Travis Burns Sam Perrett KISS Tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6yy5mnO2eU[/youtube]
TQihid3W.jpeg

I had to laugh at Shayne Hayne's comment to him when he fought whoever it was. He certainly doesn't back down to anyone

tractorboy link said:
I had to laugh at Shayne Hayne's comment to him when he fought whoever it was. He certainly doesn't back down to anyone

yeah that was great

1st off, he is bigger than you. And Travis just shrugs his shoulders.

i always liked Burns

Burns was OK.  To many penalties in a team who gave away to many penalties.  Top risky.

DSM5 link said:
Burns was OK.  To many penalties in a team who gave away to many penalties.  Top risky.
He is now 3 yrs more experienced. Not as green around the edges.
I reckon he would make a great backup half for us and/or replacement hooker. Could get rid of Bailey and slot Travis into the squad?

WAMF link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=185431.msg296692#msg296692 date=1285108855]
I reckon he would make a great backup half for us and/or replacement hooker. Could get rid of Bailey and slot Travis into the squad?
[/quote]

Yeah mate I've been wanting to get Mr.Burns back for quite a while now. He'd be great off the bench & offer superb utility value.

From all reports he is still very close to the Manly squad as well.

Yeah I hear he is a popular guy or was at manly at least.

The accounts in the Beaver book were amusing.

Travis has a cousin up here in Rocky who is a vet at DPI.  He calls the attitude Travis has as the "Burns temper".  The toughness of the Burns's must run in their genes.  He reckons if you go to Texas (Qld) and ask any of the local there,  they will give you many stories of the Burns's fighting and winning above their weight.  If we had the chance, i'd have him back.

I'm a Travis Burns fan, and was sad to see him leave. He does a mountain of work. But I'd worry about having him and Matai in the same team; we give away too many penalties now.

burns isn't penalised anywhere near as much as he used to be.

To be honest matai's days are numbered, I unfortunately foresee him being rubbed out of the game much the same as Hoppa and Les Boyd.

I don't think Matai is a dirty player, he is aggressive but I think he more or less just runs around with a target on his back these days more than anything

I guess I'm the minority here, but I'm not a Burns fan, even when he was at Manly. Sure he is tough, but I don't think he offers much in attack. The old right foot step every time he gets the ball is rather predictable.

mcatt link said:
I guess I'm the minority here, but I'm not a Burns fan, even when he was at Manly. Sure he is tough, but I don't think he offers much in attack. The old right foot step every time he gets the ball is rather predictable.
mate  when he was with us he cleaned up anything that moved up the middle he was like a terrier, he  was a good prospect & we  let him go, cowboys tried to use him as a playmaker , they stuffed him up,  travis  has a good pass on him & he tackles his whole out  each game he isnt a playmaker cowboys stifled his game up. im still abit pissed he didnt get a run in the 07 GF,, after all he was one of the players who played solidly throught the yr especially when we had menzies matai & orford  on the bench injured throught the yr

Dan link said:

To be honest matai's days are numbered, I unfortunately foresee him being rubbed out of the game much the same as Hoppa and Les Boyd.

I don't think Matai is a dirty player, he is aggressive but I think he more or less just runs around with a target on his back these days more than anything

Completely agree. Matai's reputation now preceeds him.

Yet somehow Michael Crocker manages to avoid scrutiny, and gets praise for his hit on Snake in the 07 GF.  If Matai put that exact same hit on Billy Slater in a GF he'd be sent off.

Paul Gallen has turned his rep around so there is hope for Matai

I wasn't a fan of Burns when he was at Manly, thought he was a bit over rated in most areas, but I have been enjoying him at Penrith this year

Could live with him sitting on the bench in 14 and relieving Ballin at some stages of the game

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185431.msg296748#msg296748 date=1285116543]

Yet somehow Michael Crocker manages to avoid scrutiny, and gets praise for his hit on Snake in the 07 GF.  If Matai put that exact same hit on Billy Slater in a GF he'd be sent off.
[/quote]true mate..

Travis was a terrier as discribed by jjai. His lateral movement to clean up attacks was fantastic. Where he let us down was in his attack options, his ability to keep his cool and the penalties he gave away. I still don't see him as setting the world alight. Each game I have caught him in has been ok but not inspirational. He offers a lot more than some others in the squad. If he came back and under good guidance I wouldn't complain.

jjai link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=185431.msg296790#msg296790 date=1285125756]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185431.msg296748#msg296748 date=1285116543]

[/quote]true mate..
[/quote]

Matai needs to do what Ryles and Nuttly where pretty much forced to do and thats go and have a year in super league to clean up his judicary record.

WAMF link said:

Too true. I've always liked Travis and hated him leaving us. Now he's 3 yrs older and probably wiser, I'd love him back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7