Toyota Cup -Top of the ladder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
This seems to be overlooked. In the grand scheme of things it is extremely important that there is some quality coming from the junior ranks. We have typically struggled in this area, but is it no coincidence that bozo has a part to play now.

so can we say that we are over winning the 'big one' & want to concentrate on the toyota cup because it has eluded us thus far@:p@:p@:p@:p

This seems to be overlooked. In the grand scheme of things it is extremely important that there is some quality coming from the junior ranks. We have typically struggled in this area, but is it no coincidence that bozo has a part to play now.
Bozo is not part of it @:cool: Bozo has just recently gotten involved with the Junior League on the Peninsular as his grand kids play in it.

MW Junior League is the largest Junior League with 15+ Teams. http://manly.leaguenet.com.au/

We also have a Peninsula Seagulls RL Team set up by Steve Gearing
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/meet-the-peninsula-seagulls-our-new-rugby-league-team/story-fngr8iii-1226833938251

The credit goes to David Heath, who took over last year and has been Coaching the NYC well.:clap:

I know we joke about the goat photos but how does Willow keep his job? Surely there's an up and coming young coach that could be given that gig?

I know we joke about the goat photos but how does Willow keep his job? Surely there's an up and coming young coach that could be given that gig?

The last up and coming coach we got was Brad Arthur.., I say we stick with Willo. At least we know he's not going to walk out and take half the first grade team with him.

Best thread ive read in ages. The 20's are going tokeep us sane this year i think.

We're missing the point .... Our first grade is in turmoil, yet something seems to be going right in the juniors. You'll find Bozo is in the inner sanctum now with Mathews, Ball and u20's.

We can thank Davr Warwick for unearthing talent like Demetriou who he signed at the NRL combine.. He certainly has done his homework on a lot of the players. A lot of talent there

We're missing the point .... Our first grade is in turmoil, yet something seems to be going right in the juniors. You'll find Bozo is in the inner sanctum now with Mathews, Ball and u20's.
Yes, he has been part of the new board for 3 or 4 weeks. It's more about the set up below the u/20s though. Bozo hasn't just miraculously cured the u/20s

The Holden cup boys are on fire! I don't get to see much of the Holden cup, but I was impressed with what I saw yesterday.

Hugh Pratt - What a talent this kid is. A goal kicking hooker with a high work rate. Not the biggest bloke in the world, but by the end of 2017, with a bit more size, he could very well walk into Ballin's spot. I was really impressed by him!!

Addison Demetriou - A pocket battleship! Only 175cm, but brute strength personified. He is a bull of a kid! Aggressive and has an offload. Tough as nails too!

Liam Knight - To my eyes, Liam could be anything in a couple of years. His hands let him down a little yesterday, but this kid has an x factor about him. A big powerful forward that definitely has an intimidating aura. On his day, I think he would be unstoppable!

Then I got to see some NSW Cup!! What a rare day of footy for me :) To come so close to beating the Mounties was no easy task..

Jayden Hodges - Had a blinder. Was in everything, all day. I think he must play in the NL side, as will give us that spark that DCE and Foran are struggling with ATM.

Siosaia Vave - Carrying a bit of pudding around the middle, but carrying it very well! Had some good aggressive runs and solid in defence. He too must be looking at a start in the NRL. Would be good off the bench.

Uiti Baker and Vinni Ngaro - Would loved to have seen more game time for them. Particularly Baker. Uiti has really improved his fitness and looks good both in attack and defence.

The big winner - The ground! What a beautiful looking field to play footy on. There needs to be way more footy played up there. Not necessarily by us, but it should be utilised more.

The Holden cup boys are on fire! I don't get to see much of the Holden cup, but I was impressed with what I saw yesterday.

Hugh Pratt - What a talent this kid is. A goal kicking hooker with a high work rate. Not the biggest bloke in the world, but by the end of 2017, with a bit more size, he could very well walk into Ballin's spot. I was really impressed by him!!

Addison Demetriou - A pocket battleship! Only 175cm, but brute strength personified. He is a bull of a kid! Aggressive and has an offload. Tough as nails too!

Liam Knight - To my eyes, Liam could be anything in a couple of years. His hands let him down a little yesterday, but this kid has an x factor about him. A big powerful forward that definitely has an intimidating aura. On his day, I think he would be unstoppable!

Then I got to see some NSW Cup!! What a rare day of footy for me :) To come so close to beating the Mounties was no easy task..

Jayden Hodges - Had a blinder. Was in everything, all day. I think he must play in the NL side, as will give us that spark that DCE and Foran are struggling with ATM.

Siosaia Vave - Carrying a bit of pudding around the middle, but carrying it very well! Had some good aggressive runs and solid in defence. He too must be looking at a start in the NRL. Would be good off the bench.

Uiti Baker and Vinni Ngaro - Would loved to have seen more game time for them. Particularly Baker. Uiti has really improved his fitness and looks good both in attack and defence.

The big winner - The ground! What a beautiful looking field to play footy on. There needs to be way more footy played up there. Not necessarily by us, but it should be utilised more.
Yes what a golden opportunity missed to play all 3 grades there yesterday. Perfect weather, perfect ground. Probably same result but surely a move to Gosford on a more permanent basis is required now.

Yes what a golden opportunity missed to play all 3 grades there yesterday. Perfect weather, perfect ground. Probably same result but surely a move to Gosford on a more permanent basis is required now.

I'm not sure what sort of crowds we'd pull there @mickqld ;) but someone should set up shop there! It's too good of a ground not use for its intended purpose. I know a lot of other sports use it, but that is one great ground for footy.

With us coming last how many will attend next brookie game ? 7000 if we're lucky. Gosford wouldn't be any less. If we are back up the top the crowds would be similar 15-18000. Gosford can accommodate that Brookvale can't. The time has come to move forward for Manly and staying at brookie won't cut it. We would get far more assistance from the NRL if we moved to Gosford.

With us coming last how many will attend next brookie game ? 7000 if we're lucky. Gosford wouldn't be any less. If we are back up the top the crowds would be similar 15-18000. Gosford can accommodate that Brookvale can't. The time has come to move forward for Manly and staying at brookie won't cut it. We would get far more assistance from the NRL if we moved to Gosford.

I shuddered when I read that last line, Mate LOL! Isn't that what the bears thought @:p

True about the crowd figures and way better facility and ground. Plus, any move north gets my vote! Less travel for me! Let's do it!!!! I'M SOLD!! :rofl:

Brookvale can officially hold 23,000 while Gosford can hold 20,059. Difference is that Gosford is much more accepted as an up-to-standard NRL venue.

Would you believe the last time we drew 23,000 (or more) to Brookvale was 1994 when 26,168 turned up for the last round game against Canberra. Since then our best home crowd was 22,746 when we lost 17-10 to Parra-doesn't-matta in Rd.17 of 1997 (the night Craig Hancock broke his ankle). And since that day 18 years ago we have only had 3 home games at Brookie where we've attracted over 20k and none over 20,510 which happened in 2013.

Now, as for our current U/20's team ..... its about time we started having success in the lower grades. Our NSW Cup / reserve grade hasn't won anything since 1988.

Last edited:
Addison Demetriou is the player for me in the 20s. Reminds me of Gallen, tough kid. I wonder down the track If he could slot into Hooker ? The 20s are doing well now , but are keen to see how they go with some tougher competition against Penrith, Knights, Cowboys, Broncos, Warriors and Roosters

Addison Demetriou is the player for me in the 20s. Reminds me of Gallen, tough kid. I wonder down the track If he could slot into Hooker ? The 20s are doing well now , but are keen to see how they go with some tougher competition against Penrith, Knights, Cowboys, Broncos, Warriors and Roosters

That's who he reminds me of @Remi ,Gallen. But not so much Paul as Peter. He plays the game just like Peter Gallen! And you're right about him being tough. For me though, when it comes to a future hooker, it's Hugh Pratt all the way! Build him up over the next couple of years and you have a goal kicking hooker ready to go. If we can hold onto him...

Its a sad day when I enjoy watching Manly play in the Holden cup more than the NRL side, but forgive me for enjoying these kids having pride in that Seaeagles logo on their chest....
The fullback filling in for young Tom was electric in support play & evasive running but gifted 2 tries with drops under the high ball - potential is there to fill in well as I doubt Tom will be back there soon.
Demitriou was a tank - brushing away defenders with ease & is similar to Taumololo with great footwork & power at the line - also pulling off 2 massive shots that had Canberra players looking for him - thats the intimidation lacking in the top grade.
Britton in the centres looked strong & rubust scoring a couple of good tries, though at times ignored an unmarked winger & held the ball in the wrong arm for a left centre.
The halves were great with sharp, skillful plays that were often unstructured playing what was in front of them - great signs for quality halves with unpredictability the key ingredient.
Maybe our future 6 & 7's are already in our own backyard, sure we need experience here in 2016 but important to nurture talent like this also, these kids deserve their shot in time & I hope they get it.
The forwards worked well together & maybe can teach the NRL side how to support the ball carrier, often slipping 2nd phase passes & also some handy tip ons when the Raiders defence was staggered.
A bloke who also caught the eye was the backrower (Parker?) who ran super courage lines all day with perfect timing & sharp angles making several line breaks - looks a likely danger on the edges & puts his body on the line, prepared to take a bang & getting rewarded for it.
Defence was solid most times which comes down again to commitment, communication & YES that work lacking at the top level - Attitude.
Super win boys - will watch at every opportunity as this side will be there when the whips are cracking!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6