Trent Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I'm hearing this is a done deal as of today guys. Not from anyone official, but from a Parra guy who is apparently in the know. Here's the link to thread for you to peruse and decide:-

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=205344

Here's some info on the guy:-

Raised in Campbelltown, Hodkinson came through the Eels development pathway and represented Australian Under 19’s in 2007. Currently three years into a Fire Sprinkler Fitting apprenticeship.
http://parraeels.com.au/teaminfo/images/headshots/t-hodkinson.jpg

a guy on parra site who knows heaps about eels and inside stuff just heard that he signed with Manly. Not surprised, they have keating and daniel mortimer plus finch so thats 4 halves. Hodkinson is due back in a month after bad knee injury, hope he gets a run in finals so we can watch him

what I heard, aussie junior rep, great signing, heard he played half in PL at age 17!!! with his injury, his momentum has slowed but loads of parra fans all rated him, will be interesting how he comes back after his injury, remember meaney etc were never the same

what I read, talented player who is obviously eyeing orfords spot in 2010 when ox comes off contract

great for us, daly cherry evans and aussie 19's half hodkinson and foran at 5/8

Ryan link said:
I'm hearing this is a done deal as of today guys. Not from anyone official, but from a Parra guy who is apparently in the know. Here's the link to thread for you to peruse and decide:-

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=205344

Here's some info on the guy:-

Raised in Campbelltown, Hodkinson came through the Eels development pathway and represented Australian Under 19’s in 2007. Currently three years into a Fire Sprinkler Fitting apprenticeship.
http://parraeels.com.au/teaminfo/images/headshots/t-hodkinson.jpg

Ryan is this from another forum or a 'source'.

If true this is great before Friday's match.  They hate us already and after a flogging on Friday night this will rub salt into the wound - love it.    :)

Another Eel slips away

Jason Avedissian
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/07/16/11110_sports.html
16 July 2008

FOR the second time in two months Manly have poached an outstanding Parramatta junior who is being tipped to succeed Sea Eagles captain Matt Orford.

The Manly Daily can reveal rookie Eels half Trent Hodkinson has agreed to terms with the Sea Eagles for the next two seasons.

The signing has left Eels officials privately seething after massive winger Tony Williams agreed to join Manly in May.

Hodkinson is currently out injured following knee reconstruction surgery at the start of the year.

He was being groomed by the Eels to play in the NRL next season.

But now it appears the 19-year-old will do that at Manly.

"I reckon he will progress and be Manly's next long-term halfback after Orford," Hodkinson's manager David Riolo told the Daily yesterday.

"He's outstanding and is a great signing."

Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald appeared unconcerned when contacted about the latest Eel to join Manly.

"They know we develop good players," he said.

"That's OK. Players are free to go wherever they like.

"It doesn't matter (that he's going to Manly) ... you can't keep them all."

Hodkinson represented the Junior Kangaroos last year and is considered a genuine NRL player of the future.

The teenager is the latest in a very lengthy queue of Parramatta players and officials that stretches back to the likes of Peter Peters, Geoff Gerard, Noel Cleal and more recently Jamie Lyon to have left the club for Manly.

Hodkinson's signature is the third Eels junior to join Manly over the past 12 months following the valuable acquisitions of David Williams and Tony Williams (not related).

David joined in the summer and has gone on to establish himself on Manly's wing.

Tony made his NRL debut for the Eels this year but will join his Parramatta buddies at Brookvale in 2009.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer yesterday refused to speculate on Hodkinson's arrival.

Tickets are selling fast for Friday night's match against the Eels with Manly fans encouraged to pre-purchase through Ticketek or Manly League Club.

Denis must go too bed crying like a baby some nights. We are dead set the biggest junior stealers in the comp.

God I love my team.

It seems ,Parra,s juniors are quick to grab a Manly lifeline ,before the slimey ship sinks..

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=177859.msg190095#msg190095 date=1216158904]
We are dead set the biggest junior stealers in the comp.

Takes me back to the 1970s & 80s - great days
[/quote]

What a shame Norths aren't still in the comp to pinch players from.

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177859.msg190103#msg190103 date=1216164141]

[/quote]

Mitchell Cox, Cliff Lyons, Bruce Walker went to North Sydney Boys High did they?  ;)

[/quote]

I'll be interested to see how a halfback will be developed at Manly.

If you look at Peter Wallace he was a borderline First Grader at Penrith then linked up with the Broncos and developed into a top line halfback under Wayne Bennett (great skills coach)/Ivan Henjak (former halfback)/Kevin Walters and allan Langer (QLD and Australian halves).

I guess we have Hasler and Toovey. Both weren't overly creative as halves in their hay day.

I'll be keen to see if we can really develop this bloke into a top shelf half.

Nutzcraw link said:
I'll be interested to see how a halfback will be developed at Manly.

If you look at Peter Wallace he was a borderline First Grader at Penrith then linked up with the Broncos and developed into a top line halfback under Wayne Bennett (great skills coach)/Ivan Henjak (former halfback)/Kevin Walters and allan Langer (QLD and Australian halves).

I guess we have Hasler and Toovey. Both weren't overly creative as halves in their hay day.

I'll be keen to see if we can really develop this bloke into a top shelf half.

Understudy to Ox for a year will help and there is allways Joey (half for hire) Johns

I wonder how much Crushers knowledge of the Parra setup has helped in getting these guys.

Yeah hopefully Ox will hang arounnd after footy and help the young bloke out.

Good point on crusher, UP. If he leaves are all our decent players gonna get poached?

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177859.msg190112#msg190112 date=1216172719]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177859.msg190103#msg190103 date=1216164141]

[/quote]

Mitchell Cox, Cliff Lyons, Bruce Walker went to North Sydney Boys High did they?   ;)

[/quote]
[/quote]

None of them made it as far as high school.  

Don McKinnon, Alex Chan and Grant Doorey were all Norths locals.  

Maybe paramatta can raid some of manly's juniors in retaliation - Brett and Scott Fulton?

Just read that a Parra fan saying that this kid is brilliant, and their best halves prospect since Tim Smith came through, and if he wasn't injured could be playing 1st grade now

Sounds promising

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4