UPDATE Sea Eagles Membership Numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Hi guys,

Just an update on where we are at with membership numbers as of this morning:

Ticketed & Non-Ticketed = 10,043

I would really love to get us to the 11,000 mark this season.

If you havent already joined, I can't say enough how important your support is. We have a non-game acccess package for $50, or for an extra $5 you can come to 3 games out at Brookie for just $55 (these are online prices).

To join you can visit our online membership shop here

If there is anything that is stopping you from joining that I may be able to help with, please feel free to call me.
It's really important for me to hear your feedback and find out how we can improve membership for all our supporters.
I can be reached at the Manly HQ on 02 9970 3000.

Looking forward to seeing you all out at Brookie tomorrow, its shaping up to be a big crowd.

Go Manly!

Larissa

I will be in it trust me. Just 4.3 weeks to go and you will have two more members :)

I'll probably buy the ticketed version just for the odd time I get down there.

I am thinking of adding a little thing to the forums, a "I'm a member Badge" with your member number under your name in your profile.

What do you think?

I'm signing my brother up as his birthday present. two birds one stone.

p.s. keep up the good work Larissa.

Daniel said:
I will be in it trust me. Just 4.3 weeks to go and you will have two more members :)

I am thinking of adding a little thing to the forums, a "I'm a member Badge" with your member number under your name in your profile.

What do you think?

Great idea, as long as it doesn't add to the "true supporter" bull****.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Daniel said:

What do you think?

I think its a great idea. However, I dont want to ignite old issues.

Its not my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable if they havent signed up as a member, I'm just here to help people if they chose to do so.

lol stuff the true support BS.

Hopefully everyone on this site has a thick enough skin these days and understand that we like to do things in a relaxed and fun way.

i'll look at the best way to do it, but think it is a good way for those that are proud to be members to display their pride :)

Dan

Wow i thought it would take a lot longer to crack 10,000 considering years ago we only had like 3,000 or so.

Well Done and hopefully we can get to 11,000

Larissa said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
Daniel said:

What do you think?

I think its a great idea. However, I dont want to ignite old issues.

Its not my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable if they havent signed up as a member, I'm just here to help people if they chose to do so.

Epic result Larrissa
you are really kicking some goals. Keep up the good work and the communication

Daniel said:

Hopefully everyone on this site has a thick enough skin these days and understand that we like to do things in a relaxed and fun way.

i'll look at the best way to do it, but think it is a good way for those that are proud to be members to display their pride :)

Dan

Cambo displays his pride in a different way.

Duff said:
Daniel said:

Dan

look you left winged ranga loving homosexual
leave me out of your gay fantasies.
Theres nothing wrong with your homosexuality but theres no need to force it down everyone elses throat duff ;)

Fantastic job from the whole team with the memberships this year. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the 9 year old memberships and the cheaper prices overal which has been great to see. Hopefully we are seeing a financial improvement on last year as well with these higher numbers.

As you probably know, a lot of people on here are not from Sydney and some of these people don't see the value in getting a membership they won't use. I think anyone that is in this bracket should give Larissa a call and give her feedback for the future packages, feedback that would get you as a member if they had a package for your situation (e.g. you are family man in WA that never gets to any games but would like to give your support to the club in some form...maybe the $50 package could include a membership card and hat, but not entry to the ground etc.) Any feedback is good feedback for the club.

As for the tag on the name. I think it is a great idea as members are very proud of the fact that they are members. It will also help the club point out who they need to contact to get feedback from as well to find out why they are not members.

The idea of the "true supporter" in my personal opinion is stupid because we are all supporters and show it in our own ways, whether it be buying stuff from the club, or season tickets. In a lot of cases people do both. Even if you donate $1 you are still doing your part. In fact alot of people support the club and do this in spirit but just can't afford to go to games or buy anything. This is fine as well.

Where the idea came from, and where I agree with it in part is after the 08 Grand Final. The amount of supporters that were at the Grand Final and we can't fill up Brookie? You can't tell me they were all from interstate!! Also, what about all the people that didn't go out to Homebush, the ones that were at the Leagues Club or at home and then went down to the Leagues Club and stopped people like myself from getting in until the players were inside? Those kinds of numbers should have us with 15000+ members and 15000+ at every game of the season. Where are they now? Where were they last Saturday when we had 8000 at Brookie? That's where the true supporter thing has come from: A supporter is one that flies the support of their club 100% and isn't a fairweather supporter. Turning up to games doesn't make you a supporter of the club. Its supporting the colours and the club in whatever way you can...not just coming out of the woodwork on GF Day then dumping us when we lose a few games.

I don't believe in some of the "true supporter" opinions that have been brought up in the past, but I do believe that if you can make it to a game or 2 you should make the effort to. If you can't and if you can afford an interstate membership then I believe that you should make an effort to sign up to it. Every little bit helps.

One last point: Dan is not in Sydney and he's getting the 3 game pass so it isn't hard.

Once again, well done Larissa. Keep up the good work and I hope my rant pushes more people to get us over the 11,000.

Jono said:
As you probably know, a lot of people on here are not from Sydney and some of these people don't see the value in getting a membership they won't use. I think anyone that is in this bracket should give Larissa a call and give her feedback for the future packages, feedback that would get you as a member if they had a package for your situation (e.g. you are family man in WA that never gets to any games but would like to give your support to the club in some form...maybe the $50 package could include a membership card and hat, but not entry to the ground etc.) Any feedback is good feedback for the club.

Jono,

You will find that things are different this year as what you are suggesting has already been implimented. If you go to:

http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/2011-packages/supporter-membership/ you will find the following:

Supporter Membership ($55 or $50 online)

The Supporter Membership is specifically for passionate Sea Eagles supporters who love the team and want to show your support but cannot get to any games. Perfect for fans who live interstate, or outside of Australia.

Membership Benefits include:

Members kit (cap, lanyard, card & holder, bumper sticker)
Sea Eagles cooler bag
Access to purchase tickets to Sea Eagles home games directly through the Club
Access to members only events
Access to members only areas on the website
10% discount on merchandise

I hope this helps :)

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

Just an update on where we are at with membership numbers as of this morning:

Ticketed & Non-Ticketed = 10,043

I would really love to get us to the 11,000 mark this season.

If you havent already joined, I can't say enough how important your support is. We have a non-game acccess package for $50, or for an extra $5 you can come to 3 games out at Brookie for just $55 (these are online prices).

To join you can visit our online membership shop here

If there is anything that is stopping you from joining that I may be able to help with, please feel free to call me.
It's really important for me to hear your feedback and find out how we can improve membership for all our supporters.
I can be reached at the Manly HQ on 02 9970 3000.

Looking forward to seeing you all out at Brookie tomorrow, its shaping up to be a big crowd.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Make that 10,045. My fiance and I just rejoined this afternoon :)

Onya Cody!!

Can I support the level of membership known as "Country Member"....I "think" it's $100 (should have looked before posting but that's close enough).....I am one of those and for this I get,

1) Members Cap
2) Sea Eagles cooler
3) Members sticker
4) 2 Home game GA entrances (suits me perfectly as a try to do two games if I can...sadly this year might only be one)
5) 1 Away game....I'll use mine for round 26 at Brisbane
6) An away game function (I'll use this for the PM function after the double header).

Now do your sums.

Merchandise.....say $35
Function....say $50
Away ticket...say $35
Two home game tickets $50

$170 value for $100 (could even be $90 I should have looked)...fantastic value and especially if you live in SEQ or Northern NSW as you have 3 games to chose from for your included ticket.

Some of the memberships on offer this year are far far better value than in recent years so if you are not a member, have another look....nothing at all to do with the "True Supporter" bull****, if you can use it...do it....if you just want to "belong" there's one for you as well.

And there's no doubt, Larissa is not just doing a good job she's really kicking some goals!!

Jono said:
. . . Hopefully we are seeing a financial improvement on last year as well with these higher numbers.

The higher numbers are simply brilliant. There is an old adage, 'the more the merrier' which is very apt. Having more people formally identifying with the club can only be of benefit to all aspects of marketing the brand. Well done Larissa and the club.

Cambo said:
Duff said:
Daniel said:

Dan

look you left winged ranga loving homosexual
leave me out of your gay fantasies.
Theres nothing wrong with your homosexuality but theres no need to force it down everyone elses throat duff ;)

Whoa, steady on big fella.

I was merely implying that you wear your Manly colours proudly, up there in enemy territory & all.

You don't need fly off the hook like that. I didn't mean for you to go straight down that path. I don't mind though, we're mates, regardless of where your mind is tuned.

I was a bit pissed at the guy getting stuff for signing on as the 10000th member. Why give a prize to a person who is lazy and slack with getting to be a member at this late hour?

davidsheehan said:
I was a bit pissed at the guy getting stuff for signing on as the 10000th member. Why give a prize to a person who is lazy and slack with getting to be a member at this late hour?
Haha that is quite a good point David. By the way I see you joined here in April 2011, how come you are so slack you never joined here earlier? lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2