[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
In this week's Northern Beaches Review, Adam Lucius writes in Inside Back:

"Turbo Trauma Tip
A kawakawarau leaf, a Fijian "witch doctor" and the power of prayer - that's being put out there to help speed up Tom Trbojevic recovery from a serious shoulder injury. Fiji-based Manly fan Moshin Javed Navi is desperately attempting to get hold of someone at the Sea Eagles to let them know of a natural healing process that apparently helped All Blacks star Waisake Naholo make a "miracle" recovery from a broken leg prior to the 2015 World Cup. The process involved Naholo's uncle Isei Naiova wrapping the kawakawarau leaf around the player's leg on and off four days. "A lot of people don't know about this healing process and to them it is a miracle cure," Naiova said. "To me and my family it's simply making use of the gift from God and the traditional leaf."
Despite the kind offer, the Sea Eagles are likely to stick to traditional medical practices as Turbo makes yet another injury comeback. "We do not (go in for alternate medicines). Unless a method comes through the doctor or surgeon then it is not considered," Manly's experienced Head of Performance, Don Singe, told Inside Back. "An athlete may ask us to investigate an area of interest but generally it's a no. He (Trbojevic) will see the surgeons but from historical and evidence-based findings with this type of injury, it is long term."
Turbo won't play again this year and Manly's hopes of a genuine shot at the title look gone as a result. The Sea Eagles were certainly hard done by in the loss to Parramatta last Friday night, but the fact remains they struggle to beat sides above them - with or without Tom.

This will upset a lot of NSW rugby league fans as it may deprive NSW a much needed Origin series which is vital for the promotion of rugby league across the country, and a chance to boost the television ratings for Channel 9, so let's hope he comes back bigger and better for next years Origin series, oh yeah I forgot to mention, he also occasionally plays for the Manly Sea Eagles

….oh yeah I forgot to mention, he also occasionally plays for the Manly Sea Eagles

9022FC93-55B2-468D-A94A-A8A618A3BF7B.jpeg

What was the end result re: Turbo‘s Injury ? Did he just dislocate the shoulder ?

It was suggested that it was a season ending injury. Was this just put out there to take the heat off ?

Any chance of a return this year ?

What was the end result re: Turbo‘s Injury ? Did he just dislocate the shoulder ?

It was suggested that it was a season ending injury. Was this just put out there to take the heat off ?

Any chance of a return this year ?
Details are sketchy but late September isn't out of the realms of possibility if we are still alive.

End of the day, I just take it as a bonus when he's in the team, but pretty well consider Garrick our fullback these days. I'm not trying to be pedantic, but for his own long term health, Turbo should probably consider early retirement.

25 years old, and he's done:
1. High ankle injury 2015
2. Second high ankle sprain 2016
3. Medial ligament tear - knee 2017
4. Syndesmosis of the ankle 2017
5. Ankle injury (round 4) 2018
6. Hamstring injury 2019
7. Second hamstring injury 2019
8. Torn pectoral 2019
9. Third hamstring injury grade 2 strain 2020
10. Left Shoulder injury 2020
11. Off season 4th hamstring injury 2021
12. First Head injury 2021
13. Shoulder injury round 11, 2022

Bear in mind, this is the player Des, the club, and us all rely upon for our team to actually win games (particularly with the salary cap he's using up).

End of the day, I just take it as a bonus when he's in the team, but pretty well consider Garrick our fullback these days. I'm not trying to be pedantic, but for his own long term health, Turbo should probably consider early retirement.

6. Hamstring injury 2019
8. Torn pectoral 2019

Bear in mind, this is the player Des, the club, and us all rely upon for our team to actually win games (particularly with the salary cap he's using up).
It's probably going to cost us the same in salary cap space....but we can rebuild him.

zi70i.gif

6. Hamstring injury 2019
8. Torn pectoral 2019

Between him and captain goose we simply cannot compete when $2mil+ yields little return.

Perspective time .....

Any player that has made the grade and graced the NRL fields is herculean and not porcelain

A players toughness is not defined by the amount of injuries they have

A players toughness is defined by the amount of come backs they make from injuries

Tom Turbo ....
See the source image
Feathered friend, noble are your words, however, despite his bravery in coming back from injury I would rather an award winning Turbo next year than a weakened Turbo this year.

In the end we have a squad capable of making the eight and at that point anything can happen.

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7