U 20s squad 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Leho

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Hi all been a while seeing if anyone knows the make up of the 20s this year cheers

Half of last seasons GF team are ineligible & on the official Manly site, still does not even show the NRL squad so good luck....
Young gun half Kade Cust should be close to a gig, though still young & the 2 union recruits should be good value, especially Tom Wright.

By the way heard from a friend that wright and walker are in nsw cup also the roar are saying wright will be in nsw cup also

Your friend is wrong.
How so he hasn't signed to play under 20s obviously he would have been better off staying in Union if he was going to be playing under 20s, he has come to play nrl but obviously won't be playing nrl he has to earn a nrl spot

How so he hasn't signed to play under 20s obviously he would have been better off staying in Union if he was going to be playing under 20s, he has come to play nrl but obviously won't be playing nrl he has to earn a nrl spot
Personally, I think he will be playing U20 in yr1 (having never played league before), then if that goes well NSW Cup yr2. He'll be assessed as to whether he can step up to NRL in yr3 (best case scenario).

Personally, I think he will be playing U20 in yr1 (having never played league before), then if that goes well NSW Cup yr2. He'll be assessed as to whether he can step up to NRL in yr3 (best case scenario).
That's exactly what's going to happen. Wright still not even training yet and nicho hynes will play nsw cup this year also john Walker will play 20s

I agree that Wright will be in U20s 2016. But I suspect with Lyon likely to finish up at the end of '16, that Manly is hoping this kid will be close to ready to take Walkers 5/8 position in '17 so Walker can move to Lyon's position. Could be wrong but I get a feeling that;'s the aim.

Wright will/should start in younger grade for a start, especially after a late start due to injury.
He will be shifted up to NSW Cup after proving he has adjusted to Rugby League, his natural talent will make that call.
There's no shame in working up from the younger grade & in fact, this is the smart way to introduce him & gain confidence...all this straight into NRL crap will see his career crushed & add pressure where its not needed.

Agreed. Wright will start in 20s. I'm sure it will be a wait and see approach. If he develops quickly then no doubt he will be moved into NSW Cup to be tested in open age.

The NYC team itself should be pretty decent. Short a couple up front by the looks of it. Darcy Cox and John Walker will be a very good back row. Ramien will be back and we will see if they promote Bonnie Hopoate to start the season and skip Ball like Ramien did.

Obviously the halves will feature Wright and quite possibly Cust if he skips ball. I've heard Hynes may in fact start in 20s. This could see him alongside Wright or from what I was told at fullback until Polselli has finished his Ball commitments.

There will be a few more promotions I. The forwards when the ball season ends with Tarrant and Brydon Ramien possibilities to figure.

Not the strength of last year although still a very decent team which will get stronger after the ball season.

Most importantly we are developing a number of outstanding juniors right across the park which will bode well in the future.

Anyone know what happened to that athletics sprint star we signed from qld a couple of years ago?

Anyone know what happened to that athletics sprint star we signed from qld a couple of years ago?
If its the youngster from up in Toowoomba Stevo - dedicated to sprinting & if he comes back, its the Bronco's who now have him in sight...some good young talent in the Toowoomba comp in general.

Agreed. Wright will start in 20s. I'm sure it will be a wait and see approach. If he develops quickly then no doubt he will be moved into NSW Cup to be tested in open age.

The NYC team itself should be pretty decent. Short a couple up front by the looks of it. Darcy Cox and John Walker will be a very good back row. Ramien will be back and we will see if they promote Bonnie Hopoate to start the season and skip Ball like Ramien did.

Obviously the halves will feature Wright and quite possibly Cust if he skips ball. I've heard Hynes may in fact start in 20s. This could see him alongside Wright or from what I was told at fullback until Polselli has finished his Ball commitments.

There will be a few more promotions I. The forwards when the ball season ends with Tarrant and Brydon Ramien possibilities to figure.

Not the strength of last year although still a very decent team which will get stronger after the ball season.

Most importantly we are developing a number of outstanding juniors right across the park which will bode well in the future.
They have a couple of solid props in local ellia faatui and a kid from the Warriors amoni tafui , I'd imagine bill Bainbridge and walker will make up the second row with Darcy cox at lock,jesse ramien and brad parker in the centres Lucas price fullback and expect a couple of the ball kids you mentioned to appear later on in the year

They have a couple of solid props in local ellia faatui and a kid from the Warriors amoni tafui , I'd imagine bill Bainbridge and walker will make up the second row with Darcy cox at lock,jesse ramien and brad parker in the centres Lucas price fullback and expect a couple of the ball kids you mentioned to appear later on in the year
Forgot about Bainbridge, Elia had been playing 13 for ball as he has good minutes in him but lacks the punch of the good front rowers. Assume with cox at 13 Elia will be in the prop rotation although not as strong as we have had previously.

I'm no expert but this is my educated guess as to the make up of the NYC team for 2016:

1. L.Polselli
2. J.Bogle
3. B.Parker
4. J.Ramien
5. M.Thomas/Jr.Hopoate
6. T.Wright
7. N.Hynes
8. J.Tarrant
9. H.Garray
10. M.Casson
11. M.Noovao-McGreal
12. B.Bainbridge
13. D.Cox (C)

Bench:
14. C.Cust
15. F.Sione
16. J.Walker
17. H.Collins/J.Sims

There's no way Tom Wright & John Walker will start in NSW Cup given their lack of experience, they could possibly force their way in, but initially they'll be in the NYC.

Last edited:
  • 📚
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8