Travis Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

quinny

Reserve Grader
Easy to see why Des let this guy go-he has a tonne of courage-but always starting petty fights with ridiculous over aggression. He gave it to DCE yesterday and expected nothing in return-but the young bloke revved it up him and Travis bent BALLISTIC!!! I loved it DCE

Plus he went for a hit on foran in cover defence and got swatted away like a fly...as he strolled over for a try.

Travis-Angry Ant lol

Yeah and he stayed down milking a penalty. I never thought he had the character I expect of a long term sea eagle.

Actually we wanted him to stay. We just couldn't offer him the same money as Cowboys or a guaranteed spot in first grade as we had monas, orford, lyon, ballin etc on the books.

But yes, Des wanted him to stay. I have lots of time for Travis and always thought he was a good player, he was popular amongst the team as well

Daniel said:
Actually we wanted him to stay. We just couldn't offer him the same money as Cowboys or a guaranteed spot in first grade as we had monas, orford, lyon, ballin etc on the books.

But yes, Des wanted him to stay. I have lots of time for Travis and always thought he was a good player, he was popular amongst the team as well

Be that as it may-he hasn't done much since he was here. Des may have wanted him to stay....for $100K....that's how you say your over priced TA TA. If Des wanted him-he would be still here. BTW-I thought he played some terrific footy for us, so I am not potting him. He needed anger management for sure!!!

He was similar to a hodkinson type, limited but solid enough. I wasn't upset when we lost him but don't mind watching him play

I was and still am a Travis fan.

Nice and tough for a little guy, plenty of niggle in his game.

I am glad how he has come back to top form this year.

He is an excellent goal kicker - until his shocker yesterday. He gave Oldfield a nice egg on his forehead as well from a swinging arm in a tackle.

quinny said:
Daniel said:

Be that as it may-he hasn't done much since he was here. Des may have wanted him to stay....for $100K....that's how you say your over priced TA TA. If Des wanted him-he would be still here. BTW-I thought he played some terrific footy for us, so I am not potting him. He needed anger management for sure!!!

Again I disagree. He was locked in a power struggle at the cowboys and had personality clashes with some notable players up there. Once he left and started playing at the panthers he started finding some decent form.

It was just a matter of us having too many on our books in similar positions and us being unable to match the price being offered. Had monasgate not happened he would have stayed with us.

He is no more Agro now than he was with us.

Kiwi Eagle said:
He was similar to a hodkinson type, limited but solid enough. I wasn't upset when we lost him but don't mind watching him play

I agree they are similar in a lot of ways, although I think Travis' biggest strength is that he always gives 100% and I don't know if you can say that about Hodko.

He was a tough player for us. Great defensivley but in offence he always got caught trying his trademark side step.

I seriously thought he would thrive at the Cowgirls as JT could run a l the shots and he could play secnd fiddle.

He seem to have put on some weight at the panny panthers. Krispy Kreme must be going gangbusters.

Niggle is part of his game, he was doing it here and we were cheering, and he is still at it. Its good as it gets out halves to take up a notch.

Can't understand why he wasn't sited for the swinging arm. Oh yes, I forgot, he hit a Manly player and that's OK. I actually liked Travis but he certainly gave away his share of penalties. Having Choc and Travis playing at the one time was just to much.

One dimensional player, not someone we have missed. Surprised he is still running aorund with 6 on his back, thought he would have been turned into a 9 by now.

Travis ia a great little terrior. Tuff as and capable of getting into opposition players heads. Bit like ennis.

great defence poor attack and gives away more penalties than choc and gift combined. Had to go

tookey said:
He is an excellent goal kicker - until his shocker yesterday. He gave Oldfield a nice egg on his forehead as well from a swinging arm in a tackle.

he missed the easist goal ever!! Rabbs and sterlo put the mocker on him

Des only wanted Travis for depth in the squad never really wanted to keep him----his development was plateauing out in the same manner Hodkinsons limitations were becoming obvious. Yes Des admired both players but knew he had to move on when the price they seeked was beyond the price of a steady strong player---in other words he did not really want to keep either of them.

TC I like your input very much and I was an initial naysayer. Keep up the the good posts, even the ones I don't agree with.

Brookvale said:
He was a tough player for us. Great defensivley but in offence he always got caught trying his trademark side step.

I seriously thought he would thrive at the Cowgirls as JT could run a l the shots and he could play secnd fiddle.

He seem to have put on some weight at the panny panthers. Krispy Kreme must be going gangbusters.

Niggle is part of his game, he was doing it here and we were cheering, and he is still at it. Its good as it gets out halves to take up a notch.

A good point - that a lot of posters here should remember when bagging a lot of players.

Personally-I hated his niggle when he played here. I cringed every time he went near the play. But if he "got away with it" of course I was happy.
Unfortunately referees were usually right onto him-I seen him penalised many times for "trying a bit harder than the next guy". But in the wash up he was a marked man by the refs and a hot head.
Each to their own, but I agree with Technical Coach.

I always liked the bloke. He has a fair amount niggle in his game but no worse than matai or watmough, unfortunately having all 3 in the same team was disastrous for our penalty count. Thankfully Matai and Watmough have been better recently in the penalty department but it appears Burns hasn't changed. I agree that he always gives 100% and he could have been a useful asset in our squad over the last few years. Having said that, would his retention have potentially meant that Foran never got the opportunity he did?
He was well liked by the players which is always good for team cohesion. Last I heard, when he started playing at Penrith, a lot of the Manly players used to travel to his place for poker nights.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4