Tyson Andrews Intrust Cup GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I think I read a post from someone asking about how our new recruit went in the QRL GF.

The Intrust grand final was a fantastic game.Mackay won over easts at Ipswich Reserve in a thriller with the cowboys hooker Mitchell winning the MOM. It was great reward for a Mackay outfit who were at big odds with the bookies and had to overcome the death of a young player during the year.

Tyson Andrew was pretty quiet actually in a match where there was some great forward contributors on both sides. Didn't see anything that marked him as special but he is a big aggressive unit.

Having said that our recruitment guys have such a great record I wouldn't want to be canning him on one performance. One thing I did note - he was the first in when a blue looked likely, He wont die wondering in a stink!

Andrews played far better in last weeks final, well he was more involved.
His game time was fairly limited in the GF.
Has a strong carry, consistently breaking the advantage line plays direct , winning most play the balls.
Defence seems good also dominating after hitting hard. Seems limited with skills, another consistent sledgehammer type foward who plays ugly but solid.
That Mitchell (hooker) was a Nth Qld pickup this year from Rooters & looked sharp as deserved MoM in this grade, but the Cows biggest mistake in another underperforming year was letting Segeyaro go.
Taumololo was like a man against boys, but his involvement & enthusiasm show why he is in this grade. Possably the best waste of pure talent & power in the NRL.

How was the shoulder charge from Jardine in that blue! Then Anthony Mitchell gives it to the bloke on the ground. lol

I would love to know the stats of the big front rower from Easts. He easily had 20 hit ups with some great runs.

Stevo said:
How was the shoulder charge from Jardine in that blue! Then Anthony Mitchell gives it to the bloke on the ground. lol

I would love to know the stats of the big front rower from Easts. He easily had 20 hit ups with some great runs.
Actually quite enjoyed the game mate, some good contact & decent entertaining footy.
Was not really decided till the 78th minute when the Easts winger lost the ball as he was playing it, breaking their resolve & iced nicely with the Mitchell scoot to leave the result in no doubt....

I agree with Susan's observations. Tyson was very ordinary and didn't really excite me, but once in the Manly outfit (training & culture), he should improve. Still a young fellow.

So let's looks t our front rower options next year
Lawrence
Kingdog (love him dunno how he's gonna come back)
Richie F

So there's 3 proven props
Then the rookies and the untested
Starling
Sao
Jake T
Andrews

We look abit skinny but I'd never doubt our coaching and recruitment they will pluck something out.

I watched the last 30 minutes last night and did not really sight him. He seems like a depth signing but obviously we must see something in him and why would I doubt our recruitment team, they have more hits than misses over the years. On appearance our front row depth looks skinny with Kite and Joe leaving but I have no doubt Jake T is a future origin player and Sao looks very promising. I am confident we will be fine.

CAMBO said:
So let's looks t our front rower options next year
Lawrence
Kingdog (love him dunno how he's gonna come back)
Richie F

So there's 3 proven props
Then the rookies and the untested
Starling
Sao
Jake T
Andrews

We look abit skinny but I'd never doubt our coaching and recruitment they will pluck something out.
Jake T in a heartbeat.
This kid will be well known by the end of 2014 imo, unlimited potential.

That was a great game, good to see the Mackay boys get up.

Why they would have Easts (inner east Brisbane) playing Mackay (about 1000k's north of Brisbane) in Ipswich (40k's west of Brisbane) is unknown.

Was all keen early this year to go down and watch Easts go around as they are the team closest to where I live.

Got onto their web site to have a look at them and found out they are now a Storm feeder club which put the brakes on that idea.

COMMANDER said:

Why they would have Easts (inner east Brisbane) playing Mackay (about 1000k's north of Brisbane) in Ipswich (40k's west of Brisbane) is unknown.

Was all keen early this year to go down and watch Easts go around as they are the team closest to where I live.

Got onto their web site to have a look at them and found out they are now a Storm feeder club which put the brakes on that idea.

Intrust Cup GFs are taken into different areas each year. Ippy's turn this year and it was a very good turnout for them.

COMMANDER said:

I believe grounds/clubs bid for the rights to the GF at the start of the year mate.

COMMANDER said:

I tried to get to all the Capras games this year and saw most of CQ. They took their home games everywhere around the region this year. I'm pretty sure the Storm picked up Cameron Munster from the Capras this year. They got Tim Glasby last year too. Parra were trying to get a feeder club arrangement going with them for next year, but I don't know how keen the Capras are for that.

Stevo said:

The front rower was Mitchell Garbutt who unfortunately is signed to the storm. he will play regular FG next year with the storm.

COMMANDER said:

I tried to get to all the Capras games this year and saw most of CQ. They took their home games everywhere around the region this year. I'm pretty sure the Storm picked up Cameron Munster from the Capras this year. They got Tim Glasby last year too. Parra were trying to get a feeder club arrangement going with them for next year, but I don't know how keen the Capras are for that. Tyson Andrews was as crook as a dog leading into the GF. His performance whilst still sick was pretty good. He has a massive heart to go with his frame and can become aggressive rather quickly. He and Ritchie will intimidate.

tookey said:
Stevo said:

The front rower was Mitchell Garbutt who unfortunately is signed to the storm. he will play regular FG next year with the storm.
The Storm have had good luck with feeder clubs in the past.
Inglis & Slater were from the Norths Devils when they were aligned & Brisbane Easts the latest feeder is pretty strong.
Junior Sau who Storm signed from Newcastle last season was playing the Intrust GF as was the Fijian?? winger.
The confusing thing for me is Storm seem to have amalgamated with Cronulla in the NSW Cup.
If you see them this Sunday in the GF they have Finch, Vave & others mixed with Cronulla players. This Sharks fullback Gardner deserves to be playing NRL & has only been stuck there due to Gordons form & injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2