Turbo at 6?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
With Lyon coming out and saying he don't wanna be pivot same with Barret. And people suggesting Parcell isn't a 5/8 or Koroisau, how about turbo at pivot? Obviously he is a must in the team seeing as our Backline is going to need some more speed, plus turbo can't be stuck in under 20s!

With Lyon coming out and saying he don't wanna be pivot same with Barret. And people suggesting Parcell isn't a 5/8 or Koroisau, how about turbo at pivot? Obviously he is a must in the team seeing as our Backline is going to need some more speed, plus turbo can't be stuck in under 20s!
Personally I don't think he is anything like a 6. That may well develop over time; however, I certainly don't see it now. I thought Gutherson was more suited to 6 than Turbo.

If Barrett doesn't want Lyon at 6, then I have to think it's Korisou or Parcell, with Mateo an outside chance (but unlikely).

I think if Mateo lost some puddin and was ultra fit he'd be an awesome no 6
I agree; however, it seems that we didn't want him at first and have recruited with others in mind to fill the position. Just from what I have read and the way we have gone about our recruitment, I doubt he is in Barrett's plans for the 6.

Meteo at 6 even if he lost the puddin it's only a band aid as he is 30 . Tom is to rangy at the moment and hasn't filled out and he is better suited wing or fullback . Could even make a good centre one day . I personally think they will slot parcell in at 6 and Api at 9 and bring meteo off the bench . Meteo could be very damaging ala cliffy Lyons at the back end of his career. Taupau will lock the scrum . Tommy will get his chance through suspensions and no dought injuries. But let's bring on 16 quick, it can't come quick enough.

I initially scoffed at Rumours Tom T to the 6. But after watching him in the 20's finals games. He was really playing in the halves in attack and doing well in that 20's team. I probably question defence. But he won't be the first half who moves out to the wing in defence. Even God went out wide at times. And it would allow Tom to bring the ball back from kick returns.

Personally think John will start there.

Still haven't ruled out Hiku playing 6. Esp if he gets a game there for NZ on the England tour and does well. They are playing against club teams and short on halves. It's a big chance.

It will surprise some but Hiku played 1 and 6 when he got player of the year at the Warriors.

He is a big boy. Will handle defence. He is a ball in hand running player, and if we are interested in bird. Hiku at 6 would play a very similar style of game in that spot.

Last edited:
I initially scoffed at Rumours Tom T to the 6. But after watching him in the 20's finals games. He was really playing in the halves in attack and doing well in that 20's team. I probably question defence. But he won't be the first half who moves out to the wing in defence. Even God went out wide at times. And it would allow Tom to bring the ball back from kick returns.

Still haven't ruled out Hiku playing 6. Esp if he gets a game there for NZ on the Endland tour and does well. They are playing against club teams and short on halves. It's a big chance.

It will surprise some but Hiku played 1 and 6 when he got player of the year at the Warriors.

He is a big boy. Will handle defence. He is a ball in hand running player, and if we are interested in bird. Hiku at 6 would play a very similar style of game in that spot.
Good response I think Hiku would be good at 6. And that opens up 2 or 5 for turbo.

Can't see Koroisau at 6, he left panthers to get a starting hooker position, Parcell or Trbojevic for me or Hiku would be nice.

Hiku may get time in that position during the tour of England. If so that will give an indication what may be possible.

Still haven't ruled out Hiku playing 6. Esp if he gets a game there for NZ on the England tour and does well. They are playing against club teams and short on halves. It's a big chance.

The problem I have with Hiku is that he has no vision in attack. On numerous occasions I have seen him take it himself when the winger was in the clear. A good ball runner in the 6 is one thing, but they still need vision and be able to get the ball to the right player at the right time - I can't see Hiku doing that. I concede, though, I never saw him play in the 6 for the Warriors U20, so I could be wrong.

Tommy T used to be a halfback in the juniors till he got so big
Really? I'm guessing this was club footy for Mona where you want your best player with hands on the ball as often as possible. In Matts and ball he was fullback. Don't see him as a Matt Moylan or Jarryd Hayne Style fullback that could easily slot in at 6. Let him continue to develop between wing in first grade and NYC til he is ready to share the duties with snake like RTS and Mini did.

Perhaps long term tommy t could be a 6, but can't see it anytime in the next 2 or 3 years. Would love to see him on the wing and then slotting in occassionally at fullback.

A rookie coach is never going to gamble his career on a rookie fullback switch to 5/8. In fact he won't gamble on it at all. If Lyon is out then it will be between Korisau and Mateo.

I don't understand why people think Koroisau came to us, when he could have stayed at panthers if he wanted to play 5/8! He was stuck behind segy at penrith so he came to manly for a hooker role not a 5/8 role. He would've been panthers 5/8 in 2016 if he wanted to be a 5/8.

Meteo at 6 even if he lost the puddin it's only a band aid as he is 30 . Tom is to rangy at the moment and hasn't filled out and he is better suited wing or fullback . Could even make a good centre one day . I personally think they will slot parcell in at 6 and Api at 9 and bring meteo off the bench . Meteo could be very damaging ala cliffy Lyons at the back end of his career. Taupau will lock the scrum . Tommy will get his chance through suspensions and no dought injuries. But let's bring on 16 quick, it can't come quick enough.
Lock what scrum they don't exist.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4