Vave ready to roll at 125 kegs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The 125kg prop was both a teammate and a rival of Manly’s big improver Jesse Sene-Lefao when the pair grew up in Sydney’s west.
They played alongside Manly star Jamie Buhrer in the champion Patrician Brothers Blacktown side of 2007.
“I think we won everything bar the big Arrive Alive (Cup),” Vave said.
He was at the Sharks last season and has answered the call from the Sea Eagles for a few big boppas to fill the void left by the departures of forwards such as Jason King.
“My manager threw my name up, I had a meeting with Geoff (Toovey) and here I am,” Vave said. “The biggest drawcard for me was the players that they have got here. I’ve got a lot of good mates.
“Jesse is my best friend and I am close family friends with Jorgey (Taufua).”
Vave was in the wedding party at Sene-Lefao’s recent nuptials.
The Tongan World Cup forward spoke to his old mates before putting pen to paper and he said they all described Manly as a “good club, a tough club and a fair club”.
“That’s all you really need – somewhere that’s going to give you a good chance,” Vave said.
And he has been inspired by the way Sene-Lefoa’s career has kicked on at Manly.
“I’ve watched Jesse grow from a fringe player to a first-grade player over the last couple of years,” he said.
Vave was also attracted to Manly by the way they play.
“They have a really tough mentality,” he said.
“My goal this year is to play consistent first grade and give Tooves and the boys what they need.
“Over the past couple of years I have played a lot of first grade but in patches. I would play 10 games then a couple in reserve grade.”

I think he will surprise a few here.
He played well in a fair few games for the Storm in 2012 when they won the comp.

The positive message here is how the players related their experience playing in our colours, to convince Vave to sign. Despite the negativity of last season, there are no shortage of guys keen to take opportunities to play with us.

Yes, we'll hear a lot about DCE/Foran, but overall the message from the playing group is a positive one and bodes well for 2015.

I don't like him.

He didn't read my name out to win the African trip!!!!

(not sure if I need to put 'kidding' in posts like these, but I have now ....so there.)

I hope he can read the game better than he read out the name of the safari winner :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7