Treat them like kids article.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
In this Telegraph article Rebecca Wilson points out off-field behavioural indescretions by male sports stars indicating that the adoration these guys recieve leads to  an anti-female mentality.
The article mostly spotlights AFL and NRL players, but also relates to swimmer Nick Darcy and unfortunately the poor Rugby bloke that was hit by a car.
The reporter points out that you don't hear these kind of stories about lifesavers, triathletes, netballers etc.
Many reader comments stated that articles about the above athletes (lifesavers etc.) wouldn't be news worthy.
As a female I firmly believe that men should treat women with respect and
I also believe that women should treat men with respect. It's a two way street.
I think when you're dealing with male athletes and women, the guys are always going to look bad in the eyes of the general public.
These men are young, have big pay packets and most of them are a fair size bigger than the average human being. Anyone that stands out like that is a big target for scrutiny.
I know in my lifetime I've gotten away with quite a few things just because I'm a girl and I don't think that's fair to guys.
I wish there was a female sports reporter out there who would write about the good things the majority of our male athletes do instead of continuosly bagging out sports stars exhibiting problems that belong to the whole of society.

good post nicci so when are we going on a date
im in sydney this weekend

Cliffy Gc link said:
good post nicci so when are we going on a date
im in sydney this weekend
I'm many Ks away from Sydney. Wish I was there though. Love to be at Brookie on Sunday.

Wilson is in pixie land if she thinks lifesavers, triathletes, netballers are clean skins.  Having had quite a bit to do with the triathlon scene as a young 'un, it is an incredibly misogynistic sub culture.

I think she's sour she hasn't pulled a root from an NRL star.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
will make sure cliffy blows a kiss at Brett for you ;)
Cheers mate. Must be a passionate one, but not distract him from his job - to score us trys.

Rebecca Wilson leads to a an anti-female mentality with male sports supporters

Matabele link said:
Wilson is in pixie land if she thinks lifesavers, triathletes, netballers are clean skins.  Having had quite a bit to do with the triathlon scene as a young 'un, it is an incredibly misogynistic sub culture.

Matabele link said:

I think she's sour she hasn't pulled a root from an NRL star  ;D

Matabele link said:

Even NRL stars have standards. You'd have to be keen to go there.

It's kinda rich coming from her given the infamous tryst she had with a colleague in a back alley in Paddington a few years ago. 

If a footballer did what she did she'd want his guts for garters. 

Matabele link said:
It's kinda rich coming from her given the infamous tryst she had with a colleague in a back alley in Paddington a few years ago. 

pm me the details

nici im qld normally where r u

Interesting transcript this one:

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2007/s2270243.htm

Shows what Wilson is capable of.

Would Wilson and her Daily Telegraph mates consider that Candice Falzon is a human being, with blood and skin and feelings? Not just a target to damage for personal gain.

Would these reporters seriously reflect on the recent death of Jobie Dajka, and the like, and ask whether their reporting contributed? Would they hesitate for one moment to reflect?  

Or do they routinely think that everyone is fair game, no action is barred, and nothing is off-limits?

I remember watching that Australian Story episode and thinking afterwards what a pathetic subject matter it was for what is normally quite a good and interesting show. I can only assume that Max Markson called in a favour to get some positive spin for Candice.

By the way, how many drink driving offences has old Rebecca the Bed Wrecker racked up now ? You can't help but laugh when she starts commenting on NRL players and their drinking habits.........do you think she knows what irony is ?

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180080.msg218673#msg218673 date=1239448158]

pm me the details

nici im qld normally where r u
[/quote]In that beautiful Sunshine State where it's effing raining at the moment.

Not raining up here in the bay. Bloody hot though

Dan link said:
Not raining up here in the bay. Bloody hot though

More humid than hot in my opinion Dan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4