Unsigned 2014 props available

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Well now Richie has pulled up stumps, toovey has mentioned we are looking to replace him, any idea who is available that we could have a crack at....

Lord Eagleton said:
This guys available. He'll have a crack and do it for a few schooners and a pie after the game

Hahaha, He has a good step and can beat the fastest man in the world...... Sign Him !!!!!

Attachments

• 1013139_206213016200029_829231876_n.jpg
    1013139_206213016200029_829231876_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7
This list is from zero tackle. Don't know how up to date it is though.

Neccrom Areaiiti, Rodney Coates, Justin Lemalu, Luke Page, Junior Palau, Seffa Silafau, Nick Skinner, Brandon Tago, Shannon Wakeman

Lord Eagleton said:
This guys available. He'll have a crack and do it for a few schooners and a pie after the game

He's already signed with the Dogs.
Saw him on TV with Doggies gear, right?

If we don't give our young guys a shot we will lose them and there is some real talent there and we have basically 3 spots to fill. Lovely for them.

This is all a media beat-up. We have more props than a movie set. Many of these so-called novices will prove they are first grade standard and mid-season the media will be asking how Manly continually unearths stars.
If we have the (reported) $130,000 Richie salary available then it would be wise to hold it to take advantage of the inevitable mid-season transfer of players, which Melbourne and the Dogs seem to capitalise on.

We could use a Nigel Plum/Shane Rodney type.
Someone tough and competent who's been around the block.
Even JWH and Fifita took a few years to be consistent at NRL level, we can't expect all our newbies to do a Lawrence.
We are one injury away from front row disaster.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
We could use a Nigel Plum/Shane Rodney type.
Someone tough and competent who's been around the block.
Even JWH and Fifita took a few years to be consistent at NRL level, we can't expect all our newbies to do a Lawrence.
We are one injury away from front row disaster.

I've always thought Nigel Plum would go well in our side

We do need another eperienced frontrower to replace richie.

They wont be a world beater, more a solid fringe player who will provide a bit of stability.

Now i, like eveyone else is excited by Trbojvic , Starling, Sao, Hasson, Lui and Andrews but they have less than 20 games between then and some may not step up.

Remember once everyone expected our front row to be Cunningham and Stromquist.

That said if we sign someone it wont be one of that unsigned lot, rather a player released by another club here or in the UK looking for a chance.

Think a heckenberg, byrant, richie or gower type, not good enough to hold the young guns back but good enough to step in if the young guns falter

In regards to using our juniors - I think if the NRL Changes the salary cap rules in 2015 to include allowances for bred not bought players will put us in good stead for keeping a quality roster in years to come.

I think whilst King is still in the squad, give these young kids a chance to come to form. We have all the makings to train these kids into superstars.

Eagles2nv said:
In regards to using our juniors - I think if the NRL Changes the salary cap rules in 2015 to include allowances for bred not bought players will put us in good stead for keeping a quality roster in years to come.

I think whilst King is still in the squad, give these young kids a chance to come to form. We have all the makings to train these kids into superstars.

Bred not bought would kill Easts, wound Canterbury and Melbourne and hurt us. It would obviously benefit Brisbane - and they already have too many advantages.
Dispensation for long-term one-club players is the way to go, and that would benefit us.

I think the worry is the depth

Out for the 4 or 5 untried you would assume there are a couple which will succeed. The variable is if those players get injured (you would think this is somewhat inevitable in a first year in first grade) and how the fringe players can stand up

The bigger worry is if our limited number of experienced props get injured. We would be in real trouble if Kingy and Lawrence were injured and Kingy particularly has shown to be injury prone having missed two GF's to injury. We need someone like Smokin Joe there with an experienced head as backup.

Ben Ross would also be a good backup.

Another good option would be to lure Luke O'Donnell out of retirement.

Mate i would be very very happy if the rumors were true and Aaron Woods managed to get out of his contract this year to join us immediately. As long as we dont pay overs for him, i think he would complement Lawrence and King nicely

Ralphie said:
The bigger worry is if our limited number of experienced props get injured. We would be in real trouble if Kingy and Lawrence were injured and Kingy particularly has shown to be injury prone having missed two GF's to injury. We need someone like Smokin Joe there with an experienced head as backup.

Ben Ross would also be a good backup.

Another good option would be to lure Luke O'Donnell out of retirement.

I agree with you, get Joe out of retirement and back onto the field. I have never seen this guy play one bad game and Manly could use him, especially for this season, tough as !!

The old brigade is the past, let the newbies loose.

Or convince Aaron Woods that he is homesick for Brookie :idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNbmEyuEZ2k

As 2v said to Kitey last year, in that 'Manly Players Impersonate 2V' video 1:25m the Players put out, 'Its not hard, run the ball, make a break, score a try!'

I honestly think the prop role has changed and so has the thinking of the clubs regarding them. 10 or 15 years ago a top tier prop on big coin was essential. Now not so. With stats and coaches getting players to buy into the game plan much more a group of props that makes many good runs and tackles in short spurts can just as effective. As long as they dont drop the ball

Even still I worry if we lose the experienced ones to injury as mentioned above

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4