• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Without starting panic, an an honest question, how do we stay under the cap with the players we have ? It's genius work !

Logical answers please !

Noone here could possibly have an accurate answer.

Salary cap compliance combined with the different structures of player contracts make it impossible to be accurately informed other than those directly involved at the club.

It is a mystery that we are under the cap. But I hope that it means that the club has maintained there integrity and worked within the rules.
You also have to remember that the values thrown around in the media are often made up. I know this may be a surprise, but the media know very little. they aren't in the business of selling factual information, they are in the business to sell paper.

It appears back ended contracts have helped us stay under until now where we are now in danger of losing more players

Who cares.......dont forget the "supposed" increase in cap next going forward.

I think the key to staying under the cap is to convince players to stay for less money than they could earn elsewhere. It looks like we have actually been able to achieve that in a number of cases.

Well this year we are at the cap of $3.75m.
Next year going forward the cap is supposed to increase to around $5m with the new tv rights deal.

So, give the current squad what they are getting now plus a bit more to spend up to the cap of $5m. There is also more 3rd party money coming in and we are also likely to lose a couple of players eg. Joe G (retirement) and Ben Farrar.

Well given Rodney left last year and it was reported when he signed that his contract was heavily backended we would have freed up some space for upgrades etc this year.

We also lost Robbo & Elder Hoppa so there is a bit more there, next year will be a bit of a struggle but in Perry we trust.

I think the more interesting question is how did Parramatta manage to breach the salary cap and still finish next to last ?

I cracked up big time when I heard that.

I will not be surprised to see Kite heading to England at years end and that freeing up another 250-300k in the cap

It's not commonly known out there, and I use this with all the Broncos nerdies here at work when they put the crap on my beloved eagles. Manly are the one and only club in the NRL never to have been fined for a salary cap breach of any sort. Pretty good record that. ( That really gives them the sh**s. )

As Bones spelled out in a different thread, it should not be a shock that we are under. This same roster was considered to be a bunch of no-names only 12 months ago to the extent very few 'experts' tipped us to make the 8.

Jatz Crackers said:
Noone here could possibly have an accurate answer.

Salary cap compliance combined with the different structures of player contracts make it impossible to be accurately informed other than those directly involved at the club.

The Storm experience shows clearly that not even anyone directly involved at the club is accurately informed, aside from just one (only) scapegoat recently-installed CEO …

I think Snake is in his tenth season this year or next so there is a concession with his salary, Watmough and King wouldn't be far off that either so that would no doubt help. Don't forget that Tooves is a qualified accountant.

Debut 2003 so in their 10th season this year and therefore should be gaining a discount next year:
King
Stewy 1
Stewy 2
Choc

In their 8th season:
Matai
Kite

1. Most teams have players in the Toyota Cup competition & their State Cup team which take up a bit of the money in their salary cap. Have a look at Manly's Toyota Cup team & I don't think much was thrown on young players.

2. Manly don't seem to have any over paid players.

3. Yes, D.C.Evans & K.Foran have re-signed but there are a lot more to re-sign.
Who said we have signed all or most of them?

What Ernie said

That is why it is a joke to speculate on how much a player is on each year (i.e. Snake's rumoured contract of 1.5 mill over three years could be 1 mill in the first year etc)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4