Trouble @ Manly according to confidential (listen to 2ky for the real story)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson

November 09, 2008

DESPITE winning a premiership and obtaining a new major sponsor, there are internal rumblings at Manly. We hear co-owner Max Delmege is turning up the heat and gunning for CEO Grant Mayer. Mayer is highly respected by the people who count at Manly and has the full backing of chairman and co-owner Scott Penn. The new sponsorship deal Mayer recently negotiated is worth $900,000, considerably more than Delmege's previous deal.

do these ****ing gutter journos really source their stories
Max Delmege and Scott Penn on 2ky later on this morning

link
http://2ky.com.au/media/2ky.asx

Max was just on and says that all these rumours are false and it seems there are forces at work trying to distablise the club and he thinks he knows who'

I posted on the tele confidential blog the following message
Do you knobs do any %^$%^ research before you write this garbage
Listen to 2ky and Max Delmege says that it is not true
Rebecca Wilson you are a hack journo, womans day may be a better gig for you as you bring nothing to Rugby league
and Rothfield I thought you would know better than having this garbage in the paper
talk about bringing the game into disrepute

dont think they will post it though
if you wan't to post here is the link
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24622547-5016360,00.html

If they can't beat us they will try and beat up on us. One nice article from Wilson and then it is back to the usual unsubstantiated gutter rubbish. Does anyone actually buy the Tele?
I intend to enjoy every day until October next year as no matter what they write the Premiership is ours until then and hopefully even longer.

You could tell Wierdler was away, there were no stories on Mundine, Sonny Bill or Willie Mason.

MANLY chief executive Grant Mayer has helped the Sea Eagles to this year's NRL premiership and now secured a major sponsorship deal worth nearly $1 million a season.

"So he won't be getting punted," stressed Manly chairman and co-owner Scott Penn.

Penn's comments come amid speculation over Mayer's future at Brookvale.

The Sunday Telegraph reported that Manly co-owner Max Delmege was gunning for Mayer, despite the club still celebrating its 40-0 grand final win over Melbourne.

Delmege has publicly denied he wants Mayer sacked and any plan to oust the CEO would fail, according to Penn.

Asked does Mayer have his support, Penn said: "Totally. He has done a great job.

"If other people have ideas, I'd like to hear from them.

"But from the Penn family's perspective, Grant is here to stay.

"We have a wonderful CEO and a wonderful coach in Des Hasler.

"They would have to do themselves out of a job. They won't be getting punted."

Manly's financial position is sound with Mayer also working through the club's massive plans for the future.

"Grant came here a few years ago with a firm plan to get our off-field affairs in order and we are doing that," Penn said.

"We have a three year plan which includes the redevelopment of Brookvale Oval and the Manly Leagues Club.

"Grant has a huge role to play in those plans.

"I have spoken to Max at length and he has no idea where the rumours are coming from."

On 2KY's sports show yesterday, hosted by senior Manly official Peter Peters, Delmege rejected the rumours and threw his support behind Mayer.

"I'd like him in the job for another five or ten years," Delmege said.

"He has done a great job.

"Grant has secured a major sponsor which has allowed me to hop out after seven years.

"Why would we want to change anything?"

Mayer was yesterday relieved the drama surrounding his future had been settled.

"I have enjoyed my time at Manly. I have no plans to go anywhere," Mayer said.

"It's nice to know I have the support of the owners."

Mayer will this Thursday reveal the club's new major sponsor.

Manly did not obtain the $1 million a season it sought but the deal is worth $900,000 a year - huge money in the current economic crisis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/mes...bid=116959&s=0

Probably a story made up and leaked to the press by some bitter and twisted Norths supporter.

Chip & Chase link said:
You could tell Wierdler was away, there were no stories on Mundine, Sonny Bill or Willie Mason.

As soon as he is back this week we get "stories" on Mundine and SBW, don't know what happened to Mason maybe his mobile phone battery was flat when the Worm tried to call him to see if he needed anything talked up in his column. Wierdler has absolutely no shame, he is a puppet for Khodder Nasser and his cash for comment style makes Lawsy and The Gay Parrot look positively objective.

Actually he did say Wolfman was very close to re signing today, hope he is right on that one

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6