Transport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has there been any official word from the club re buses for next Saturday. I just do not want to have to drive out there if possible.

Is there going to be like last year buses running from the Northern Beaches??

Or is the club running just the supporters buses only??

There will be major event buses & rail to the AFL's Swans semi final included in the ticket.

There will be no extra buses or rail for the NRL semi finals.

All ANZ games have integrated ticketing.

No NRL buses will be run to Allianz, difference this year is because we are not the host club.

Info on our usual supporters buses running from the Leagues Club will be out tomorrow.

That is what I thought would be the case
Again the AFL are so annoying
Anyway thanks for the reponse

They usually run free shuttles from Central.
If you're going from the Beaches just get an L90 to Central and jump on the shuttles at Chalmers st. Heaps easier than driving.

Larissa said:

Thanks Larissa. That's fine if fans live near a railway line & if the game is at ANZ. Unfortunately, unlike the AFL & Swans, it doesn't mean they are running the extra special event bus routes which cover all of Sydney.

It's all well and good for the NRL to rule that all Sydney clubs must play out of ANZ or SFS, but what have they done to help fans get to these stadiums? Free fare to ANZ if you catch a train. Wow. Nothing for the SFS game at all. Great.

They also forget finals should be aiming to attract fans from all Sydney NRL fans to finals, not just the one or two Sydney clubs playing that day.

Brissie Kid said:
Larissa said:

Thanks Larissa. That's fine if fans live near a railway line & if the game is at ANZ. Unfortunately, unlike the AFL & Swans, it doesn't mean they are running the extra special event bus routes which cover all of Sydney.

It's all well and good for the NRL to rule that all Sydney clubs must play out of ANZ or SFS, but what have they done to help fans get to these stadiums? Free fare to ANZ if you catch a train. Wow. Nothing for the SFS game at all. Great.

They also forget finals should be aiming to attract fans from all Sydney NRL fans to finals, not just the one or two Sydney clubs playing that day.

To be fair, it's reeeaaaaaally easy to get to the SFS from just about anywhere in Sydney - especially the NBs.

I doubt that it'd even be worthwhile for the NRL to fork out the cash for the free transport.

Getting to the game is not the issue as its a staggered event.

Getting 2,000+ people home, via 75 seat bus that only comes once per hour at night, that is a logistical issue as everyone wants to get the first bus!
Not to mention the potential for a few drunks to start a fiasco in the queue:mad:

Brissie Kid said:
Larissa said:

I mentioned this in another thread, it just doesn't make sense.

ANZ - free public transport from anywhere (even say, Newcastle)
Allianz - pay for public transport or drive

Not all fans live in the area they support so it should just be an automatic thing that public transport is thrown in. Some Manly fans could ferry to circulay quay.

I just don't get it, the bigger and easier ground to get to is free but the smaller one in the city that you don't want to drive to isn't.

Whether money comes into it or not, it's just the principle.

100% StuBoot. Think back to the 2011 grand final. All those Manly fans on buses & trains from the west, north west & south west. They count for nothing apparently until the grand final. Try getting from some of those areas to the SFS. No trains.

Check your tickets which say "Public Transport included (Conditions Apply)" - not sure what the conditions are but worth looking at if you are not able to travel on the supporters bus if it (they?) run.
$20 return on the supporters bus is good value and a convenient and safe way to get to and (especially) from the ground.

vidmar said:
Check your tickets which say "Public Transport included (Conditions Apply)" - not sure what the conditions are but worth looking at if you are not able to travel on the supporters bus if it (they?) run.
$20 return on the supporters bus is good value and a convenient and safe way to get to and (especially) from the ground.

Thanks Vidmar, I may stand corrected but i cant find anything on the NRL or Ticketek website that tells me that FREE transport is included.
I suspect that ANZ Stadium kicks in to cover the costs of transport so they maximise bums on seats.
The supporters bus is great if you live in Gods country but most of us don't unfortunately.
I live at Epping so getting to Allianz is relatively easy but it'd still cost me about $15-20 return but if the family come to its probs $40-50 and that's not a level playing field when you compare apples with apples.

The transport mention is on the tickets (under where it says "to Be the greatest")

As mentioned above not sure what that refers to (maybe the shuttle from Central?)

I did a search like you and couldn't find anything so will have another look tomorrow.

The Stadium has a good "how to get here" section as does the Roosters site so worth a look (there is also a free shuttle from Easts Leagues if you live Bondi way.

The NRL has shoved upon us ANZ & SFS as the home for all Sydney finals, but done NOTHING to help get fans from ACROSS Sydney to each stadium. The two go together. The AFL knows that.

Manly Daily back page has snippet;'Buses to run all afternoon and after the game to Central'

Fluffy said:
First world problems

Yes,discrimination is:mad:

Mass transport is designed to avoid isolation and chaos.
Every game in Brisbane is inclusive of transport, Sydney lacks this basic service:(

Another thing to be aware of there is track work sceduled on multiple rail lines this weekend so extra time will need to be get to tge SFS if your line is affected...

Think I'll end up parking my car at my office in the CBD & jumping a bus from Elizabeth St.

http://www.131500.com.au/events/nrl-double-header-sharks-v-cowboys-roosters-v-sea-eagles
Saturday 14 September

Gates: 1:15pm
Sharks v Cowboys: 4pm
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 7pm
Finish: 10pm

Venue
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park

Sydney Buses is running express special event buses from Central Station to Moore Park from 1.15pm onwards, to help get fans from both games to the stadium.

Special event buses will also be running from Circular Quay and Wynyard from 3pm, for customers heading to the Roosters v Sea Eagles match.

You can use MyZone tickets on special event buses which include MyBus, MyMulti and Pensioner Excursion tickets or purchase a special event ticket before boarding the bus.

HappilyManly said:
http://www.131500.com.au/events/nrl-double-header-sharks-v-cowboys-roosters-v-sea-eagles
Saturday 14 September

Gates: 1:15pm
Sharks v Cowboys: 4pm
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 7pm
Finish: 10pm

Venue
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park

Sydney Buses is running express special event buses from Central Station to Moore Park from 1.15pm onwards, to help get fans from both games to the stadium.

Special event buses will also be running from Circular Quay and Wynyard from 3pm, for customers heading to the Roosters v Sea Eagles match.

You can use MyZone tickets on special event buses which include MyBus, MyMulti and Pensioner Excursion tickets or purchase a special event ticket before boarding the bus.

Sorry to bang on about it again but it seems that "special event buses" from Central, CQ or Wynyard to Moore Park is the same as FREE public transport from anywhere on the Cityrail/Sydney Bus network to ANZ.

So are the special event buses free?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4