Trial on the Sunny Coast in 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sweet, thats just a short 2 hour drive. I will be there

I'd consider heading up then if flights and accommodation aren't too expensive. If it's after schools go back hopefully won't be too pricey.

I might have to start thinking about putting in for a weeks holidays. A week on the beach and a footy match. Weather will be hot. Nice.

I just checked Flightcentre, picked a random w/end in Feb going up Thurs coming back Mon, would be only $140 return from Sydney. There are so many places up there for accommodation, it should be easy to get cheap.

If someone can get the dates (Larissa ??) I will start planning.

As is usual, if this happens we'll do some sort of "package"...you need to be aware that it's a fair way from the accommodation to where the ground is and it's not easy to get around.....so we'll probably do a package, with acommodation (last time we stayed at the same place the players were at), transport to and from the game AND reserved grandstand seats. Now they actually don't have Grandstands they erect temporary ones and sell space in them...otherwise you can see jack **** as there's usually a lot of people and there's no hill as such.

We did this in (from memory) 2007-08, both days were great!!

Very tempted to head up for this, we can even make an adventure of it & trash Cambo's house while we're up there...

We'll probably offer "apartment style" accommodation as well, so if you are prepared to share it can save a heap!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
As is usual, if this happens we'll do some sort of "package"...you need to be aware that it's a fair way from the accommodation to where the ground is and it's not easy to get around.....so we'll probably do a package, with acommodation (last time we stayed at the same place the players were at), transport to and from the game AND reserved grandstand seats. Now they actually don't have Grandstands they erect temporary ones and sell space in them...otherwise you can see jack s**t as there's usually a lot of people and there's no hill as such.

We did this in (from memory) 2007-08, both days were great!!

SC now has a grandstand

Wasn't sure, thought they were building one but havent been up since 2008.

You can bet though that they'll still have the others and sell space in them!!

The stockland park thing had all it's funding pulled a few years back by the state government, though I think some aspects of it were going ahead anyway.

If it is at the same venue, expect to be exposed fully to the elements when attending.

As for accom. Sunny Coast has some awesome deals. You can get 2 nights at the Mantra in Moolloolaba for very cheap.

If you haven't been to Moolloollaba it reminds me of Manly maybe 20 years ago, just cleaner and a bit more up market. Very nice spot

If the Qld silvertails BBQ deal is still in play maybe the date of this game is a good glue point. Im in if it works for others.

Wolfpack said:
Very tempted to head up for this, we can even make an adventure of it & trash Cambo's house while we're up there...

Id probably let you stay ****

good stuff. I'd been whinging about this trial being punted when it was always a raging success. Two thumbs up to those responsible in getting a return to the sunny coast. I'm excited!:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2