Trial dates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The trials will be:

Friday, February 8 v Cronulla Sharks at Brookvale Oval 7pm.

This trial will be played in 20 minute quarters.

Manly will only use regular stars for 20 to 30 minutes in this trial.

All fit and available newcomers will be on show.

Saturday, February 16 v Sydney Roosters, Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford 7.30pm.

This will be played in 40 minute halves under premiership conditions.

The game will be a final selection trial for the Broncos match.

Toovey will have two weeks to work with his chosen 17 for the kick-off to the season.

"I'm happy with how it has worked out - we have had a very settled, well planned summer program and will be ready for a good first up showing against a side we have performed well against in recent seasons," Toovey said.

Manly's trials are against teams expected to challenge for the 2013 NRL premiership.

The Sharks have recruited well in the off-season while the Roosters have a new coach and a new- look side, which ultimately will be boosted by the injection of superstar Sonny Bill Williams back from rugby union.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zorbas-view-teams-face-testing-times/

eagles2win said:
Always wondered why the club doesn't do the special trial like Souths and Canterbury are doing ie.

Souths vs PNG Kumuls
Canterbury vs Newtown

Manly v Norths?

For the red blooded Males on this Forum - the Sea Birds 'trials' are on :cool:

Details: To find out more and register go to manlyseabirds.com
When: 9.30am, February 3
Where: Manly Leagues (563 Pittwater Rd, Brookvale)

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/wanted-girls-who-know-how-to-kick-high/

HappilyManly said:
For the red blooded Males on this Forum - the Sea Birds 'trials' are on :cool:

Details: To find out more and register go to manlyseabirds.com
When: 9.30am, February 3
Where: Manly Leagues (563 Pittwater Rd, Brookvale)

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/wanted-girls-who-know-how-to-kick-high/

That's like soooo totally 2012! :p

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Join-the-Seabirds-squad-2013-auditions

I know this has been covered a bit before, but I'm not sure why we are playing our trials at Brookie and Gosford. We should have taken these games to the bush and given something to the Manly fans out that way, heck it might have even helped sell a few more memberships. I doubt anyone has bought a membership because they got a ticket to a trial game at Brookie or Gosford? If they took the game to the Riverina where there are some quality fields, spend a few days in the towns, as well as creating plenty of goodwill for the club and the game itself, they could have sold additional memberships.

Mals said:
eagles2win said:
Always wondered why the club doesn't do the special trial like Souths and Canterbury are doing ie.

Souths vs PNG Kumuls
Canterbury vs Newtown

Manly v Norths?

That wouldn't be a bad idea.
Reggies and U20s get a run against a fair NSW Cup side.
Club introduces new signings to the fans could have the local area clubs sign on day at the game.

I'm about 10 hours drive from Brookie....so if anyone who gets to a trial would like to do a short write up (especially on some of the new guys) it would be very much appreciated.

cheers

Trial "one" imo:-

01. Jacob Gagan
02. Clinton Gutherson
03. Ben Farrar
04. Esi Tonga
05. Peta Hiku
06. Dane Chisholm
07. Liam Foran
08. Ligi Sao
09. Kane Lawton
10. Magnus Stromqvist
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Jesse Sene-Lefao
13. Nick Skinner

14. Liam Higgins
15. David Gower
16. Justin Lemalu
17. James Hasson

18. Jake Trbojevic
19. Dean Mcglinchy
20. Jamie Buhrer (test Hooker spot)

Mals said:
eagles2win said:

Souths vs PNG Kumuls
Canterbury vs Newtown

Manly v Norths?
I think it's better to play an nrl side and sort out with the other coach which quarters are the 1st graders and which are the fringe guys. Playing the kumuls or jets invites injury, as blokes on those teams will go crazy trying to get noticed.

Shoe1 said:
Mals said:
eagles2win said:

Souths vs PNG Kumuls
Canterbury vs Newtown

Manly v Norths?
I think it's better to play an nrl side and sort out with the other coach which quarters are the 1st graders and which are the fringe guys. Playing the kumuls or jets invites injury, as blokes on those teams will go crazy trying to get noticed.

We play with U20s and Reserve graders - Souths and The Dogs will be doing this for there games (Souths do it every year).

Oh and Penrith are playing a Group 10 rep side.

Given how the Central Coast teams really pushed Manly in the Jason Annear 7's - play a Central Coast Rep side (last few years lost to both Illawarra and Newcastle in the finals of Reps) at Bluetongue.
Another could be wait until after the World Cup and line up one of the Islander teams (play a resident side)

have been asked the same question by a few others mate and passed it to Michael at Narrabeen. Not heard either way as yet. Will post on here when I hear?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2