Travis Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was my favourite player in 06 , the ruck was his anything moving would be tackled.. i liked his workload when he was with us plus his enthusiasm.Nth Qld used him wrong.
Manly were going to let him go after 06 then they extended it for 1 yr..
I still reckon he should have been in the 1st 17 in 07 GF.
He would be a good bench player for us take some pressure of ballin in the later stages of games.
I know he has that niggle in him , he is like a little terrier ..

always kept and eye on travis. Loved his style or lack of it really. Gotta say though he cost penrith dearly on the weekend. He invariably seemed to make an error whenever manly did something good

Yep at Manly I always thought he tried his guts out put in more effort than most players BUT lacked the class/skills to be a top player. He always seemed like a bloke a bit out of his depth who managed to scrape by on pure heart. He's an "almost" player.

Nothing I have seen since he left Manly has made me change this opinion.

jbb/james said:
always kept and eye on travis. Loved his style or lack of it really. Gotta say though he cost penrith dearly on the weekend. He invariably seemed to make an error whenever manly did something good

had he been able top stay with us he would be a completely different player by now..
The thing is no other team plays like us we have our own style , Travis was a 5/8 he had 6 on his back, but we didnt use him as our go to man, or playmaker he just kinda roamed around the ground did his thing touched the ball a few times in the sets, knew when to pass it on or try a step & run at the opposition but he didnt the read the game like a playmaker, thats why NTH QLD used him wrong, atleast Penrith are letting him do his own thing kind of, he likes to mix it with the forwards too much , rather than think 2 plays ahead , but he was handy & after the NE days plus our 1st 2 seasons back as Manly with the players we had, he seemd like a good young prospect who gave his all in every match SOMEONE WHO NEVER GAVE UP..

Always like Trav but it just seemed like some niggle u get between players facing up against their old team. He woulda gave it to DCE just because he was manlys half and twice the player burns is. :D

Him leaving worked out best for both parties, we got gun halves and hes playin first grade

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4