Trial Match vs Gummies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Don't worry about the score and it's not an indicator of how we'll go this year. Glad they stopped the goal kicking as this was only a trial match and it was time wasting. A lot of the kids were getting an extended stay on the field.

The first quarter was a shocker (without the help of the referee).

Majority of the NRL players only had about 20 minutes of game time.
When they did come on, we blew them apart. Snake and Choc were on fire. Killer in his usual steadfastness is the backbone of our team.

Newbies that deserved a mention =
29. David Gower - runs very hard and impresses.
12. Justin Horo - played well, nothing flash.
5. Jacob Gagan - dropped a yawner that he should have caught. However, he redeemed himself with a big one on one tackle on a second rower.
6. Dane Chisholm - he'll gives us good extra depth in the halves. Quite a solid performance.
15. Ligi Sao - Big Unit hits the line hard. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do much attacking, with the first quarter ref had us set in defence mode only.
16. Richie Fa'aoso - He'll do. Much bigger and balder than I thought.
21. Peta Hiku - Very good positional play. He's a talent find. I think he should play 1st grade this season.
19. James Cunningham - Should run harder at the line.

... did not notice number 28 but he's on the list - Ben Musolino. Do we call him "Il Duce"?
=====

Left out Brenton Lawrence -(8?) - Did awesome. So much energy. He'll be great off the bench and will be good with Chee Kam on all accounts.

=====

--

I was thoroughly impressed by Hiku. Fantastic positional play at FB and some really strong runs. He is firming as a bolter to knock the Wolf off his perch.

I found it curious that Farrar was playing halfback in the first half. Not that shabby though.

The right hand defence for us in the first half when the NYC/NSW Cup players were on was disgraceful. Deadset turnstiles.

Oh noes!

We lost!

sack tooves

bye bye 2013!!!!

(Thanks Ramrod)

Ramrod said:
Don't worry about the score and it's not an indicator of how we'll go this year. Glad they stopped the goal kicking as this was only a trial match and it was time wasting. A lot of the kids were getting an extended stay on the field.

The first quarter was a shocker (without the help of the referee).

Majority of the NRL players only had about 20 minutes of game time.
When they did come on, we blew them apart. Snake and Choc were on fire. Killer in his usual steadfastness is the backbone of our team.

Newbies that deserved a mention =
29. David Gower - runs very hard and impresses.
12. Justin Horo - played well, nothing flash.
5. Jacob Gagan - dropped a yawner that he should have caught. However, he redeemed himself with a big one on one tackle on a second rower.
6. Dane Chisholm - he'll gives us good extra depth in the halves. Quite a solid performance.
15. Ligi Sao - Big Unit hits the line hard. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do much attacking, with the first quarter ref had us set in defence mode only.
16. Richie Fa'aoso - He'll do. Much bigger and balder than I thought.
21. Peta Hiku - Very good positional play. He's a talent find. I think he should play 1st grade this season.
19. James Cunningham - Should run harder at the line.

... did not notice number 28 but he's on the list - Ben Musolino. Do we call him "Il Duce"?

--
good report Ramrod,yes very impressed with Hiku

Added Brenton Lawrence in the original post - apologies for leaving him out.

With all these talent, 2013 will be a special.
Thank Tooves for being at the helm.
He's a legend.

No, I'm under fire here lol, to be honest, Farrar lost us the game lol

I'm waiting for the real stuff.

I Agree with all thoughts by Ramrod. I thought Jesse Senelefao went OK, as did Jason Seage. I'm still no fan of Farrar. In the line in the first half and did very little to organize the younger players. A lot of went on in the first half reinforced the view that under 20's players don't really tackle. I didn't notice Stromquist, a player with a lot of raps. Cunningham looks the goods but needs to run straighter and harder if he's to impress. Horsehead was up to his usual Manly hating best. His refereeing was disgraceful. beer was OK and there was plenty of room on the hill. All good.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Dane Chisolm looked like he'll be a handy back up for the halves.
Just to throw some balance in DSM, i thought Farrar showed pure genious in everything he did. A certain for the Dally M and first picked for NSW.

I thought we were lucky to be not penalized by Horsehead for DCE putting himself in a dangerous position. I also thought that shoulder charges were OK if they didn't hit the head. Did anyone get a close look at the two penalties arising from the so called shoulder charges?

DSM5 said:
I thought we were lucky to be not penalized by Horsehead for DCE putting himself in a dangerous position. I also thought that shoulder charges were OK if they didn't hit the head. Did anyone get a close look at the two penalties arising from the so called shoulder charges?
yeah,they were embarassing to say the least,horsehead panicked,they were ok in my books

Brookie said:
anyone think there was anything wrong with the challenge on DCE whilst kicking?

Absolutely. What happened to the total banning of that tackle. Has been out since the days of Ron Gibbs. Should have been reported.

master blaster, a few were having a fun dig at me for my awaited report just before my post so I've been known to have a shot at Farrar and added that! It was a joke.

I think the match showed that our enthusiasm over the players that have been brought in is perhaps a little excessive. Sure they are good but will they contribute to Manly winning the premiership. Noted several absentees including Chee Kam (injured), Wolfman. Was Trbojevic or Gutherson playing. What about King. Was Glen Stewart there. And of course no Foran.

I have big wraps on Cronulla for this year so I think Manly's efforts were pretty good. I realise that its very early days and Manly lost both trials badly last year, so its probably encouraging. Also no doubt Toovey didnt want injuries.

The top 13-17 should be strong. I just hope the younger players measure up when called upon through injuries.

Bearfax said:
I think the match showed that our enthusiasm over the players that have been brought in is perhaps a little excessive. Sure they are good but will they contribute to Manly winning the premiership. Noted several absentees including Chee Kam (injured), Wolfman. Was Trbojevic or Gutherson playing. What about King. Was Glen Stewart there. And of course no Foran.

I have big wraps on Cronulla for this year so I think Manly's efforts were pretty good. I realise that its very early days and Manly lost both trials badly last year, so its probably encouraging. Also no doubt Toovey didnt want injuries.

The top 13-17 should be strong. I just hope the younger players measure up when called upon through injuries.

I went there late and only caught the last 5 mins of the under 20s.
Didn't see Trbojevic or Gutherson, but I heard they had a win? I didn't look at the scoreboard.

Chee Kam, Wolfman, King, Gifty, Foran were missing.

Didn't see Galuvao or Taufua either.

Add the ones whom have left our club, that's quite a big number from last year's roster.

But hey, the future is extremely bright. Tooves is a genius.

--

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8