updated manly player gains and losses 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi there all,long time manly supporter living here on the sunshine coast in queensland...This is my first post on this site...i thought i would try and do a complete list of our player movement for 2013...

gains..michael chee kam [raiders]..ligi sao [warriors]..peter hiku [warriors]..richie faaoso [storm]..jacob gagan [eels]..ben musolino[dragons]..james hasson [sharks]..brenton lawrence [titans]..dane chisholm[tigers]..mitch manson [woy woy]..suni fatialofa [mounties]..david gower [dragons]..jesse sene lefao [panthers]..justin horo [eels]..kayne lawton [titans]..esi tonga [eels]..dean mcglinchy [bulldogs]..adrian ha,angago [rabbitohs]..

losses..tony williams [bulldogs]..darcy lussick [eels]..daniel harrison [eels]..dean whare [panthers]..michael oldfield [roosters]..josh drinkwater[dragons]..blake harrison [eels]..jamie anderson [burleigh bears]..ben falcone[redcliffe dolphins]..junior palau [bulldogs]..gary riccardi [norths devils/tbc]...

hope this helps ...

Is there more movement this season than is traditional? It seems a real turnover of player to me.

I cant believe the amount of players we have signed considering our so called salary cap dramas.

2013 Gains: Michael Chee Kam (Canberra Raiders, 2015), Dane Chisholm (Wests Tigers, 2013), Richie Fa'aoso (Melbourne Storm, 2014), David Gower (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2013), James Hasson (Cronulla Sharks, 2013), Justin Horo (Parramatta Eels, 2013), Brenton Lawrence (Gold Coast Titans, 2015), Kayne Lawton (Gold Coast Titans, 2013), Ben Musolino (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2013), Ligi Sao (New Zealand Warriors, 2015), Esi Tonga (Parramatta Eels, 2013)

2013 Losses: Josh Drinkwater (St George Illawarra Dragons), Daniel Harrison (Parramatta Eels), Darcy Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Michael Oldfield (Sydney Roosters), Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers), Tony Williams (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

Re-Signed: Matt Ballin (2015), Daly Cherry-Evans (2015), Kieran Foran (2015), Steve Matai (2015), Brett Stewart (2016), Jorge Taufua (2014)

Off Contract 2012: David Williams, James Cunningham, Junior Palau, Michael McDougall

2013 Coach: Geoff Toovey

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/

The Who said:
Is there more movement this season than is traditional? It seems a real turnover of player to me.

I agree, but I have 4 explanations:

1) we have an aging team and needed to bring in a lot of youth to replace the players leaving.

2) new regime, more talented recruitment officer. This usually brings in a new team as well.

3) Our NSW Cup and Toyota Cup teams have been **** the last 3 years

4) We now have the cash due to the TV deal to support 3 competitions, not just first grade. The $7 million from the NRL will help with the pay checks for these divisions. We didn't have this kind of money before.

I presume the eels will be paying some amount towards the players we've recruited off them.

The Who said:
So, seven of the new players are on one-year contracts. Smart thinking, I believe.

I agree 100%. Yet some people say 1 year contracts are a joke and will never become the norm.

mozgrame said:
The Who said:
So, seven of the new players are on one-year contracts. Smart thinking, I believe.

I agree 100%. Yet some people say 1 year contracts are a joke and will never become the norm.

It's a good move to put up and coming players on 1 year deals. you've got 1 year to prove yourself or **** off.

1 year deals will never be a normality for established first graders as discussed in another thread. There are maybe 10 players who are able to command that sort of contract. Clubs won't jump through hoops to keep 95% of players. And 95% of players i assume would prefer the stability of long term contracts.

On another note, any more news with Tim Robinson? He's not on the off contract lists and not on the losses lists?

I thought that Tim had potential, Manly has not signed him though :(

Tim Robinson ‏@timrobbo1
@BMJuzz07 nah mate didn't resign with manly at this point I would do anything..

Stevo said:
mozgrame said:
The Who said:

It's a good move to put up and coming players on 1 year deals. you've got 1 year to prove yourself or f**k off.

1 year deals will never be a normality for established first graders as discussed in another thread. There are maybe 10 players who are able to command that sort of contract. Clubs won't jump through hoops to keep 95% of players. And 95% of players i assume would prefer the stability of long term contracts.

On another note, any more news with Tim Robinson? He's not on the off contract lists and not on the losses lists?

I think Tim said on twitter that he has no club. I guess we have released him and no one has picked him up. Limbo? I've got a spare room up here if he wants a run with the Capras.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6