Tough Calls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Come end of season would any of you agree we need to make some tough calls on players being moved on, contracted or not..... and if so do any of you have any ideas who could be moved on to make some changes we need, i know this wont be popular with everyone, so if it offends move on, just ideas and opinions that all. I think jamie b is one player that looks to have not found his calling and rose i dont think will be given contract renewal. Other?

c eagle said:
Come end of season would any of you agree we need to make some tough calls on players being moved on, contracted or not..... and if so do any of you have any ideas who could be moved on to make some changes we need, i know this wont be popular with everyone, so if it offends move on, just ideas and opinions that all. I think jamie b is one player that looks to have not found his calling and rose i dont think will be given contract renewal. Other?

Kite

Dan said:
c eagle said:

Kite
LOL have you got a crystal ball.........

Matt Ballin either needs an attacking 9 to help him or we will wither on the vine.He does not provide anything in attack so he either gets a helper or we let him go and look for a more rounded player in his place.

It is such an important position these days and a team needs a hooker with plenty of strings to his bow, particularly a side like us who are not prolific in attack.

Anyone wondering why the Cowboys cant get out of their own way. Its not hard to work out.

susan said:
Matt Ballin either needs an attacking 9 to help him or we will wither on the vine.He does not provide anything in attack so he either gets a helper or we let him go and look for a more rounded player in his place.

It is such an important position these days and a team needs a hooker with plenty of strings to his bow, particularly a side like us who are not prolific in attack.

Anyone wondering why the Cowboys cant get out of their own way. Its not hard to work out.

Hes solid thats for sure, but did offer a kicking game last week , which did catch the roosters out a couple of times, lets hope he keeps that up.

Balin is our 'rock' but I agree we need a 'bench hooker' to come on for 10-15 minute bursts, like The Stranger used to do. Segearo (spelling?) is the type of player we need.
Without Balin we'd be leaking a lot more points, so it needs to be balanced.
The other players who may be reaching their use-by date are (and I'm going to get pounded for this) Gift, Wolfman, Shoulders, Princess and possibly even Snake. All are fantastic players, but have we seen their best?

Princess. Surely there's a law firm around that would take him off our hands. Why isn't JB used as a hooker to give Ballin some Rest? I'd even go so far as to suggest Glenn look for another opportunity to refresh his game.

King needs to retire, why he would want another year after the last two is beyond me. Wolf man wont be offered a contract, doubt Rose will be there on 2014 and Kite already gone, could be that this is enough changes for us.

Matai should be retained and given more quality ball. wolfie needs to feel the heat from Hiku.

Definitely King as we cannot afford to have him come back next year and suffer another season ending injury in the first few games. His body has said enough in recent years

Early in the season I thought Matai was playing exceptionally well, in fact I was rating him as the best centre in the league (not easy considering how much I love Jamie Lyon).

Im sure the club know what they are doing with recruitment and retention, but we dont seem to be active in the market like all the other clubs.
Ive never seen so much movemnt as the past few weeks, with alot moving over immediately.
Can only be so many quality pick ups on the market.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6