Travis to leave?? re J Lyons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
I have a gut feeling we have or bout to sign lyons as we paid big dollars 4 mattai to re-sign (from an insider) so he aint moving out of centre and neither is bell

travis still hasnt been signed up 4 next year (in june) j lyons has come out and said waiting till june 30 (would have re-signed with eels by now and cut the crap) and tigers have mentioned in the press how they rate travis hmmmm

is this another monas gate?? Manly knew orford was coming and didnt want to sign monas

and now travis unsigned and lyons in the wings????

what do u think

Travis Burns, while a solid defending 5/8, is just not the attacking option we need to take us to the next level. You just can't compare him th J Lyon, I'm sorry.

Burns for Dunley and Willo. Matai still makes the errors and won't pass the ball. Sure he scores tries but gives away plenty as well. Sign Burns and cut the crap. Just who is on the retentions committee?

FFS people !!!! Jamie Lyon is one of the best players in the world. Easy fix:-

Dunley is almost 30. Move Burns to utility, Lyon to 5/8.

That's all that should be said on the subject. Remember, Toovey played Hooker a bit as well.

Lyon has knocked back a massive offer from parra this week and is waiting to june 30 to test the market with 8 teams after him, penrith and manly are the favouties........... but this is from rebeeca wilson

Imagine the attacking flare we would have with Orford, Lyon, Burns & Monaghan in the team !!! Reminds me of a group I used to hate as a Bears supporter that included Lyons, Toovey, Kosef & Hasler...this time around, I get to SUPPORT the gun side !!! YIIIIAAAAAAA !!!!

i think travis is a genuine hooker, tackles like a champion and darts around the ruck, not much ball skill but can kick

That's all that should be said on the subject. Remember, Toovey played Hooker a bit as well.
01.Stewart
02.Robbo
03.Bell
04.Matai
05.Hicks
06.Lyon
07.Orford
08.Asotasi (if enuff $$) Or King
09.Monas
10.Kite
11. Creagh
12.Watmough
13.Menzies

14.Burns
15.Leuluai
16. Stewart
17.King or Bryant

This Team would have to win the comp dont you think

2000% correct Ryno, Get Burnsy in the gym, and extra 5kilos over the off season, and hes a perfect hooker, great defence, sharp of the mark at dummy half! let Lyon/Orford bell and co reap havoc out wide!!!!

Agee with the above.

Get rid of Dunley and Willo. Lyon to 5/8 next year.

Burns to work in the gym and live with Rose in the offseason to put another 5-6 kilos to be interchange hooker next year.

Glen Stewart needs to build up more in the offseason and particularly work on his leg drive in attack to repace Willo on the bench.

Creagh to take BK's place and another mongrel prop or two (to replace deadwood and curtis) to be signed and we are definate premiership contenters next year.

staggers me how people believe lyon will be capable of playing 5/8 in the NRL

I have huge doubts about it, awesome centre i'll grant that and he would be an asset but i really question his value at 5/8

ESL isnt up to NRL standard

ok Cliffy, its a simple question, would you rather bank on Jamie Lyon, with 100 NRL games 100 ESL games, not sure how many test matches and origin games to adapt to playing 5/8 in NRL after 2 seasons of 5/8 in ESL( including playter of the year awards in that position)

or Travis after 10 first grade games ?

5/8 has changes so much in the last few years since say the days of cliffy, its now a place for a ball running second rower like Fittler/Anasta/Hill etc especially outside a skillfull half back.

was speaking to a friend (yes I do have them) who works at Manly...he suggested they have contigency plans as follows:
1. If Lyons comes to the club (I think thats a pretty good bet...he will only come to play centre ( as he wants to prolong his stint in the NRL 5/8 would jeopodise longevity).
2. Manly want to keep Travis Burns, but are waiting to get answers on a prop and second rower whom they have sent "expressions of interest" to, before they can decide if they can afford Burns.
3. Should Burns not stay, Hicks has expressed an interest at being trialled at 5/8 as he wants to get closer to the action and good with his hands?
Could be all BS hey but what do I know? Sounds reasonable to me?

Hey Pepsi... take issue to Anasta being regarded a 5/8.... more like a premadona!

Fulton on 2GB said Manly have definately got Lyon and will be announced soon after June 30

What about anti tampering rules? Fulton shouldn't be saying that as he could get manly in trouble for negotiating with a player still under contract.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4