Treasure chest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Assuming we now have $300-500,000 per season to spend, where will the battle funds be directed?

For mine, securing Foran long term is a priority. 

Beyond that, I'd be looking at some down on luck players we can recycle aka Hall etc.  Any thoughts on who is out there (particularly halves) that might be worth looking at.  And no I'm not thinking of that fat little fellow who tanked for Souths after he knocked back a deal with us - was it Joe Williams?

Surely we wouldn't go near Mason?

I think we already have them Mata, in Galuvao, Seu Seu and Cross

For mine, the money goes towards locking down Foran, Watmough, Glenn Stewart and Lyon

There was a bit of talk a month or 2 back we were in discussions with Liam Foran about joining us next season

We will need the extra cash to retain watmough and Stewart at the end of next year.  Foran is a must as well.  Probably not too much change out of those three though.  

There was some talk from one of the posters here that crusher apparantly told his mechanic that we were chasing Monaghan if orford left.  That will make a few people unhappy. 

Extend Watmough, Extend Foran, get Robertson re-signed and probably Williams too

Given Williams 2009 performance maybe they should wait on that, hopefully wolfie can show some vast improvement, concentrate on his footie and not so much on his his media or acting commitments..

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I think we already have them Mata, in Galuvao, Seu Seu and Cross

For mine, the money goes towards locking down Foran, Watmough, Glenn Stewart and Lyon

There was a bit of talk a month or 2 back we were in discussions with Liam Foran about joining us next season

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182015.msg245715#msg245715 date=1258355980]
I believe Manly ARE interested in Michael Monaghan.
That's all I'll say about that.
the manly fans who have a clue arent
[/quote]

So you are right in the get Monas back camp then Cliffy

Monas was great leader but a lazy half - I like Holdsworth but as 5/8 but his defence is bad. It's going to be cazy who we ever put there for at least one season.

I hope we at least make the top 8 next year and would be better if the new half became a star and we win the comp. But I dont think that going to happen. Our odds will blow out no doubt.

If we bring someone new in over these guys we may well lose 1, and worst case scenario, both of them at the end of next year.

How much would Thurston demand a season, would have to be a fair chunk of the cap. Who would we let go to pick him up ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4