Under Geoff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Umiwashi

Ladies & Gentleman,

What do you all think will differ in Manly's game under Geoff?
Different use of bench? What else? I'd be very interested in what everyone thinks/anticipates.

Go Manly

Let the halves roam ffs, DCE and Foran will never improve just playing on one side of the field for the rest of their careers, the best halves like Thurston and Lockyer are not set in structures.

The full use of the four bench players is what stands out to me, not one of the other coaches did what ours did and I don't know why he did....there were times during the year when Ferris would get 7 or 8 mins a game....crazy stuff I thought!!

I suppose you're right in that all the other NRL coaches will have spent time working us out as well as the fact that Judas is now out there against us as well. So 2V will have to devise a new game plan that the opposition wont be expecting.DCE,Foz,Gift and Killer will have to play a different strategy to confuse the others in 2012. Just maybe a different coach has come along at the right time to keep us ahead of the game only time will tell.

2V's advantage is that his style is unknown and unestablished, so the other Coaches will not know what to expect.
Compounding this, he has the most experienced Team who are used to winning under pressure and will do their best to ease 2V into coaching.

2012 will be the best year :D

When was the last time the defending premiers went into a season with a new coach? Has it happened before? If so how did the team fare?

Coaches always bring who they are into a team - with all their strengths and weakness'. 2V was a merciless, take no prisoners, never take a backward step, I can tackle a mountain into the sea, sort of guy. I think the team will be tougher and deadlier than ever if he is able to breed who he is into the team. He will make some mistakes, tread on some toes, try to become too technical thinking how he should adapt to the game... but it will be his mongrel, his clear thinking head, his passion, his belief in himself and others that will overcome any obstacle. As another poster has said, 'in Tooves we trust.' And I trust 2V.

I think the biggest difference will be having a human in the coaches box instead of a worthless blood sucking flea!!

Definitely better use of the bench, just like Mark said.

However, a big difference that comes to mind is we won't see 'little' Tooves running on barking instructions behind the players. :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
The full use of the four bench players is what stands out to me, not one of the other coaches did what ours did and I don't know why he did....there were times during the year when Ferris would get 7 or 8 mins a game....crazy stuff I thought!!

I often wondered the same. But we did win the GF. Did you raise it as a concern during the season?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6