TV commentary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
I am on the tour over at Leeds, how was the TV commentary, was it the same biased ****e, or did they call the forward passes, knock on, and not keeping back the ten?

Reasonably fair. They did admit the fullback knocked on, and that one of the tries was from a pass "only one yard forward". I think they thought, like us, Manly would get Leeds when we closed to within four points, but our poor last tackle options, and some dubious refereeing decisions, conspired against us.
But Leeds' defence was better than I expected, and that winger is very good. I'm not concerned.

Peter C said:
I am on the tour over at Leeds, how was the TV commentary, was it the same biased ****e, or did they call the forward passes, knock on, and not keeping back the ten?

No ha ha same **** as usual from those two nevilles.

Stephenson is like Zorba-time to put em to sleep.

i got sick of the camera options- either in close or so far away you couldn't see who had the ball. by the end of the game it wasn't as noticeable but shows the difference between our coverage & theirs

Those two are the most bias commentators I think I have heard in any sport, makes moose mossop(god bless him) almost seem like he didnt favour manly :)

edited by Dan due to complaint

I kinda like the pommy commentators. They didn't call the first try pass forward, but they thought the 2nd last try pass was. They are surprisingly scandalized by the smallest misdemeanor though, like Stewart's "push". That was a total ripoff. Stephenson was a tough hooker for penrith In the 70s so I have to laugh when he comments on the push, or head highs that weren't and spear tackles that weren't. They missed the knock on in the lead up to the winger's 2nd try. They had done their homework on manly though, knew a bit about most players, and saw the similarities between Brett's try and his grand final try. Weirdly, they were respectful of many of klein's decisions, as if to say "even if he's wrong, he's the official". They thought Webb definitely knocked on.

I don't think they ever zoomed in on the official tour run by Mark? which was disappointing, they kept zooming in on Zorba more times than I have fingers.

castle eagle said:
i got sick of the camera options- either in close or so far away you couldn't see who had the ball. by the end of the game it wasn't as noticeable but shows the difference between our coverage & theirs

Their camera guys and production team are used to the round ball game. I found it horrible to watch because of this too and the same when you watch any sl game. Just goes to show how good the camera guys are in australia

Joey do you think they had any idea? I am sure, as much as we love mark, that there was not a huge contest between him and zorba for camera time

lsz said:
Joey do you think they had any idea? I am sure, as much as we love mark, that there was not a huge contest between him and zorba for camera time

I would of thought they would of at least been noticed (usually there is always a zoom in or two on the rowdy away supporters group in all sporting arenas) as from what I've read how can the cameramen miss them! they were loud and surely noticeable from the cameramen in cheering on the players.

Funny thing is I thought I detected the boos when Zorba's face came onto the screens at the club.

Those pommy commentators are awful.
They don't seem to be watching the game most of the time. They speculate on what may have happened in a certain situation when there is no need to speculate, we all just saw what happened.
The push in the back bit was the worst I've ever heard from a commentator, and i watched the four nations so that's saying something. You could pretty much hear that he jumped up and pointed his finger at the play, yelling "push in the back, push in the back" like he was out there on the field.
All that crap about Dave Williams being nervous was completely baseless.

They have no feel for the game at all.

They were undeniably biased but that was'nt unexpected. I ended up turning the sound off after the first ten minutes, problem solved. Now if I could have just deleted the Ref............

Yeah true about wolfman. He had a good game I thought. Not his fault that king dropped it, or Brett passed it for the intercept. Being outjumped by hall is just one of those things. He returned kicks strongly and took an intercept of his own to save a try.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6