[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Feathered friend, noble are your words, however, despite his bravery in coming back from injury I would rather an award winning Turbo next year than a weakened Turbo this year.

In the end we have a squad capable of making the eight and at that point anything can happen.

NYEagle

How do you assess it that way mate , given we can't beat a top 8 team (and Turbo was in quite a lot)? Beating a top 4 team is a pipe dream.

End of the day, I just take it as a bonus when he's in the team, but pretty well consider Garrick our fullback these days. I'm not trying to be pedantic, but for his own long term health, Turbo should probably consider early retirement.

25 years old, and he's done:
1. High ankle injury 2015
2. Second high ankle sprain 2016
3. Medial ligament tear - knee 2017
4. Syndesmosis of the ankle 2017
5. Ankle injury (round 4) 2018
6. Hamstring injury 2019
7. Second hamstring injury 2019
8. Torn pectoral 2019
9. Third hamstring injury grade 2 strain 2020
10. Left Shoulder injury 2020
11. Off season 4th hamstring injury 2021
12. First Head injury 2021
13. Shoulder injury round 11, 2022

Bear in mind, this is the player Des, the club, and us all rely upon for our team to actually win games (particularly with the salary cap he's using up).
Hell barely be able to move when he hits 50. Probably should be starting some sort of yoga practice now. Poor bugger.

We need to focus on avoiding the wooden spoon this year (and the coming few). I just wish we had a soul.
Why do you so often mention the wooden spoon. We are no where near the spoon even with Tommy gone for the season. Did you watch the game against Parramatta? Did you watch the game against the Cows? Yes we lost both but we competed and had the better. Lack of composure cost us both times.

These are not traits of a side heading for the spoon.

Last edited:
We need to focus on avoiding the wooden spoon this year (and the coming few). I just wish we had a soul.
Oh Ryan, you do make me smile.

We are on 14 points (two points off 7th).

The Titans who are currently last are on 6 points. They have won 3 of 15 games and have 9 games left.

So for them to even finish even points with us they would have to win 4 of their last 9 and count on us losing 9 from 9, both very very unlikely.

You take losses hard, I get it, but we are in no risk of winning the spoon this year.

Last edited:
You take losses hard, I get it, but we are in no risk of winning the spoon this year.
I do not know any passionate Manly supporter that does not take Manly loses hard

Manly is a very proud club and so are our passionate supporters

Our legendary club was made Great by the high standards set by Great Manly people

These days days we have not been capable of beating a top 8 team
Which is a fcking dishonour and disappointment to our Great club
We are turning into the North Sydney bears mark 2
and It is a fcking freadful shame !!!

All Glory comes from daring to begin
And it is about fcking time we begin competing like a real Manly team

The Real Manly ....
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

We relied too heavily on Turbo and the coach and players have to carry blame for that. Last year they played like a schoolboy team giving the ball to the best player all of the time. It worked against many sides except the top three sides.

So instead of improving over the off season we came back this year. and tried the same approach. Why? Unsurprisingly sides figured out how to shut Turbo down and he became another prop carting it up far too often trying to make things happen.

I am concerned by the decision making of Penn and Des. I wanted Barret gone so bad and was pleased to see him go. Whilst part of me was pleased Des the betrayer came back I now can't help thinking about Woodsie warnings in various posts that we should be careful what we wish for. 2.5 seasons have passed since Des came back and I'm am concerned at where we are at present.

Resigning DCE was not IMO a smart decision. We are stagnating and that decision did nothing at all to address that problem. They lack vision and confidence in the younger playing group and future recruitment and are trying to rely on the old guard for far too long. We need to be planning and developing players for the future but at present I can't see it. In addition it looks as though our salary cap is being managed very poorly as we aren't in the market to sign anybody not even a ball boy.. Concerning times indeed.

Some times the body can get stronger in certain injury prone areas after a healing process unless in the chronic injury category . Still , really had not taken note of the extent of Turbo 's accumulated injury list to date , obviously not good . Didn 't seem to have any real issues after his comeback last season and with a fairly rigorous playing schedule then . Really would like to err on the optimistic side and Turbo can have a much better run for years to come but would certainly need a change of luck to say the least .

Tommy's injury list is not pleasant reading. But based on his form last year I don't see how this should injury should slow him down next year.

However I do see the argument that he should perhaps play in the centres going forward in that roving role.

1. Koula
2. Saab
3. Tommy Turbo
4. Tuipilotu
5. Garrick

Worth a try - obviously other permutation is Garrick at fullback and Koula in the centres, with tuipilou to the wing.

Go tommy go go go

Tommy's injury list is not pleasant reading. But based on his form last year I don't see how this should injury should slow him down next year.

However I do see the argument that he should perhaps play in the centres going forward in that roving role.

1. Koula
2. Saab
3. Tommy Turbo
4. Tuipilotu
5. Garrick

Worth a try - obviously other permutation is Garrick at fullback and Koula in the centres, with tuipilou to the wing.

Go tommy go go go
He'll be the highest paid centre in the history of the game, he will have to take a 400k haircut

Why can’t he play centre, but have the same roving role he has for NSW? Was still devastating and won Man of the series.
Because there’s a salary cap in the NRL,unlike Origin.So if you’re paying a million dollars for a player in a position that is not very influential,it leaves less for a position that is,fullback.The NRL is played a completely different way to how Origin is,due to many factors,so a centre can be more potent there than club games.Tom’s injuries aren’t occurring because he’s playing fullback,it’s because he’s injury prone or just bad luck in certain circumstances.I could use the argument that he was playing fullback when he won DallyM player of the year last season but everyone should know that

I really don’t think he is any better off injury wise playing in the centres. He is a awesome fullback. Our problem is th way we use him. If the pack had of stood up he wouldn’t have had to take so many first passes off the dummy half.

I really don’t think he is any better off injury wise playing in the centres. He is a awesome fullback. Our problem is th way we use him. If the pack had of stood up he wouldn’t have had to take so many first passes off the dummy half.
Yep agree, in the early rounds the pack was getting owned and Turbo bore the brunt of that. Would be killing it now as the pigs have improved significantly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6