Unfair system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I was hoping for a Melbourne win, purely because I wanted to beat them in the GF. I dislike Storm intensely, but I do feel that the McIntrye system does not reward consistently good performances throughout the season.

The Warriors finished sixth, losing a heap of games. Then they got smashed in their first finals match. Really, they shouldn't have been rewarded via a second chance to continue playing. They then got hot in their next two matches, and are in the GF.

Whereas Storm won the minor premiership, and their first finals match.
Yet they don't get the play in the GF. The match between Manly V Melb is what the vast majority of fans wanted to see.

I think the NRL should revert back to a five team finals series. I know TV will not let that happen, but the Warriors' advancement to the GF is a further mark against the uneveness of the competition.

I'm also more worried about beating the Warriors than I would have been beating Melbourne, but of course that is not clouding my opinion!

The McIntyre system has ensured that of the eight teams, only one deserves to be in a grand final.

The storm lost a grand final qualifier, under either system if the top two win week one they get the second week off and play in week three. No change there.

Under the AFL system it would still have been possible for the Warriors to play the Storm anyway. Week one you would assume Warrior beat Cowboys and then they would have played the Tigers in week two anyway, once again no change there.

Whinge whinge whinge. I say good on them for making it this far from 6th. Can we just enjoy the week please.

Bad system or not, the Warriors deserve their place as they beat 4 and 1 to get here!! The top 4 sides have played out the year to get to the finals but, they still need to win.

Central Coast Eagle said:
The storm lost a grand final qualifier, under either system if the top two win week one they get the second week off and play in week three. No change there.

Under the AFL system it would still have been possible for the Warriors to play the Storm anyway. Week one you would assume Warrior beat Cowboys and then they would have played the Tigers in week two anyway, once again no change there.

That is exactly the point being made.

Under the AFL system the Warriors could equally make the grand final. They just have to win all three games. A much better look for the game. Given they came 6th it's fair enough they should need three wins. And then there couldn't be any query about them having legitimately earned their way to the GF. To have the team placed 6th being thrashed 40-10 by Brisbane and still making the GF is a poor joke that devalues a Grand Final berth. Very happy with the result from a selfish Manly perspective, but it is ludicrous.

The Warriors' pathway was the exact same pathway Carlton had to a GF under the McIntyre system, after Carlton similarly got thrashed in their first game from 6th place. The outcome of Carlton doing this was that the AFL dropped the McIntyre system.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6