Tribute to Glenn 'Gifty' Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It doesn't include one of his greatest moments. The grubber from nearly off our own line for Michael Robertson in the 2011 GF that set up the second try. Sterling said it could have been the most audacious bit of play he had ever seen in a GF.

That kick wasn't on the 2011 highlights DVD either :huh:
Or Killer's incredible one armed trysaver of Gillet's try in the semis.

One wonders if anyone in marketing understands rugby league at all.

Absolute star. Still can't believe he's going.
That's the same tribute they played at the awards night. I did record Glenn's speech on stage but have no idea how to upload it here. If anyone knows how and wants to do it, send me a PM with your email address and I can email it to you.

Arko-admirer said:
It doesn't include one of his greatest moments. The grubber from nearly off our own line for Michael Robertson in the 2011 GF that set up the second try. Sterling said it could have been the most audacious bit of play he had ever seen in a GF.

Or his smack on Adam Blair's chin.

Beautiful!

I find it hard watching footage from those early years (when he had hair), because I get sick with nostalgia. I love both the Stewart brothers, and I am so thankful for the entertainment they have provided me over the years. Very sad to see the great Gifty depart :(

If I could have pressed the like button 50 times on that @Jethro I would have. It's just such a shame that he has to go.
Part of our history and forever Manly.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
I miss him already. And I still blame the NRL for his departure. Those clowns have their priorities completely wrong.

100%. Maybe more than that.

Manly would have re-signed Gift were they not made to make an "either or" decision. We wanted him to stay. The club wanted him to stay (I believe). But the NRL want to "spread the talent".

So now, a Manly legend, has to once again suffer the indignation of finishing his career in another club's jersey. And as if that's not bad enough, a Grubbitohs one.

It'll be a spray-a-thon in the burrow next year. Can you imagine the Vermin fans trying to yell GIFT, with no teef.

Shame NRL shame.

All the Media vision today had Gifty in training gear, smiling and mingling with the Players.

If we grab a Rabbit Foot tomorrow, he may get another game or two in maroon&white :)

Very hard to watch that. NRL hang your heads in shame you absolute bunch of morons! How they think it is a good thing to see a player of gifty's status at our club not able to see out his career here because of the lack of long service concessions is tragic. I hate the NRL admin with a passion. They are short sighted, biased and completely inept!

conanu said:
Very hard to watch that. NRL hang your heads in shame you absolute bunch of morons! How they think it is a good thing to see a player of gifty's status at our club not able to see out his career here because of the lack of long service concessions is tragic. I hate the NRL admin with a passion. They are short sighted, biased and completely inept!

The NRL dont care , only when it suits them..
We are truly bothered that he is going , but to them its just another player playing for another club...

Loyalty & passion is not one of their strong points !!! and its a shame because i believe its those 2 characteristics that drives this game and has for so long...

Fricken crooks thats what they are.

All the best GIFTY in life and i hope i see you lifting the trophy in a few weeks time..

They showed there my favorite Gift highlight. And it was his try v the Sharks in 2008. Great footwork 10m out and he just left defenders grasping at air.

That was the game (as the Sharks were big contenders that year) that made me realize we could win the comp that year, and it was also the game I finally said 'Geez Glenn Stewart is more than Brett Stewarts brother, he truly is a top player in his own right'.

the mauler said:
Got goose bumps watching that. Very sad indeed that he's been squeezed out.
That decision has derailed our whole season.

"It ain't Over 'til it's Over !" mate.

That decision hasn't helped (to say the least).

All our recent injuries are just as big a problem I feel.

And, even IF we lose tonight we earned the right at a 2nd-chance.

Thank you Glenn Stewart for all you gave to Manly (and us fans).

All the very best in future, if indeed U do play again with the Bunnies (just not against Manly, as always gets said).

RiverEagle said:
the mauler said:
Got goose bumps watching that. Very sad indeed that he's been squeezed out.
That decision has derailed our whole season.

"It ain't Over 'til it's Over !" mate.

That decision hasn't helped (to say the least).

All our recent injuries are just as big a problem I feel.

And, even IF we lose tonight we earned the right at a 2nd-chance.

Thank you Glenn Stewart for all you gave to Manly (and us fans).

All the very best in future, if indeed U do play again with the Bunnies (just not against Manly, as always gets said).

Didn't say it was over, far from it. The decision has just made it a lot harder than it should've been.

Manly legend.Hope he does well at the vermin so the Manly haters finally realize what a top class forward he is and always has been.

We miss you already GIFTY and you havent even left yet...

thanks for everything, you are a bloody champion mate! And congrats on how you've handled this whole sad saga, speaks volumes about your character. WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAV PLAYERS

Agree, its a disgrace that the 2011 GF grubber kick isnt included in that compilation. One of the plays of the century in my opinion...

FU you very much NRL admin - you've dropped the ball BIG time on this one....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7