Treasury/Donation system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I hate to be an ass and ask for money etc. But I have set up a treasury part of the site that can track donations and help us reach a few goals.

http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?action=treasury

Sorry to ask for cash etc but it is one way we can help grow the site.

Dan

yeah noticed that. I am working to fix now

This is now fixed. Thanks for the heads up guys

Why don't you just introduce a fines system for posters. $1.00 for every YART, $2.00 for every baited "fishing" post following the death of an Aussie icon, $5.00 for every "bring back Monas" post, $5.00 for "Kingy will play Origin this year" calls, $10.00 for every alter ego used by regular posters to rattle the Silvertails cage ($20.00 if they conduct an online "argument" with their own alter ego)....etc etc

You get the picture, you'll have your running costs, and some, in no time.

That would be cruel people will be too scared to fix.

We are half way to the target. I am not looking to re-coup the normal running costs, I am happy to put those in, but i can't currently afford making the site professional and i want a proper design for everyone

I am not 100% sure of the design, for $200 we can have the one that I showed you in the admin section the other week customized to fit our colours. I have also put in for a proposal for a 100% custom design

At the moment we almost have the $200 what with current donations and the money I had already put aside for it.

I need to also renew Alternateeagles.com domain and also silvertails.net in the next few months so need to use some of my site budget on that

Doing a good job Dan. Now that hols are here some people may be able to add some cash. Important the domain etc are maintained.

Good stuff.

we should fine you every time you pull someone up.

So I have a quote in today
$400 USD for a 100% unique design

$200 USD for a current design customized to our colours and to fit our content.

I am still awaiting more

Dan,

You may not have to do either. I'm currently talking to one of my good mates who does I.T at Uni. He owes me a couple of favours and said he'll be happy to re-design the site, free of charge from scratch (mainly for his own portfolio purposes).

PM me and I'll give you some contact details for him.

Cheers.

Scuba that would be awesome, but is he a designer or developer. The development side I have down now worries, they look and design well I am not skilled. I am just about to leave for the airport but will PM you either later today or tomorrow arvo.

Dan

Dan,

I'll have to get back to you regarding that, but I'm pretty certain he would just be totally re-designing the site to improve its appearance aesthetically more then anything else.

As I said, I'm useless as tits on a bull with these types of things, but he's your best bet to talk to about this.

there is some pretty good pre-made sort of sites on the net

Joomla is a good one, has alot of community support. If i can help with anything just give us a bell

Zep,

it isn't the site, it is the design. We switched to a Joomla back-end this year from a heavily customized e107 system. The development and functionality aren't an issue, as I am a paid developer. It is the design that is the problem, I am just not a designer or or graphic orientated person, so am looking to get that done.

I will contact you later today Scuba.

Cheers
Dan

Thank you everyone for your donations. We need only $20 more and we will have the amount to fire the contractor to finish the site for us.

Please Please consider donating

$10 away. $5 will get us across the line, it takes $5 for my transfer to go in!

anyone who can help out will be helping us out big time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6