'Tunnel Ball' Targeted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
It seems that the NRL is going to crack down on players who don't play the ball properly. About bloody time IMO. For far too long players have been getting away with illegal, so-called play the balls where they just push it between their legs without it touching the foot.

Still, knowing the NRL by Round 4 it'll be forgotten about.....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pl...k/news-story/ed5c75938644f0a9e31bf57ba7c5c164

For the umpteenth tine they do this ****. If the refs just didnt get slack all the freakin time,they wouldnt have to have think tanks to re invent the wheel every few years.

We all know what will happen. A crackdown for a week or two, with massive penalties for a couple of games, then the refs slacken off and it creeps back in. These crackdowns never work for one simple reason, the coaches (and players) know it won't last.

We all know what will happen. A crackdown for a week or two, with massive penalties for a couple of games, then the refs slacken off and it creeps back in. These crackdowns never work for one simple reason, the coaches (and players) know it won't last.
and those massive penalties will probably be against Manly again as per usual.
icon_rolleyes.gif

short term crackdown, yes, but I am sure it centre over a few teams.we have seen it before, certain teams will get advantages

It's more like a knock-on than an obstruction play. A penalty doesn't fit the severity of this "crime", especially when it can be a 50/50 call by the ref - sometimes called, sometimes not.

Should be a turnover, not a penalty.

The problem I see is that the refs are going to be blowing penalties in almost every set of six if they really do crack down on it.

You can bet that players will get away with it if it 'looks' like they are playing it with their feet. But hopefully it will stop players simply stepping over the ball (which should also attract a penalty for walking off the mark) or just rolling it between their legs with their hands.

and those massive penalties will probably be against Manly again as per usual.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Won't be just Manly: certain teams and Teflon type players will be ignored no matter how bad they look, others will get hammered..

The whole Roosters team has to be the most consistent offenders in this area of the game. Consistently gets them quick play the balls

It will be interesting to see what happens.

When we played Cronulla in the final round of 2015.....I personally counted well over 100 play the balls that were illegal at best (looking at YOU Mr A. Fifita). And we were just as guilty as they were if truth be told.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8