Tyson is happy he fought back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
IF HIS burning desire to play in the NRL had diminished, Tyson Andrews would more than likely be spending his days preparing for the 2016 Olympic Games.

Read More

IF HIS burning desire to play in the NRL had diminished, Tyson Andrews would more than likely be spending his days preparing for the 2016 Olympic Games.

The 24-year-old prop, who made hi
TysonAndrews1.jpg
s first-grade debut last Friday off the bench against the Wests Tigers at Brookvale Oval, was a very promising boxer.

Andrews was the Australian heavyweight amateur champion in 2010, and good judges predicted he had a bright future in the ring. However, he had some unfinished business on the footy field that continued to eat away at him.

After turning out for Brisbane in 2008 and 2009 in the under-20s National Youth Competition, he was released by the Broncos.

It left Andrews in a state of shock as a career in rugby league was his ambition, occupying his thoughts for many years.

After reaching a crossroads, he decided to throw away the boxing gloves once and for all in 2011, linking with the Mackay Cutters in the Queensland Cup, where he spent three years honing his craft.

Andrews' direct approach in the engine room impressed Sea Eagles officials, who tabled a two-year deal.

"It has been a long-term goal of mine to play in the NRL, so to achieve that was great," he said.

"I love the club, it is tight-knit, everyone makes you feel welcome, they want to know your story.

"It creates a bond among the boys which is very strong, I wouldn't want to play for anyone else."

After getting a taste of the top grade, Andrews naturally wants more.

"The step up was full-on, the pace and physicality is very different to NSW Cup," he said.

"Hopefully a few more opportunities come my way. I absolutely loved it."

Andrews has been named in Luke Williamson's NSW Cup squad that will take on Mounties tomorrow in Liverpool from 3pm.
Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/prop-feared-worst-after-broncos-exit/story-fngr8iii-1226992468895

Two great lines in that article:

“I love the club, it is tight-knit, everyone makes you feel welcome, they want to know your story.

“It creates a bond among the boys which is very strong, I wouldn’t want to play for anyone else.”

2_thumbs_up1.jpg

BOZO said:
Tyson and Starling are very similar style of players . What do you guys think ?

Yeah I agree BOZO.

It shows that hard work and a bit of patience can pay off (for both guys).

Great to hear he's on-contract for next year. He can only get better with us.

Jethro said:

“I love the club, it is tight-knit, everyone makes you feel welcome, they want to know your story.

“It creates a bond among the boys which is very strong, I wouldn’t want to play for anyone else.”

2_thumbs_up1.jpg
Send this post to Rothfield please Jethro !!! :D

No doubt 2v knows what he's doing. But i will say I'm a little impatient. And IMO an aggressive front rower is what we are missing now. Was disappointing not to see Tysons name on the bench this week.

Jethro said:

Unlike Matai and Choc who want out. Just stirring.;) Go Manly!

Hmm nice to hear that he loves the club and would not want to play for anyone else. Good on him, obviously he appreciates the golden opportunity he has in front of him. Being a Mighty Sea Eagle is certainly something to be very proud of.

:)

BOZO said:

On the little I saw of Tyson last week Starling has nothing to worry about.

Early days though.

globaleagle said:
It's a pity the no punching rule has been brought in, now tyson is on board!!

Early in the season in a NSW Cup match at Brookie I'm sure he was involved in a punch-up. I think he came out of it well, but was sent off along with the opposition player. It may have been a 10-minute sin-binning. I don;t remember all the details because when you watch our NSW Cup team you go numb after a few minutes as the pain is often too much to bear.

BOZO said:

I don't think so.

Starling is a plodder. But a very safe plodder. I'd be a lot happier if he wasn't starting the game but it is what it is. I think he'd be better suited to holding the fort before half time while the starting props have a rest. Lawrence is a great player but for me he isn't aggressive enough and 2 non aggressive props starting the game in my mind isn't ideal.

Tyson Andrews is an aggressive person. He's a champion boxer how can he not be? I was impressed with what i saw from him in the Q cup the last 2 seasons. I think if he comes through well enough then he is an ideal starting prop. He has Kings aggression but hopefully not his injury list.

Time will tell.

Tyson's not quite as big as I thought he'd be.

Another off-season with us, and Donny's magic, won't hurt him either.

Actually (I'll say again) I'm hoping the same can be said for Epa L, if he's hanging around next year, too.

Stevo said:
BOZO said:

I don't think so.

Starling is a plodder. But a very safe plodder. I'd be a lot happier if he wasn't starting the game but it is what it is. I think he'd be better suited to holding the fort before half time while the starting props have a rest. Lawrence is a great player but for me he isn't aggressive enough and 2 non aggressive props starting the game in my mind isn't ideal.

Tyson Andrews is an aggressive person. He's a champion boxer how can he not be? I was impressed with what i saw from him in the Q cup the last 2 seasons. I think if he comes through well enough then he is an ideal starting prop. He has Kings aggression but hopefully not his injury list.

Time will tell.

Agree with Stevo 100% I don't see any resemblance between Tyson and Starling, apart from there position. Tyson will find his feet quickly in the NRL and his aggro and energy will be very noticeable. You will find him a much better defender than Starling too.

I like Starling and think he is valuable to the team however. I just think they are worlds apart in stature, temperament. Starling fires up once annoyed. Tyson is ready to go at the drop of a hat.

The Who said:
mozgrame said:
Starling fires up once annoyed. Tyson is ready to go at the drop of a hat.

I hope Maria-Hargraves is wearing one when we next meet Easts.

That would be good to see mate! Bit of size difference, but I reckon Tyson would make pretty short work of Maria. Between now and then, I bet JWH goes out of his way to befriend Tyson. lol

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8