Unchanged side named

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Means nothing this week really but here it is

Team list - Sea Eagles vs Dragons
4/05/2010 3:21:00 PM

The Sea Eagles have announced their team lists for this Saturday night's clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons.

NRL:

Ben Farrar
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Tony Williams
Kieran Foran
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Brent Kite
Matt Cross
Chris Bailey

Coach: Des Hasler

NYC:

William Hopoate
David Sheehan
Dean Whare
Blake Davey
Michael Oldfield
Scott Blanch
Gary Riccardi
James Cunningham
Liam Higgins (c)
Magnus Stromquist
Mitchell Jowett
Lama Tasi
Joseph Hawkins

Taylor Matthews
Brad Bennett
Sione Fakahua
Limoni Latu
Ryan Lippiatt

Coach: David Penna

I'm surprised we don't have an extended bench and I think a few of the 20s guys will get a run on saturday.

The only guys I could see being in real doubt of backing up, bar injury, would be Matai due to how he plays and Stewart playing 80mins.

Robbo shouldn't have a problem on the wing, Hodkinson will just distribute, Foran has the enthusiasm of youth, Watmough won't play 80mins, Perry may have limited game time. I expect Lyon will back up if matai doesn't get hold of him in the test haha

I was quite encouraged to see the strongest team on the park named. I think the players want to really put in and show their commitment to the club and to Des. My hat is off to those that back up; and after reading the article on Watmough being keen to back up, and not using a throw away, let's see how we feel afterwards', then the boys are in a good frame of mind.

Watmough ready for two gruelling games

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58518/watmough-ready-for-two-gruelling-games/default.aspx

Test second-rower Anthony Watmough is as ready as he can be for the gruelling task of playing two huge rugby league matches in as many days this weekend.

Watmough is one of eight Manly players expected to back up from either the Anzac Test or the annual City-Country clash on Friday in Saturday night's NRL top-of-the-table clash against St George Illawarra.

The Dragons have five players in the same predicament.

But Watmough is grateful for small mercies, saying that fronting up for another game 48 hours later is even tougher.

"I know personally that two days after a game I'm a lot worse than the next day," the 26-year-old Watmough said on Tuesday.

"I feel like a grandpa on the second day so hopefully I'll still be feeling young that first day after the Test."

With Watmough, Josh Perry, Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran, Steve Matai, Trent Hodkinson, Glenn Stewart and Michael Robertson all on representative duty, Manly coach Des Hasler only had five members of last weekend's starting lineup available for training on Monday.

They were told not to report back to club training until Wednesday.

"I thought Dessy might have given them the week off," said Watmough.

"But that's football, it's our job and it's what we've got to do.

"We're going to have to turn up here (for Friday night's Test in Melbourne), then get off the plane and pretty much go straight to the footy on Saturday which is not going to be easy, but it has got to be done.

"There's things in place which we can't control so we've just got to take care of what we can do and that's play footy.

"So whether it's two games in 24 hours or three games in 24 hours it's got to be done.

"Dessy is on the ball.

"He's got little machines ready for us as soon as we finish the game.

"He'll have everyone down here to get us in the best shape we can.

"... but it's certainly pretty tough."

The five members of the first-placed St George Illawarra squad backing up from rep duty for Saturday night's Brookvale Oval clash against the third-ranked Sea Eagles are Brett Morris, Michael Weyman, Jason Nightingale, Ben Creagh and Dean Young.

Dragons
1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Prior
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Neville Costigan
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

Interchange:
14. Jon Green
15. Nick Emmet
16. Trent Merrin
17. Ricky Thorby
20. Kyle Stanley
22. Michael Lett

Dragons media release

mark Geyer was saying the same thing about backing up 24 hours rather than 48 hours after a game being easier.

I think the Drags are a particularly one dimensional team.  They play a rigid, safe style and can be put off their game by fast creative attack.  Just like we did with Souths.  Keep them in their half and so bombs don't play such a crucial part of any attack.  Des saw this with Souths and so the same can be played against the drags. 

Sea Eagles v Dragons
Referee: Gavin Badger & Shayne Hayne
Touch Judges: Steve Chiddy & Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles v Norths Devils at Stockland Park on Sunday, May 9 - 3pm

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

1. Dennis Sandow 2. Tyrone Coppedge 3. Kyle Lodge 4. Mark Page 5. Michael Chapman 6. Ben Whiddon 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Phil Morwood 9. Cameron Joyce 10. Darcy Lussick 11. Rob Godfrey 12. Filinga Filiga 13. Jon Muir 14. Jason Wardrop 15. Joel McCrea 16. Jon Platt 17. Junior Palau
Coach: Brandon Costin

A bit concerned seeing Lussick named in the front row, I saw him as a wide running backrower in the 20s last year

geez im dreading the last 20 minutes as it is these days.. let alone when half the team has played a game the night before..

I think theres huge questions of Forans fitness for mine.. even the game at brookie when he gave up chasing a player.. he looked shattered.. maybe hes not fit enough yet for 80 min football. It looks to me he really dominates early on.. but in the second half he doesnt get as many touches on the ball.. and we look a shambles.

Im not sure Foran can back up.

Does anyone have any info on when Rose is back. The guy was on fire when he got injured, i cant wait for him to get back.

KaZa link said:
geez im dreading the last 20 minutes as it is these days.. let alone when half the team has played a game the night before..

I think theres huge questions of Forans fitness for mine.. even the game at brookie when he gave up chasing a player.. he looked shattered.. maybe hes not fit enough yet for 80 min football. It looks to me he really dominates early on.. but in the second half he doesnt get as many touches on the ball.. and we look a shambles.

Agreed. But in his defense he is probably a little bit burnt out at the moment from pre-season/early games. An soft injury might do him good TBH.

KaZa link said:

Not noticed him fade away in the 2nd half but you are probably correct going on our peformances.  In terms of not chasing that player, I remember that against the Titans and from memory it was the first half.  He would have had no chance in catching whoever it was as both their wingers are flyers, besides Robbo or Farrar was coming over to keep him in the cnr, smart thing saving his energy.

who knows.. it would be hard for a 19 year old to have NRL fitness as compared to other players.. he would just need time.

Flip link said:
Does anyone have any info on when Rose is back. The guy was on fire when he got injured, i cant wait for him to get back.

Was meant to be Round 9 but was a report a few weeks back saying Round 12 now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8