Unhappy reggies...?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Might be nothing...but this quote from Pita Godinet stuck out in an article on the NSW RL website today:

“We’re not going to play for each other after this season; there’s a few boys that want to move on and I think it’s probably the last time I’m going to play with a few of them.

“There’s a few boys who are off contract, so we just don’t know what’s going to happen. We just all spoke to each other to just dig deep and just enjoy it."

You'd have to read that as being some of the players are keen to find new clubs. That could either mean that they don;t feel like they'll be getting a run in NRL any time soon and want to take the chance to prove themselves elsewhere...or that they aren't all that happy with the structures around the club and want to move on. We've always been a club that seems to draw people in an hold onto them for a long time - at least in the previous decade or so, and even before that - the great teams of the late 80s and mid-nineties were all long-termers.

Bit of a worry...

Yep...you may have a point there. Though he does say that "some of the boys want to move on". Though I guess the move to Blacktown would be hard to take if you were on a part-time wage and living on the Northern Beaches.

Doesn't it just mean that Manly NSW Cup team in 2017 will become the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles, and I presume will be training in Blacktown under the coaching of Blacktowners.

i think it will be basically new team next year. Most players from there. With new trainers, personnel etc and run under Blacktown Workers seeing they are controlling most of it $$$$ sad what is happening

I personally like this structure with Blacktown becoming involved - maybe some good quality juniors and players we have not yet seen....this past couple of years in NSW Cup has been a shambles and the 20's this year have nose dived also....Maybe breath some new life into the club can help, as can expanding the cast net to grab a few players that would normally have been secured by an NRL team further West before?

Could also mean that some of them will be moving on because they won't be offered a contract. A lot of these fringe guys were just signed on one year deals. If they haven't done enough to be offered a contract extension then that's not the club's fault......judging by the results this year we haven't exactly been setting the comp on fire.

Yep, true. I guess we are getting the benefit of a much bigger talent pool by adding Blacktown to our area. And yes, also agree that quite a lot of our players probably have not performed to expectation (though as widely discussed, it could be that Willow is not a great coach...despite being a great clubman and top bloke).

With the new direction of the club expanding to increase there depth . But more of the life of a fringe first grader with his comments .i think
Clubs want success and will turn over more players to find that winning squad
Manly have gone to Blacktown for it a few season's back we were at the Sunshine coast
Unless you can break into that top 25 reggies will be like that

Yep...you may have a point there. Though he does say that "some of the boys want to move on". Though I guess the move to Blacktown would be hard to take if you were on a part-time wage and living on the Northern Beaches.
Many professionals travel far to get to their jobs and many working people travel earning less money. This moving on happens in all NSW cup sides .

Can someone help me understand exactly how this will work?

In my head:
Local junior plays on the northern beaches (think Tommy or Jake) and shows real talent.

Local junior then qualifies for the eagles U20 side - turns out to be a bit of a gun

Local junior continues to develop, but is probably a couple of years from full maturity of NRL, so he needs a few seasons in reggies (that is what Jake did, and Buhrer if I am not mistaken?)

Local Junior then has to play for Blacktown Sea Eagles, and make the trip out west every day for training???? Is that right???? or do we continue to have a reggies team as well???

I am hoping I have misinterpreted, and in fact we actually have 2 feeder teams..... I would hate to think that OUR JUNIORS, our best (and favourite players) would be forced to play out west for a few years just because we can't get it right ourselves.

Can someone put the record straight for me please?

Thank you!

If the Raiders NSW cup side is Mounties and can make it work then i'm sure travelling from Manly to Blacktown for training isn't that hard
You would think that attending school, college or part time work, will see our Juniors rather play for the Rorters Wyong feeder Club :(

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6