our pack what it meant to leave nothing in the tank and to play with mongrel)
3- Menzies (legend who brought class, skill, attack and defence - someone for the young players to look up to)
4- Kite (underrated IMO. He was the big body we needed year in, year out - we clearly miss him this year)
5- B Stewart (the speed, class and x-factor crucial to winning premierships)
6- Matai (tough, uncompromising and quite skillful player that every team needs - a hard-nosed winner)
7- Orford (gave us the direction we needed, and whilst he had limitations, was a very good player who steered us to a premiership)
8- Watmough (100% effort, mongrel and speedy forward, who's good points outweighed his bad)
9- Ballin (The glue. A class act that is more value for money than most in the NRL)
10- Foran (A throw-back to the old days. A tough, hard, relentless player with class)
11- DCE (hasn't been in the top grade long, but is clearly a special player that helped us to a premiership in the toughest position for a young bloke to succeed in. Barring injury, could be one of the greats.)

....10 wasn't enough. HM to Gifty, pretty harsh to leave him out actually. Turned out to be a top player could mix aggression with skill.

mozgrame said:

1. Bones
2. Globaleagle
3. Mad Marcus
4. Mick Qld
5. Shoe 1

6. Matabele
7. Fro

8. Stevo
9. Jatz Crackers
10. River Eagle

11. DSM5
12. Kiwi Eagle
13. SeaEagleRock 8

14. Bob Dylan
15. Manlyfan 76
16. Lord Eagleton
17. Mark from Brisbane

Coach - Dan (obviously)

Trainers - Niccipops
Happily Manly
Marga

Mad Monday would be interesting

EagleFromMay1967 said:
mozgrame said:

1. Bones
2. Globaleagle
3. Mad Marcus
4. Mick Qld
5. Shoe 1

6. Matabele
7. Fro

8. Stevo
9. Jatz Crackers
10. River Eagle

11. DSM5
12. Kiwi Eagle
13. SeaEagleRock 8

14. Bob Dylan
15. Manlyfan 76
16. Lord Eagleton
17. Mark from Brisbane

Coach - Dan (obviously)

Trainers - Niccipops
Happily Manly
Marga

Willing to be waterboy.

Must have a waterboy, ok you are in!!

bones said:
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jamie Lyon
3 Ben Kennedy
4 Brent Kite
5 Glenn Stewart
6 Steve Matai
7 Steve Menzies
8 Kieran Foran
9 Daly Cherry-Evans
10 Matt Ballin

Have to agree with @bones and can't go past this list if its for 10

But I actually think it should have been a thread asking for the top 17 from our decade of dominance as there are lots more that deserve being named in the Silvertails Hall of Fame

I struggled to come up with a top 10, so my starting side of the last decade is:

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Wolfman
6 Kieran Foran
7 DCE
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Jason King
11 Steve Menzies
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Glenn Stewart

Almost all of them are genuine superstars in their own right. We have certainly been blessed over the past 10 years.

MadMarcus said:
I struggled to come up with a top 10, so my starting side of the last decade is:

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Wolfman
6 Kieran Foran
7 DCE
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Jason King
11 Steve Menzies
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Glenn Stewart

Almost all of them are genuine superstars in their own right. We have certainly been blessed over the past 10 years.

You need a bench as well....lets just do top 17 from here!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4