Training

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Just wondering if any of you 'hardcore' supporters have been out to training yet? I'm just interested in how the boys look, in particular Lorenzo Ma'fau. Have been told he will be a gun if he can keep out of trouble.

Id love to know how the boys are going ! Maybe some pics will be up soon ! Our preperation may be different to other teams due to WCC duties. Id love to see some pics of Snake running, im hoping hes 100 % fit this year.

Hey Stevo

Who is this Lorenzo Ma'fau ? havent heard anything about him.
Got any info??

Cheers

Lorenzo originally played for the Bulldogs, hes a prop/Second Rower, hes been out of league for a drug ban, 15 months he was out for if im correct. Big Boy !

Not sure how old he is mate, a few blokes on here would know ! From what ive heard hes got alot of potential ! He played in Bulldogs 1st grade team a couple of times, lets see how he goes !

For sure will be interesting to see. For us to sign him after a drug ban must have something to offer. Im sure manly can straighten him out to.

Thanks Copa

Info from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Ma'afu

Lorenzo Ma'afu (born 17 November 1987 in New Zealand) is a rugby league player He plays as a prop or in the second-row. He was born in New Zealand with Tongan heritage.

Ma'afu played for the Bulldogs in the National Rugby League, playing in two games in 2008. In 2009 he joined the Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup

In 2010 he was banned from the sport for 15 months after his drink was spiked with ecstasy and another recreational drug. Ma'afu's ban will expired on 1 February 2011 and he has since returned to the Jets

Born 17 November 1987 (age 24) New Zealand Height 181 cm (5 ft 11 in) Weight 101 kg (15 st 13 lb)

[attachment=222]

Attachments

• Lorenzo Maafu.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
He is a ball playing back rower who can make a break himself & put on a good shot. More impact due to offering more quality than quantity - will definately push for a bench spot & if guided well by Tooves will break into the top 17.

The old "spiked drink" defence, always reeks of credibility that one.

I had no idea we signed this guy!! And yesterday it was Sam Short...
And also know we scored a couple of try scoring machines from the Sunshine Coast! Are there any more??

runningrugby said:
I had no idea we signed this guy!! And yesterday it was Sam Short...
And also know we scored a couple of try scoring machines from the Sunshine Coast! Are there any more??

Whoi are the try scoring machines from the Sunshine Coast?

Jatz Crackers said:
Info from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_Ma'afu

Lorenzo Ma'afu (born 17 November 1987 in New Zealand) is a rugby league player He plays as a prop or in the second-row. He was born in New Zealand with Tongan heritage.

Ma'afu played for the Bulldogs in the National Rugby League, playing in two games in 2008. In 2009 he joined the Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup

In 2010 he was banned from the sport for 15 months after his drink was spiked with ecstasy and another recreational drug. Ma'afu's ban will expired on 1 February 2011 and he has since returned to the Jets

Born 17 November 1987 (age 24) New Zealand Height 181 cm (5 ft 11 in) Weig\ent!t 101 kg (15 st 13 lb)

Will he become Manly's first Lorenzo the Magnificent?

Hughie Stanley and Mitchell Buckett...
They both played for the sunshine coast team last year!
If u get to google check out a game they played against central comets on the 22nd of august 2011. Both scored 3 tries! Stanley has played lower grades with the roosters! My mail is the broncos were keen on Buckett but choose the sea eagles because of Daly-Evans...
IStanley also kicks goals...

HAZ88 i have been told (from a very good source) that he is lightning for a backrower and often scores long range tries in Q cup. Is a bit of an animal too apparently.

On further investigation he played for QLD residents this year and won the Allan Langer medal at the Ippy Jets for best and fairest.

Chip and Chase said:
The old "spiked drink" defence, always reeks of credibility that one.
Only marginally in front on the credibility stakes than when Craig Field said someone gave him a "cocaine '' tablet

Cheers Stevo!! That sounds very promising , bit of a animal to i like that, hopefully he has that bit of mongrel in him also(on the field).

Could be a good prospect for us , you would have to think he would learn a fair bit to from our squad with the backrowers that we have!

Did not hear about these 2 speedsters either ?? lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4