Update on proposed Supporter tours for 2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good morning, afternoon or evening everyone

As you know these recent months we have been head down bum up on the World Club Challenge tour. This departs in about 2 weeks so our job is complete with that project and it’s time to move on to others.

It’s time for us to move into the normal domestic season so I am calling for ‘EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST’ for the three Queensland games AND a possible trip to Sydney for those of us based in QLD. You can tender an expression of interest without cost or obligation, I just want to get a feel for who is interested and how many might come to each of these, so shoot me an e-mail back and let me know, as I say there’s no cost and I won’t hound you for money straight up, it’s just an indicator for me of the interest that might be out there!!!!!

Firstly there's the Brisbane game which is on the weekend of the 9th to 11th May.....we won’t know the actual game day until much closer BUT given the fact that there is a Friday night Test Match at Suncorp Stadium it’s a pretty fair guess that the game will be a Sunday afternoon game (which as we know up here the Bronco’s love anyway!!!)

So based on this we have formulated our Brisbane weekend around,

Friday Test match
Saturday free day during the day (Gold Coast, Australia Zoo, sipping XXXX and having a steak at the famous Breakfast Creek pub, game of golf, cruise up and down the river) there are MANY things to do in Brisbane to fill in the day AND THEN a major get together of all Queensland fans and travelling supporters at “Fridays” bar and grill overlooking the beautiful Brisbane River on Saturday night.
Sunday-game day (purely our guess) which will be preceded by an official function, most probably at the Hotel LA on Caxton Street (near Suncorp), and seats in the official “away supporters” area so you can be right in the action.
Accommodation for 2 nights at “Sea Eagle Central”

You’ll be able to “mix and match” any of the above into what suits you best or take the complete package which would include 2 nights accommodation, Test match ticket, game day ticket and Pre Match function, the Saturday night “get together” is just pay as you go!!

All in all a FANTASTIC weekend and it’s time that you started planning for that right now as it’s (by far) the biggest away weekend of the year (if you are form down south) and it’s becoming a MUST DO.

Prior to the Brisbane weekend is the ANZAC weekend game V the Cowboys in Townsville.

Now the Townsville games are almost always SATURDAY night, so I reckon you can safely pen this is for Saturday 25th April.

In the three years I have been doing these we have never had a contingent go north but I am sure the boys would love to see some fans up there supporting them (I know some of the North Queensland fans do attend so it’s not like there’s nobody there) so if there’s any interest I am happy to put this together, we’ll know the time and day for that after Round Two, SO you’d have a good six weeks in advance which will allow me to put on a good package if people want.

And then there’s the Titans game in Round 11, the weekend of the 22nd to the 25th of May.

Now putting on my Nostradamus cap again, and knowing that one QLD team always features in Friday night football up here, I reckon that game will be Friday 22nd May.

Just like we did in 2008 we will have a package that will incorporate,

Accommodation for the Friday night
Bus transfers to the informal pre game function
Bus transfers to Skilled Stadium
Game day ticket in the away supporters bay
Bus transfer back to hotel
Ticket to the Official Post Match function after the game

It will be a “one stop shop” for you for that weekend, let us handle all the nitty gritty and you guys can just have all the fun. By taking the official tour you’ll have all the transfers, tickets, functions and everything you’ll need.

For those that attended in 2008 you’ll remember the very memorable chanting we had going at that game, if that’s any indication of how 2009 might be then you’ll be in for a HUGE weekend.

For those considering coming up from down south remember this WILL be at the fantastic GOLD COAST, why not stay an extra night and take in one or two of the theme parks on the Saturday and Sunday before returning home???

What could be better than that (well maybe the Brisbane weekend but let me tell you the Titans weekend last year was a ripper and it’s fast becoming another MUST DO????

The Sydney game

AND for those that are wanting to visit the “heartland” in 2009 what better weekend to chose than the 1st to the 3rd of May where we’ll once again get a chance to ‘whoop the Storm’s backsides” and show them that FORTY to NIL wasn’t an aberration!!!

Looking at that weekends game (and again with the Nostradamus cap on) I’d bet it would be a FRIDAY night game, so those coming from the north would need a day off that day.

If enough are interested we’d get some rooms at the Brooky Travelodge, organise some seats and probably put our own “pre game” function on at the club and invite all you Sydneysiders to join us Bannana Benders in a soothing pre game Ale (or ten!!).

And also if enough coming we could organise a transfer from the airport to Brookvale on the Friday to coincide with a group flight for everyone, let me tell you that the domestic carriers are doing exceptional deals at present on airfares so there’s never been a better time to consider this!!!

This should be a ripper of a game, the Storm will want “redemption”, the Eagles will want to show them that we can do it all again and it’s bound to be a packed Brookvale house!!!

So there’s FOUR options for you to consider….as I say we are just in the planning stages so there’s no financial commitment at this point in time BUT it would be good to know who may be interested, so after reading this please indicate your interest in which ever game (or games) and we will base our planning around this interest.

Best wishes from your official supporters tour travel agent and GO MANLY in 2009

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Tramby

Managing Director

Ambassador Holidays

Suite 24

Level 1

101 Wickham Terrace

Brisbane 4000

Phone (07) 38399311

Fax    (07) 38399187

E-Mail [email protected]

Visit our website www.ambassadortravel.com.au

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark I may well be in for the Brisbane and Titans games. Though I may be making the trip with 2 broncos supporters and another Manly supporter. More than likely though we will just drive down, but may hit you up for cheap accom :)

Dan link said:
Mark I may well be in for the Brisbane and Titans games. Though I may be making the trip with 2 broncos supporters and another Manly supporter. More than likely though we will just drive down, but may hit you up for cheap accom :)

room for +1?

hey i wanted to do the whole road trip thingy last year. noone was interested so i took a big plane down. It is cheaper to have 4-6 guys in a car/van than it is to fly

Zep sure thing. But you will be coming North from the Goldie!

But let me know if you are def coming to the games and we can arrange to buy the tickets together.

Spoonage?hahahahaha

lolz, i actually thought you were driving down to sydney :p

ignore that then. Yeah i will be definately going to both games. There is no reason why i shouldn't.

Have you ever thought of doing a big poster with "silvertails.net" . Even if it is on the TV for 2-3 secs you would get a ****load of hits.

we use to do them ages ago when the site was in its infancy. We should probably start them again

Thanks for the input guys, just wanted you all to know what the plans are...we are working on these all now.

Mark

I will be on the Sunshine Coast at the time of the Broncos game so will be at that game.  If it is a day game I can't say I'm excited about the proespect of the away supporters bay.  It is the worst in the ground, staring into the sun.  We couldn;t push for something diagonally opposite could we?

Matabele link said:
I will be on the Sunshine Coast at the time of the Broncos game so will be at that game.  If it is a day game I can't say I'm excited about the proespect of the away supporters bay.  It is the worst in the ground, staring into the sun.  We couldn;t push for something diagonally opposite could we?

Matas, Rob and I will be driving past the Sunshine coast, so can pick you up on the way through if you want, and drop you back the day after the game, there should be room in the truck

Mata

Sadly that's where the Bronco's put us, there's no choice for a different bay.

It was a great day last year, not hot and I felt the atmosphere more than made up for the poor position.

You are of course free to buy tickets yourself and sit in better positions, I did that one year and ended up sitting with a bunch of Bronco's supporters...fun value......ZERO!!!

Mark

I may be with a broncos supporter anyway so probably wont be able to sit in the supporters bay

Be aware that there will be a pre game function, this was well attended last year and "should" be available for sale on the official website.

Those doing my package will get a a ticket anyway.

It would be great to meet with some of you guys so if coming up, try and come to the function and then we can say G'Day!!

Mark

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8