Travis Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Am I the only one that thinks the proposed 17 week suspension for Burns is way too much.

I didn't think there was too much in either incident.

Cumulative 3 or 4 weeks would have been more on the mark in my book.

He has a fairly long history, the fact there were two in one game probably made it worse as well

17 weeks is a joke I think.

No one left the field in a daze or unconsciuos or suffered any injuries.

Frogz said:
17 weeks is a joke I think.

No one left the field in a daze or unconsciuos or suffered any injuries.

So someone has to be severley injured for it to be stupidly dangerous?

The guys got quite a history. A deliberate head high tackle. A dangerous chicken wing? They all add up.

He jumped to intentionally hit him high. Of course he deserves it. Thank god Manly didnt invest too much time and faith in that knob.

I am with simon64 and Frogz on this one.

3 weeks the high tackle and a couple for the chicken wing would be enough.

Its an absolute joke, if he was a high profile player this wouldnt be happening.

17 weeks?? Did he kill someone?

bob dylan said:
I am with simon64 and Frogz on this one.

3 weeks the high tackle and a couple for the chicken wing would be enough.

Its an absolute joke, if he was a high profile player this wouldnt be happening.

17 weeks?? Did he kill someone?

Yep. The rest of Penriths season

way way over the top, 17 weeks for those regardless of form is unbelievable. If they judiciary carry on like this , some of this stuff will end up in the courts i fear. penalties like this are career killers. Lets just look to the future and what happens if he hits the head which happens 20 timesa game next season. He will get 80 weeks for something that happens all the time. I know his was a bit worse but that hit on bailey as he scored was as bad really. A clenched fist at the head that looked deliberate. Pretty sure he wouldnt have got as much for the chicken wing if it hadnt been recent news in the AFL

6 weeks would be sufficient. Shows how inconsistent the match review committee is. Steve matai is one bad tackle away from 3 years on the side line.

yeah but if they do say it's 17 weeks (which I doubt) then it includes a whole bunch of pre season stuff so it's never "17 main draw nrl comp games."

As much as I despise Burns I think it's way too harsh. The Inglis cheap shot on Young is far worse IMO, now he could of made the poor guy crippled.

I just watched it again.

No way that was a deliberate high shot. Kennedy was falling and Burns looked away. Reckless/careless yes. Intentional no way

No way Burns deserves that much for his high shot. It was on Martin Kennedy FFS, he earned himself a cash bonus with that one, not a suspension.

The high shot was both intentional and an absolute beauty-did NOT miss at all. Easy 4/5 weeks suspension IMHO.

As for the chicken wing or whatever it was.... That rubbish has to be stomped on: HARD. What if a shoulder gets popped or a knee or ankle?? My thoughts are if player A "chicken wings" player B, who subsequently misses X amount of games through injury, then player A should sit out the same amount. It's just NOT DONE. Pure, outright grub tactic.

17 weeks is pretty harsh, what did Les Boyd get for accidentally cocking an elbow??

Danny Williams got 18 weeks for the "king hit".

You telling me the two cases are about the same ? The match review committee need to say no to drugs.

Says on Sunrise that he's been released by Penrith. Seventeen weeks is going to make it hard for him to find a new club. Wonder would we be interested if we got him cheap, he'd be handy to have as a backup.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6