Tough Calls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is a tough topic because we don't know the details of our salary cap situation. Smokin' Joe will have freed up something but I'm not so sure what effect Kite's departure will have on the cap. If we are at or near our limit for next season then Kite's departure may have already been factored into the equation. If his departure has freed up cap space to the tune of what he is actually contracted for then his money, and whatever Joe was being paid, should go into a prop investment fund. If King leaves the same should apply.

Having said all that the salary cap will decide what we do moving forward with recruitment. I hear Gift's contract is heavily back ended. Who knows whether or not Kite moving on was planned well in advance to enable Gift's contract to be back ended? Hasler's genius in action again?

Don't forget we have been delivered 2 premierships in the last 5 years and we are currently sitting 4th on the ladder. :)

already light on frontrowers, what frontrowers do we have if Kite, Joe and King are gone. manly need 4 good ones.

Richie, Brenton.... and if we want to include any others, they will need some 1st grade this year to be ready for 26 rounds next year.

Getting rid of Matai would be a fantastic move lol, I'm sure we have a better centre floating around in reserve grade ...

Back up hooker is essential, even if that involves an entire off season with Buhrer training there and learning the craft it would be beneficial to us

It is very easy for people to say get rid of him, him and him, but no alternatives are coming up with it so lets add them into the posts. No point getting rid of someone just for the sake of it if it doesn't improve the team

Already confirmed for next season as gone are Kite and Galuvao. If people want toss away King and Rose on top of that, we are in for an extremely long year.
Obviously we have Sao to step up into 1 of those roles next season. Also rumoured to be in the market for Nu'uasala but that it still 2 more front rowers we need to find

I don't think we can afford to lose King and Kite's influence at the same time, so another year from King for me, this run can't continue forever !!

The way some people are carrying on here you'd think we're getting lapped by 50 every week and coming last.

The fact is we're in the top 4 and not playing anywhere near our potential. This mass clean out some are suggesting is ridiculous.

All well and good punting players but no one has come up with who you'd replace them with. That's the hard part.

Saints sat on their ass after winning a comp and did nothing with an experienced roster.They are now a rabble.

We have one ace up our sleeve in 2 good young halves but the forward situation needs some planning.The recruitment guys have done a great job in the past and I expect they will have something in motion

given he is on 600K at the dogs they pay the first 600K so thats one huge back ended contract if we are paying more than 600K

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6