Turning a club around

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Its very very rare that the signing of one or two stars transforms a team. Maybe a team on the way up but not a team on the slide. We are a team on the slide.one of the first things you need to do is instill grit. You may not win every game but you want to make them know they had a game. You dont want to win games because teams take you lightly. You need to earn respect and back it up.

Our depth signings as they are referred to are going to help that straight away. If you replace good player with below average due to injury the team suffers. The quality of our back up , as we endeavour to halt the slide, and then begin the climb has to be pretty decent. Juniors at this point that take time to develop but have plenty of errors in them are a nice story but not that effective.

For middle of the road teams that never seem to get the bounce of the ball , crucial errors at crucial times almost always haunt them on the table. Non world beaters that are reliable that have moments, build a team culture and keep you in the game much longer against top opposition.

Once the team has earnt respect established themselves as a team that fights, has disciplne, does the simple things right, a few gun juniors and a superstar or 2 will take the team to a new level.

Honestly out 2 superstars moving forward are cherry and turbo. These players can be the difference and to be honest both look a couple of seasons away from being those players. The team needs to peak as they peak. Turbo needs to get his defence right and cherry needs to calm down. This will come as the team mature

We will do better next year especially as we are rumoured to sign 81 new players but we have to get our heads around building a team, that will fight for eachother, that will not lie down ever, be mentally strong, respects no one and can land a killer punch at crucial times. You need to break teams mentally as we are being broken now.

We are on the way to fulfil the first few but we are not mature enough , do not have enough belief or skill to be the full package. Get ready for a season of grafting out a win and grafting out a loss.

Even though we are out to improve our wing position i still dont believe this is about attack. This will turn out to be a defensive ploy as they will play inside cherry and walker who are both hogs.

You gotta get the grunt right first. That is our first step. Next step discipline

The big issue I've seen creeping into the club in the last 2 to 3 years has been our inability to cope when we get a bad decision. We seem to dwell on it and lose the next 5mins, which can be a try (or two). The mentally tough teams, don't do that. They don't look for an excuse, I really believe in the period where we were no.1 (let's say 2007 to 2011 but even on to 2013) we would use it as a spur. A decision went against us I don't know if there was a call from someone, but you would just hold onto the chair and say 'here we go'. Watmough, King, Kite, Gifty, Foran, Skivvi, they would start bashing the opposition with their defence. It was almost like they were saying 'bring this **** on' and it was great to watch. Inevitably this led to the tide turning back to us, as teams would be making 20m.

Gritt was hard to obtain this season, it's hard having forwards working their ass's off only to have poor injury replacements constantly falling to any sort of pressure. Unfortunately we will have to wait to see if our side next year is mentally tough. However, they definately should be seeing the players we've got

Having strength throughout our grades must be a priority. We were pathetic in the Under 20s, and poor in the NSW Cup, this season. When we had a spate of injuries to the top 17 we were not able to compensate with quality back-ups. Linking with Blacktown should help this. However, I'd like the genius who replaced our successful 2015 Under 20's coach, and kept Willow as our NSW Cup coach, to reveal himself. He needs to be mocked unmercifully.

Having strength throughout our grades must be a priority. We were pathetic in the Under 20s, and poor in the NSW Cup, this season. When we had a spate of injuries to the top 17 we were not able to compensate with quality back-ups. Linking with Blacktown should help this. However, I'd like the genius who replaced our successful 2015 Under 20's coach, and kept Willow as our NSW Cup coach, to reveal himself. He needs to be mocked unmercifully.
Willo will save us

When Barrett gets the flick Scott Fulton and Willo as joint first grade coaches and John Hopoate as director of social activities

you heard it here first

Its very very rare that the signing of one or two stars transforms a team. Maybe a team on the way up but not a team on the slide. We are a team on the slide.one of the first things you need to do is instill grit. You may not win every game but you want to make them know they had a game. You dont want to win games because teams take you lightly. You need to earn respect and back it up.

Our depth signings as they are referred to are going to help that straight away. If you replace good player with below average due to injury the team suffers. The quality of our back up , as we endeavour to halt the slide, and then begin the climb has to be pretty decent. Juniors at this point that take time to develop but have plenty of errors in them are a nice story but not that effective.

For middle of the road teams that never seem to get the bounce of the ball , crucial errors at crucial times almost always haunt them on the table. Non world beaters that are reliable that have moments, build a team culture and keep you in the game much longer against top opposition.

Once the team has earnt respect established themselves as a team that fights, has disciplne, does the simple things right, a few gun juniors and a superstar or 2 will take the team to a new level.

Honestly out 2 superstars moving forward are cherry and turbo. These players can be the difference and to be honest both look a couple of seasons away from being those players. The team needs to peak as they peak. Turbo needs to get his defence right and cherry needs to calm down. This will come as the team mature

We will do better next year especially as we are rumoured to sign 81 new players but we have to get our heads around building a team, that will fight for eachother, that will not lie down ever, be mentally strong, respects no one and can land a killer punch at crucial times. You need to break teams mentally as we are being broken now.

We are on the way to fulfil the first few but we are not mature enough , do not have enough belief or skill to be the full package. Get ready for a season of grafting out a win and grafting out a loss.

Even though we are out to improve our wing position i still dont believe this is about attack. This will turn out to be a defensive ploy as they will play inside cherry and walker who are both hogs.

You gotta get the grunt right first. That is our first step. Next step discipline

Good summation, just a pity you copied it from my 5 year plan handbook..........lol!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6