Unfit, fat and nearly forty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I turn 35 in a few weeks time. Thanks to a ruined knee (ACL and botched operations) I haven't been able to run properly for several years and the knee is a constant risk of dislocation. I'm carrying 25kg more than I should.

However, even in that parlous state I'd back myself to be able to rush for 46 metres in an NRL game, especially if I nabbed 30 easy metres off two kick-offs. The defence in between would probably kill me given a complete lack of fitness.

However, the thrill of being able to run onto Brookvale Oval in the famous jersey and sheer pride and willingness to prove myself worthy would be more than enough motivation to at least GET IN THERE AND HAVE A **** ING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only I could wind the clock and knee back ten years and have the luxury of a fulltime career on $200,000. I'm absolutely certain I could have given a better account of myself than this current patsy that lets us down week after week after bloody week.

Not that I'd have been in the side ahead of Menzies, Gartner, Kosef, Carroll, Gillespie or Toovey.

But given the chance and a goal of 46 metres????????????????

Giving a bloke with potential a contract is one thing, but how did King get a contract till 2011 or what ever it is astoun ds me,

serioulsy hes had potential since 2001, come on mate lets see it realised!

Kingey has Mrytle and Green written all over him!

serioulsy if we dint have him on these inflated bucks we probably could have made a greater play for the likes of Asotasi.

Even Williamson managed 48 metres in his cameo off the bench.

Rose 63. Bryant 113 and Kite 146.

BK 202. No wonder he has the **** s with the rest of them.

Giving a bloke with potential a contract is one thing, but how did King get a contract till 2011 or what ever it is astoun ds me,

are you serious 2011 - hope its a misprint :wall:

I've seen Mata make 38 mts heading into a Warrior supporter scrum to get a meat pie. That has got to be a tougher assignment than Kingie has faced. He should voluntarily step down until he comes up with some form.

Someone mentioned last year, when King was at The Warf Bar in Manly one night, he got up to buy a round of drinks for his mates, and coming from somewhere within the crowd came a loud voice:-

"That's more hit ups than you have done all year Kingy".

Gold, if it's true.

some 5ft5 chick pushed passed him and knocked him over though, never got the drinks, went outside and had a rest for 20 mins lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4