Vale Gentleman Jim Hall, a man of many talents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it

JIM Hall will be remembered as one of the proud, founding members of the 1947 inaugural Sea Eagles side. He will also be remembered for his charm, wit and many sporting achievements.

Peter Peters of the Sea Eagles remembers Jim Hall fondly at his funeral today. Picture: MARTIN LANGE
Today,  more than 100 friends and family gathered in Mona Vale to farewell the respected community man who died, aged 89, last Saturday after a short illness.

Along with being a top-flight rugby league player, who also played for the North Sydney Bears, Mr Hall was a state bowler, a talented golfer and a lifesaver.
To son Kerry and daughter Colleen, he was simply dad. “When we saw Dad’s trophy cabinet filling, myself and Colleen just thought that was the same for everybody’s dad,” Kerry said. “Dad had a real charm about him.”
Colleen spoke of her fond childhood memories. “My best memory of him is sitting on his lap and driving up Rickard Rd (North Narrabeen) in his pink and blue Dodge when I was a child,” she said.
Former Sea Eagle Peter Peters, who is the team’s media manager, also paid tribute.
“He was always one of the first at reunions and took pride of place in the front of the room as one of the pioneers from 1947,” he said.
“He was always going around the room asking about the health of his mates and players who played after him.” Good mate Reg Robinson, who played bowls with Mr Hall at Mona Vale Bowling Club, told stories of how the pair came to be known across the northern beaches as the “terrible twins” as opponents feared playing the dynamic duo. Mr Hall will be cremated, with his ashes scattered at Mona Vale Bowling Club and North Narrabeen beach.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/gentleman-jim-hall-a-man-of-many-talents/

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6