Trent Barrett Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you believe that Trent Barrett is capable of taking Manly to a premiership win

• Yes

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Not sure, But I reckon he might.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Not sure, But I doubt he will.

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

conanu

Bencher
So with some of us so called whingers being called out for complaining about Barrett. I thought I would offer up a simple poll to see what Silvertails posters actually think.

If the poll shows that more than 50% of you believe he is the right man for the job, then I will ease off on the rage. Deal?

Don't think he has been great but under the circumstances...doubt ANY coach would have done much better....in actual fact, I recall Cowboys recently having Thurston out & got away with it as an excuse to lose...even the media buying into that claim as fair game - Manly no DCE, Lyon, Parcell, Matai & plenty more, yet its ALL on the coach.
This is where I sit on the fence & get splinters in my a** as at the same time have often been puzzled by selections???
Brown for instance....AFB/ Vave out....
Also game plan - the players don't seem to change a system that is obviously failing big time - personally I blame the players on the park for not playing heads up- a game plan is to build around & come back to compete & complete - structures are the bones - its what you do on the back of this that wins games.
I don't think its fair to judge accurately at this stage - IF....there was a FULL strength team to choose from & we sat where we are today on the ladder, it would be easy...but really has had some huge obstacles along the way.

A more accurate poll to address your whinger statement would be do you think the Barrett Bashing justified?

The question of whether he can take us to a Premiership irrelevant to the issue.

Barrett was used to lure all of the Penrith juniors over. It is pretty obvious the intentions they had with signing Barrett and now the partnership with Blacktown Workers

He was not employed for his coaching ability

Our recruitment plan was: sign Barrett in hope he brings their best talent to Manly.

What a sad state of affairs

Barrett was used to lure all of the Penrith juniors over. It is pretty obvious the intentions they had with signing Barrett and now the partnership with Blacktown Workers

Our recruitment plan was: sign Barrett in hope he brings their best talent to Manly.

what a load of senseless rubbish.

So with some of us so called whingers being called out for complaining about Barrett. I thought I would offer up a simple poll to see what Silvertails posters actually think.

If the poll shows that more than 50% of you believe he is the right man for the job, then I will ease off on the rage. Deal?

50/50 at the moment.

what a load of senseless rubbish.

Bryce Cartwright = John Cartwright

Trent Barrett = Lewis Brown, Api Korasau, Isac John, Dean Whare

Hes got his side , he wanted Dylan Walker at 5/8 he could not get that one to work .

He has got the cattle now.... now hes wide open to critism like all NRL coaches

Phill Gould sacked Barrett as soon as he was talking to Manly, to protect the penrith junior base Cleary, Cartwright etc etc etc

Me and you are people with Vision, hence we are calling for TB to be bitch slapped out of the club ... the ones voting YES are optimists not realists

I love optimism, but i dont let optimism distrort the facts

Pity a few of those were left behind.

It's not the whinging about Barrett that gets up people's noses (that is understandable) it's the fact that it's done over and over and over and over ad nauseum. We got it after the first 8 times.
To the Trent Barrett fan club ......
After he starts winning over and over again instead of losing over and over again passionate Manly supporters will stop winging

Me and you are people with Vision, hence we are calling for TB to be bitch slapped out of the club ... the ones voting YES are optimists not realists

I love optimism, but i dont let optimism distrort the facts

I've got vision too, I can see a day where Twenty " could " be successful, could being the operative word.

Should be 3 options , " maybe " as well.

If the guy has the right troops AND can make his own decisions then maybe.

Under the current set up no!!

But I still voted yes.
As far as I know Barrett makes all the decisions and he even said that in an interview at the beginning of the season .
I don't wish any one involved with our great club to fail and I desperately hope that Barrett can prove me wrong but Barrett's team selections and the way he has our team playing I have no faith in Barrett taking us to another premiership .

I can't vote either yes or no on this one. No, with the team we currently field. So much talent on the sidelines throughout the whole year and others playing injured constantly, Tafua, DCE, Tommy.
Might be a yes with a healthy, full salary cap on the field.
A year ago, who would've thought Flanagan with the gummies or Ricky and the Raiders would be where they are today?

A more accurate poll to address your whinger statement would be do you think the Barrett Bashing justified?

The question of whether he can take us to a Premiership irrelevant to the issue.
I like to keep it a simple yes or no, seems a few are undecided and that is ok too. I think winning premierships is relevant so that is why I asked. Otherwise what is the clubs pinnacle goal?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4