Vaealiki released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
The Manly Sea Eagles today released former New Zealand Test centre David Vaealiki from his 2008 contract to take up a two year offer to play rugby union in France.

Vaealiki sought a release after receiving the offer in recent weeks. Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said it would have been unfair and selfish of Manly to oppose the request. "David has only been with us a short time but he  has impressed everyone with his attitude and he was unable to show us his best because of injury. "He goes with our best wishes.He has a young family and this deal will be a benefit financially for him," Mr.Mayer said. Vaealiki said he was leaving Manly reluctantly. "I have enjoyed my time here with a great bunch of team mates and a professionally run organisation. "Injuries in the pre season and in the early rounds of the premiership haven't helped but I now realise that the chance to play rugby in France is the best option for me and my family,"Vaealiki said.

The 27 year old spent the last three seasons in the English Super League with Wigan after six seasons in the NRL with Parramatta.

From MSE

---
Don't think there will be any complaints here.

The line "I now realise that the chance to play Rugby in France" is pretty telling, don't you think?

He didn't realise up until now hey?

Wonder why we shunted him, besides the fact he is no good?

clontaago link said:
Rhino you had him in the starting line up prior to season commencement!!

I know - and you warned me at the time. I guess my last memory of him was at Parra - in his prime. What an absolute useless waste of time and money he turned out to be for the club.

One of Crushers best. Maybe Vaeliki got a free flight from the UK out of it at The Eagles expense. :D

Well that is a great career at Manly finished, personally I think he played two games too many.

Maybe Cliffy GC is on the mark with this one about Hill

One thing the guy COULD almost claim as an Eagle - possibly the ugliest player ever to pull a maroon and white jersey on.
That forehead was plain scary !

I am suprised he didnt join Souths to add to their polynesian collection

Ryan the team of the 90;'s with players like Jughead Jones and The Mule will forever be the ugliest team of footballers there was?

Do you think there is any truth in this rumour?
Manly, meanwhile, are reportedly making moves for North Queensland utility Justin Smith to fill the troublesome five-eighth position.

The Sea Eagles granted former New Zealand Test centre David Vaealiki an immediate release so he could accept a two-year rugby union offer in France.

Justin Smith!!! I do not rate him but I guess as a stop gap for 12 months. Also probably adds more than Willo but to be fair I have not played close attention to Smith over the years.

I'm not sure why they would go for a 30yo utility unless it was a fill in until the other Foran brother hopefully arrives.
Full name Justin Smith
Date of birth August 9, 1977 (1977-08-09) (age 30)
Place of birth Narromine, New South Wales, Australia
Height 186 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)
Nickname(s) Smithy

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7