• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Wolfpack

Bencher
Anyone know of any pubs around Moore Park that are showing UFC 118?

I normally head down to the Ivanhoe to watch the games but given that it's on sunday i'll be out to see the Manly game as well.

Wouldn't mind putting some cash down on Randy to destroy Toney (1st rnd TKO by punches, heard it here first) if I can actually find somewhere to watch it.

Im a big UFC fan but it's beginning to loose it's edge.
When it all started, the greatest aspect was that a jujitsu/grappler trained fighter was put against say a boxer/brawler type.

These days, you won't make it in the UFC if you can't grapple, no matter how well you can hit giving those with the grappler background a massive advantage over other styles.

Toney got his ass beat down no surprises there.

Pleasantly surprised to see Edgar get up over BJ, still think that the belt will be Gray Maynard's sooner or later.

WAMF I do agree with you to an extent, but it has more to do with MMA developing into a sport on it's own right rather than just a mish mash of different disciplines.

I'm not the biggest fan of wrestling/ju-jitsu duels but you do get exciting ones, Sonnen vs Silva for example.

The LHW division has a lot of good strikers in it, especially with Rampage coming back into the mix. Fully expect him & Machida to absolutely maul each other.

Heavyweight is getting interesting as well, If Cro Cop wins at 121 (or whichever main event he's filling in for Nogera at) then it'll really shake things up. Velasquez vs Lesnar should be a brilliant fight.

I find that whenever I'm getting bored of MMA I just pull out the old TUF 1 recordings & watch Forrest Griffen & Stephan Bonnar hospitalize each other, best fight in the history of the UFC

Yes, Bonnar/Griffin fight probably the best ever mate.

I pulled out an old Pancrase Hybrid Wrestling tape the other day and saw a couple of real belters.
MMA and subsequently the UFC originated from this sport in the early/mid 90's.

It all really started in Japan. Ken Shamrock was responsible IMO for kick starting (no pun intended) this new breed of sport. The old rules were - no closed fisted punching to the head but closed fisted punches were allowed to the body and breaks on the ropes but serious fighting other than that. The emphasis was less about mere brutality and far more about raw skill.

Shane link said:
I keep missing UFC,give me a pub where its on and ill be there!

I normally watch it at The Ivanhoe in Manly. I think The Steyne shows it as well.

Couldn't help you with anywhere else though.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6